My band just demoed out a couple new songs. They're on our myspace link in my sig.
The two songs are called Steel Pain and In or Out. My Bugera 6262 was what I used to record with. I'm very pleased with the tone of it. Check it out.

Also, here's a link to my thread in Original Recordings, if you'd give me some crit on those two songs, I'd appreciate it.
http://ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=873106
Quote by Zeppelin71
Umm. . .uh. . .your mom touched sjones' dick. YOUR MOM TOUCHED OUR GUITARISTS GENITALS IN A CAMPER AT A BIKER FESTIVAL! truth.
Last edited by sjones at May 31, 2008,
Goddammit, MySpace doesn't work for me. Would have loved to hear it. Oh well, how's it worked so far (the amp)?
Quote by Lunchbox362
This thread if fail in almost every way imaniganable.
how was the recording set up, and what were the tone settings on your amp? sounds like you had the dreaded "scooped mids"
Holy ****.
I live in Marietta, dude.
Where do you guys usually play?
Epiphone Les Paul goldtop (EMG 81/85)
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Fender Telecaster MIM
Epiphone SG Special
Jay Turser JT200 Serpent (GFS Crunchy Rails/Crunchy Pat)
Dean V-Coustic
Ovation Celebrity
Bugera 333-212
Crate Blue Voodoo 120H
^ yea i didn't wanna be the first to say that!! lol

sounded kinda scooped. but maybe it was just recording issues? also, i think the instruments need to be just a tad louder, the voice is a lil bit more noticeable than the rest. but then again that could be b/c of scooped mids.

what was the EQing on your amp?
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH
*fellow LEO feel free to give a shout out
The overall sound and recording needs a little work before we can hear the tone in all its glory
Quote by slash_rocks2005
^ yea i didn't wanna be the first to say that!! lol

sounded kinda scooped. but maybe it was just recording issues? also, i think the instruments need to be just a tad louder, the voice is a lil bit more noticeable than the rest. but then again that could be b/c of scooped mids.

what was the EQing on your amp?

Nah, not scooped mids, actually. My B/M/T is 7/5/8, with a Bad Monkey in front of it, which has a mid hump to it.
Quote by Zeppelin71
Umm. . .uh. . .your mom touched sjones' dick. YOUR MOM TOUCHED OUR GUITARISTS GENITALS IN A CAMPER AT A BIKER FESTIVAL! truth.
The recording definitely needs some work.

If you are playing the lead track, it definitely seems like you get a pretty good Bodom-esque tone.
2008 Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Currently amp-less!

Fund My GAS
"Nah, not scooped mids, actually. My B/M/T is 7/5/8, with a Bad Monkey in front of it, which has a mid hump to it."

THAT may be the problem bro!!! here's MY suggestion:

B/M/T : 7/8/5

THEN have your bad monkey add some highs IF you need them. mids coming from the pedal aren't going to be as fat and thick as the ones coming from the amp itself.

i really think that's why it sounded scooped. the best way to EQ IMO is to set the amp to the tone you think is closest to what you want to achieve and use an OD to FINE tune it. what you did is not a noob move, but not the best one either.

try it out and lemme know how it sounds ok? i'm not 100% sure if it'll solve the problemo but i'm confident in it for sure!!

nice lead tone like mentioned
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH
Nah, don't like big honky mids. I like my tone. Plus, with the low end in the 6262, setting treble that low would sound muddy.
Quote by Zeppelin71
Quote by sjones
Nah, not scooped mids, actually. My B/M/T is 7/5/8, with a Bad Monkey in front of it, which has a mid hump to it.

The bad monkey doesn't have a mid hump your thinking of the tubescreamer...
Quote by IbanezPsycho
The bad monkey doesn't have a mid hump your thinking of the tubescreamer...

Mine really seems like it does, but that could be from the loss of bass..

oh yeah, and the rhythm does sound like either the mids are scooped slightly or its how it was recorded.
I really think you should get an better OD pedal. Since you don't really need a gain boost and want to just tighten it up an Tubescreamer/Maxon Od would be alot better at that IMO.
Quote by yoyodunno
Mine really seems like it does, but that could be from the loss of bass..

oh yeah, and the rhythm does sound like either the mids are scooped slightly or its how it was recorded.

How did yall record it? Did you record everything individually and then put it together or just mic'ed the room?
just remember that scooped/slightly scooped tone sounds better (depending on ur taste) on it's own rather than with a band.

the bad monkey works great as a boost for its price. you just gotta find that sweet spot in the overall EQing.

if setting the treble that low would sound muddy then just EQ the treble to whatever point it doesn't sound muddy. big honkey mids are better than scooped mids lol, but i'm not saying get big and honkey mids. i'm saying get a midrange that is either equal or a lil higher than the treble range.

guitars are supposed to be the midrange sound in a band, thus they need mids in there to sound their best in the mix. especially in a metal band you're gonna want the guitar tone to be performing at it's most clear level.

hope this is helping
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH
Quote by sjones
Nah, don't like big honky mids. I like my tone. Plus, with the low end in the 6262, setting treble that low would sound muddy.

You may like your tone but nobody else has. Sorry
Tom Anderson Hollow Classic
72 thin line tele

Barber trifecta fuzz
Mi audio Crunch Box
Clyde Wah
Barber Burn Unit
Ocean efx Texas deuce
Boomerang chorus delay
Barber ltd

1971 Pro reverb
Fender acoustasonic
Fender super champ xd
I thought the tone was kinda cool. I personally would use more mids but I just like my sound to be full and rich. The quality was so-so but with high quality recordings I bet the amp would sound great!
Kinda....thin? Too fizzy, not fat enough. More bass, more mids. Leave the treble as it is, just make it sound 'bigger' with more bass and mids.

Also, there's a LOT of fail in this thread. The Bad Monkey is essentially a budget Tubescreamer clone, hence why it sounds so good for the money. Ergo, Mid hump.
The Laney Thread are big and clever. No exceptions.
Quote by truespin
Holy ****.
I live in Marietta, dude.
Where do you guys usually play?

holy crap ive been seeing alot of ohio guys recently. im ilike an hour north of marietta, Cambridge?
Quote by BryanChampine
It was like a orgasm in my ear.
Chea_man is the best.
Fizzy as hell.
How did the guy mic the amp?
It sounds almost room miced, which is really weird.
If it was close miced then the engineer really ****ing sucks.

Also, some advice for future recordings.
Get the engineer to set the mic right at the edge of the speaker, keep the mids high, about 7, and treb and bass around 5. Adjust to taste, thicken it up, thin it out a bit, whatever works for the mix, but that'll eliminate the fizz problems 5150's have miced up. Yeah you have a 6262, but I have a 5150 mkII, and the 6262, as I'm sure you already know, is the mkII's clone counterpart type thing.
That'll get you 90% of the way to awesome recorded tone with this brand of amplifier.
Just thought I'd pass on the knowledge to save you time and effort at your next recording session.
These amps are a bitch to work with miced up, they just fizz and fizz and fizz and fizzzz.
I think the fizziness you all are hearing is the Crate Blue Voodoo 120 my other guitar player used. It has a fuzzy top end to it.
If you listen to certain parts of the songs where there's only guitar, you can hear my tone, then with his added in, you get a little bit of fizz.
Quote by Zeppelin71