Page 1 of 2
What are some annoying things they do in songs that you'd otherwise like? This can be anything from a single riff, to a whole instrumental part, and so on.

Personally, I hate the background percussive tapping sound that keeps the tempo in Blackbird - The Beatles, and in Ramble On - Led Zeppelin. Listening to that is like enduring Chinese water torture.
The tamburin in I Wanna Be Your Dog. If they'd just go for the guitar/bass riff it'd be so much better.
Quote by JohnnyGenzale
The tamburin in I Wanna Be Your Dog. If they'd just go for the guitar/bass riff it'd be so much better.

Yeah that sound is very annoying, that's why I prefer Slayer's version
Quote by Sabu
Yeah that sound is very annoying, that's why I prefer Slayer's version

Is it Iggy-ish vocals?
i think its somewhere on With Teeth, the album, that theres a siren in one of the songs, and it pisses me off 'cause i always start lookin around for an ambulance
Quote by beadhangingOne
There is no music but metal and muhammad is its prophet.
Synthesizer things like in the song A New Beginning by Threat Signal. Another thing I really like is bass drops in songs, they're only annoying when your volume is cranked, because you flip your **** when you hear your subwoofer go "GRRRRRCCCCKKKKKKK" when it hits.
Gear:
Ibanez RG7321 Seven String
Epiphone Iommi Signature SG
Digitech Scott Ian Black 13
VOX Valvetronix AD100VTH
Laney 4x12 w/Celestion 50s
Just to add to my list - The vibraphone (whirly thingy) at the start of Crazy Train. If you're listening to that song with headphones on, it makes you wanna puke as it goes from left ear to right and back.
The black metal and death metal parts in "Severe Emotional Distress" by Into Eternity. The rest of that song is awesome, but I hate black metal and death metal.
"There is no hell. There is only France." - Frank Zappa
the sound of the snare drum on basically the whole album of st. anger, particularily frantic, would be a decent song if there wasnt so much ping in the snare drum
My Gear
Yamaha Pacifica (D'addario Flatwound)
Roland Cube 60 watt
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Electro-Harmonix Big Muff Pi
Boss RC-2
Montana Acoustic Guitar(Martin Regular)
Quote by JohnnyGenzale
Is it Iggy-ish vocals?

Nah just normal Slayer vocals and the lyrics are changed to I'm Gonna Be Your God. The Stooges version is awesome except that noise, I just listen to live versions without that noise because it annoys me.
Just to add to my list - The vibraphone (whirly thingy) at the start of Crazy Train. If you're listening to that song with headphones on, it makes you wanna puke as it goes from left ear to right and back.
you mean the vibraslap? the fast kind of woodpecker thing, that makes me fell like im going to barf too
My Gear
Yamaha Pacifica (D'addario Flatwound)
Roland Cube 60 watt
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Electro-Harmonix Big Muff Pi
Boss RC-2
Montana Acoustic Guitar(Martin Regular)
Quote by Spaded_Ace
speed picking in through the fire and flames by dragonforce

Hardly speed picking, more like repetative tapping/whammy bar wank/legato stuff.
Quote by iron_maiden93
you mean the vibraslap? the fast kind of woodpecker thing, that makes me fell like im going to barf too

Yeah, that's the one.
The raping part in Roll the Bones by Rush, or the part in fountain of lamneth (also rush) where it stops and yells LISTLEN...it just reminds me of Navi from zelda and pisses me off even more
Quote by EZLN libertad
i think its somewhere on With Teeth, the album, that theres a siren in one of the songs, and it pisses me off 'cause i always start lookin around for an ambulance

Speaking of nine inch nails
The drums at the end of piggy because i check every other page i have opened thinking that something else is playing at the same time as the song. but then i figure out that its part of the song.
flava flav i mean they would be taken more seriously if they dropped that loser.
Oct. 20th, 2009: New guitar AND front row for Mars Volta.

Quote by denizenz
Is that a ukulele in your pants, or did you just rip ass to the tune of "Aloha Oi"?

I met Sonic Youth on June 30th, and Mars Volta on Oct 20th.
i hate when songs start after like 30 seconds of silence or really soft sounds that arent part of the music. i also hate when songs have a long silence after they finish. if i'm listening to my music on shuffle its so annoying.
Quote by One on Sunday
i hate when songs start after like 30 seconds of silence or really soft sounds that arent part of the music. i also hate when songs have a long silence after they finish. if i'm listening to my music on shuffle its so annoying.

