So because effects get distorted through tubes when the effects are put in front, making things like chorus sound bad, I was wondering if I could plug it into the back, AFTER tubes have distorted it.

This is my speaker which is plugged to the output of the Pre-amp (I think it's called, whatever it is that has the tubse in it)

So on here, the cord on the right is plugged into the output of the pre-amp (or whatever you call it) and the black cord on the left is direcly connected to the speaker.

Would this work without blowing out the speaker? I have not turned it on/used it like this out of fear.
I actually do have schizophrenia, so stop making fun of people who have it.

GEAR:
Boss ME-50
Silvertone Paul Stanley Apocalypse (modded)
Squier Affinity Strat (modded)
Italia Modulo 2
Fender Front 15G
Don't do that! You're connected between the poweramp and the speaker, and if you turn it on, you'll probably fry your pedal! At least if you turn it up.
Quote by Lunchbox362
This thread if fail in almost every way imaniganable.
No load (speaker) connected to valve amp = boom.
Good thing you didn't turn it on.

And you're bypassing the poweramp that way which kind of defeats the object of having a valve amp...

Unless you mean you've placed it after the speaker output - which would be equally bad.
American Deluxe maple board Strat
Hot Rod Deluxe
Fulltone Fulldrive II mosfet
Quote by pEdAl2
No load (speaker) connected to valve amp = boom.
Good thing you didn't turn it on.

And you're bypassing the poweramp that way which kind of defeats the object of having a valve amp...

Unless you mean you've placed it after the speaker output - which would be equally bad.

I think he has it between the speaker output and the speaker.
Quote by Lunchbox362
This thread if fail in almost every way imaniganable.
Pedals cant take that kind of output so it will fry. And the amp wont have a proper load so it will fry. You will have to live with it in front of the preamp or have a fx loop.
Get an efx loop.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Your logic is good, Eddie Van Halen felt the same way, but the execution is flawed. To do this you need to be able to take a line level signal from the power amp, if your amp doesn't have a line-out then you can't do it. If you can't do that then you need to compromise and use an FX loop, if there's no FX loop then you just have to put up with it.

Like people have already said, if you put something that isn't specifically designed to take the load between the power amp and the speaker you'll either fry what's in-between, the amp itself or more likely both things.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Okay...yeah I was scared like the Ohm difference between the power amp and the pedal might blow the speaker or fry something.

Is there any way I could get a FX loop professionally installed?

Quote by pEdAl2

That's what I did.
I actually do have schizophrenia, so stop making fun of people who have it.

GEAR:
Boss ME-50
Silvertone Paul Stanley Apocalypse (modded)
Squier Affinity Strat (modded)
Italia Modulo 2
Fender Front 15G
Last edited by DefectedFromGod at May 31, 2008,
don't do it. once the amplifier has already amplified the sound, its a much MUCH stronger current than the guitar signal you're supposed to feed through most pedals, and the output is the right impedance to drive a speaker without breaking it. if you put something designed to handle line level sources with different impedance between the strongly amplified signal and the matched impedance, it tends to catch fire.
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
Maybe somebody here will know how hard it is to put an fx loop in your amp. Its not so easy on all amps.
Quote by Tackleberry
Maybe somebody here will know how hard it is to put an fx loop in your amp. Its not so easy on all amps.

its better to make the effort doing it properly than destroying all your gear trying to find a shortcut. or the more expensive but easier and less flammable solution would be to get an amp with an FX loop.

wait a sec? does the palomino have no clean channel?
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.