So, I'm going to a Dresden Dolls show tonight, and a very good friend of mine can't make it because her teachers haven't updated her grades yet, so she's still failing some classes. Our district uses a grading program called eSembler, which has a login and password for teachers that can be accessed from any computer by anyone, with the right information.
So, my question is....
Should I hack into the grading database and modify her grades, just for today? I would change them back just as soon as we got home.
I know I can hack it, and if I should, are there any anonymity programs I could use to decrease my chances of getting caught?
why doesnt she just go to the show ? its only for one night ?
" Did You know, in Tibet, if they want something, do you know what they do? They give something away."

"Do they ? That must be why they're such a dominant global power."
Quote by smackforall
I know I can hack it, and if I should, are there any anonymity programs I could use to decrease my chances of getting caught?

this is the point where you lost the last ounce of believability.

I hope you get caught.
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
I suppose she could just sneak out, but still.
And no, her teachers will not change them for her. They were already supposed to have changed them, but they haven't as of last night.
Lemoninfluence, you can just shove it. Nobody wants to hear your crap.
i dont get it....

she cant go to a show cos her grades are crap?

wut?
Quote by freddaahh
I do think it is a rather suspect sound of metal dildos and horses.
Dresden Dolls? Take me instead. I get really good grades.
The will to neither strive nor cry,
The power to feel with others give.
Calm, calm me more; nor let me die
Before I have begun to live.

-Matthew Arnold

Arguments are to be avoided; they are always vulgar and often convincing.
anyone who knows how to hack (actually knows how to hack and not just stumble upon a person's password) will know the stuff that you're asking.

That's my point. You're some idiot who's found a teacher's password and thinks they're some kind of l33t hacker.

apart from the fact that what you're doing is illegal and will almost definitely have serious consequences for your friend (at the very least), you shouldn't do it because you obviously have no idea what you need to do and will almost definitely be caught.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
1) Why do her grades decide whether she can go to the concert or not?

2) You don't have to be an ass Lemoninfluence, just because you run linux you are not better than everyone.
I agree with Lemon, this is just stupid.

Hai gaiz, I wuz wonderin, is it okay that I rob a bank to bai a nu guitar? I'll give the moneyz back after, I swear.
HEY
Do you like anime/manga?
PM me about buying the graphic novels I'm trying to sell
Quote by lukephillips000

2) You don't have to be an ass Lemoninfluence, just because you run linux you are not better than everyone.

wait..

he runs linux?

shiiiit, bow down..
Quote by freddaahh
I do think it is a rather suspect sound of metal dildos and horses.
Quote by metaldud536
Use a Porygon for epic hacking.

It never gets old.

Ok, back to the topic, don't hack the system dude. It's an incredibly stupid thing to do. A couple years ago a kid hacked into our school's computer system, changed some grades around, and the FBI came to our school and investigated it. He was caught and arrested. Just get her to sneak out instead. The consequences are much less.
Don't ****ing fail a class. I don't really see how its possible to fail one... Even if you dont try what so ever, there should not be any reason to fail a class.
Just get her to sneak out. Or take me, I love Dresden Dolls. I didn't even know they were touring actually, where are you seeing them?
I play by my own rules. And I have one rule; There are no rules... but if there are, they're there to be broken. Even this one.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman
Sigs are wastes of my precious screen space.

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
Quote by lukephillips000

lol, I run windows vista so if anything I get looked down upon by everyone in computing terms. That doesn't make me better than everyone.

My fantastic wit and humble attitude make me better than everyone

Anyone with any amount of computer knowledge would know that this kid is talking out of his ass when he says he's going to hack into this database. I've given him several reasons as to why he shouldn't do it.

I'll reiterate these.

He doesn't know what he's doing and so will be caught. If he succeeds and isn't caught, there's a high probability that there will be consequences for his friend and the teacher who's login details he uses.

If he's willing to risk being caught and putting his friend through that for the sake of seeing some band, then go for it. but if anyone's being an inconsiderate twat, it's the TS who's contemplating potentially ruining 3 lives.

Quote by element4433
I'm assuming her grades aren't keeping her from going, but her parents are keeping her from going becuase her grades are bad...

Just sneak her out. The consequences suck a lot less for that.
"The poor didn't want this one."
Quote by FoolOnThePlanet
I agree with Lemon, this is just stupid.

Hai gaiz, I wuz wonderin, is it okay that I rob a bank to bai a nu guitar? I'll give the moneyz back after, I swear.

that there's called a loan, bub.
Songs!
Something's Changed
Frost

BC Rich Mockingbird Evil Edge
Dean Palomino Vintage Sunburst
Indiana Scout Acoustic in Sparkly Blue
Kustom Arrow 16DFX, soon to be a Vox Valvetronix 50
Dimebag Custom Crybaby
Fab Tone
dude...........

do it.