Yeah some songs try to sound too epic = fail
Foam Born: (a) the backtrack, I love the song at the beginning so much but when it gets into the growling I just can't handle it, I'd love the song otherwise
███████
███████████
██████████████
███████████████
█████████████
███████████████
███████████
███████

Quote by Platodium
Yeah some songs try to sound too epic = fail

Dare I say Holy Diver?:P

1.20 before the song actually starts. Torture

I usually don't like songs that just fades out. Nightrain is an example, even if it's an awesome example as the outro kicks so much ass it's funny. But anyway. Songs that fades out instead of actually stop.
In Rock the Casbah by the Clash, in the chorus (not sure if it's the chorus, can't really remember) there is a beeping that sounds like a cell phone, it pisses me off SO much...
Quote by Deliriumbassist

My two pennies- theory. Learn it.
Skills. Get them.
Hair. Grow it to your ass.

Quote by Dempsey68
i can only keep it up for about 30 seconds before my fingers cramp up =[

Quote by Horsedick.MPEG
Sorry, but because you listen to Tool doesn't mean you're intelligent.
Quote by One on Sunday

+1

That REALLY spoils the excitement of listening to a CD in the car.
I'm surprised someone hasn't mentioned this....

EVERY BECK SONG.

But, it sounds good when he does it. Certain sounds alone would annoy the hell out of me though. Nice job, Beck.
Quote by primusfan
Quote by Darklights
Yah, my then 11 yr old daughter caught me doing my ex-girlfriend.

Thank God this didn't end up like that threesome story.*sigh of relief*

Quote by fortysix&2
In Rock the Casbah by the Clash, in the chorus (not sure if it's the chorus, can't really remember) there is a beeping that sounds like a cell phone, it pisses me off SO much...

Jesus. Just listened to that, sounds so out of place.
The whole wierd bit from "Whole Lotta Love" why was that even put in?
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
Wiggy = legend.

Devil's Advocate
Quote by Platodium
Jesus. Just listened to that, sounds so out of place.

I think it's a bit like that black oval that appears in the upper right hand corner of cinema screens sometimes, you never notice it until you look for it and then it pisses you off.
Quote by Deliriumbassist

My two pennies- theory. Learn it.
Skills. Get them.
Hair. Grow it to your ass.

Quote by Dempsey68
i can only keep it up for about 30 seconds before my fingers cramp up =[

Quote by Horsedick.MPEG
Sorry, but because you listen to Tool doesn't mean you're intelligent.
Hm, I'm a bit annoyed at the lyrics in "God Gave Me Everything" by Mick Jagger. Haven't really read through it all but the title isn't my favourite subject as an atheist but amazing song nonetheless.
In some songs by like Evanescense and Paramore they have that thing where there is a guy that sounds like he should be in some hard rock band and he just like yells something, it really ruins the whole song.
Quote by fortysix&2
I think it's a bit like that black oval that appears in the upper right hand corner of cinema screens sometimes, you never notice it until you look for it and then it pisses you off.

I thought that was only in my cinema... seriously why does that happen? You think they'd have better recording/screening technology or something.
I Won't See You Tonight Part 1 by Avenged Sevenfold....the damn static at the end for no reason! It just gets more and more persistent..
Her friends are gazing on her,
And on her gaudy bier,
And weep!-oh! to dishonor
Dead beauty with a tear!
They loved her for her wealth-
And they hated her for her pride-
But she grew in feeble health,
And they love her-that she died.
The screaming in Hexagram by Deftones. It's stupid as anything and ruins an amazing song.
Got on the bus with me daysavaaaa
Quote by Platodium
I thought that was only in my cinema... seriously why does that happen? You think they'd have better recording/screening technology or something.

according to the movie "fight club" it's called a cigarette burn and it tells the projectionist when to switch the reels
Founder of the "Foundation to replace Jacob's stolen phone foundation of America" PM me to contribute to this noble cause, no donation is too small, or large for that matter
Quote by 69usefulidiot69
Speaking of nine inch nails
The drums at the end of piggy because i check every other page i have opened thinking that something else is playing at the same time as the song. but then i figure out that its part of the song.

haha, thats my favorite part of my favorite nin song
oh well, different strokes for different folks.

in the song Face to Face by Daft Punk theres a weird sound my old computer used to make when there was an error or something so whenever i listen to that on my computer i all 'wtfz wutd i do'
<//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\>
Quote by Spaded_Ace
speed picking in through the fire and flames by dragonforce

in fact, they could get rid of the whole song and it would sound a whole lot better
Quote by ~Danny~
Must if they break for me, better sounds come from the way you play more-so than the strings.

Quote by ~Danny~
>hen I said 'must', i meant just.

Quote by ~Danny~
I think we've realised I can't type by now...
The solo in raining blood. Seriously, wtf was he doing to that poor guitar?
FALKIRK

We'll win something someday

Quote by Minkaro
Falkirk is the home of runners up.

Check out my Tunes
In Mouthful of Cavities (sp?) in the chorus there is a tamberine every so often
It does my nut in now I've recognised it.
It's all I can hear
Quote by KileManA7X
You sir, are an honorary genius! Take this badge, you made us proud!
Page 1 of 2