like the title says, is a 50 watt guitar amp as loud as a 50 watt bass amp, or is there a difference. I want to know what wattage of guitar amp to get, but i only have access to bass amps.
Gear:
Fender Hot Rod Deville 2x12
Custom Built Guitar (made it myself)
PRS SE Soapbar II Maple
Fender Stratacoustic (Stolen! )
Digitech RP200
Boss MT-2
Roland Microcube
I like my stuff!
the guitarist in my band has a 40W valve amp

i have a 450W bass amp (only pushing 300 w/o extension cab)

same wattage would be as loud, just wouldnt cut through at a gig.

bedroom practise is awesome
Get off this damn forum and play your damn guitar.
The bass tends to get lost more in the mix so therefore the wattage is usually louder.
Quote by doggy_hat
This chick that looked like shrek ****ed me while I was passed out on xanax. I screamed when I woke up.
Quote by stevo_epi_SG_wo
the guitarist in my band has a 40W valve amp

i have a 450W bass amp (only pushing 300 w/o extension cab)

same wattage would be as loud, just wouldnt cut through at a gig.

bedroom practise is awesome

i bet it is
STEAM: beachhhhhhhh

Quote by cornmancer
Please daddy, just for one hour.
50 watts is 50 watts. A 50 watt guitar amp is the same as a 50 watt bass amp. You just need alot more power to drive bass speakers.
perfect, thanks. i was playing a 50W bass amp and thought it was pretty loud (it was just practice, not a gig or anything. so a 30W amp sound as loud, but not technically be as loud?
Gear:
Fender Hot Rod Deville 2x12
Custom Built Guitar (made it myself)
PRS SE Soapbar II Maple
Fender Stratacoustic (Stolen! )
Digitech RP200
Boss MT-2
Roland Microcube
I like my stuff!
I think you need more power to amplify lower frequencies, or something like that. I'm not sure if the actual dB would be the same or not, but they might. Not 100% sure. Anyway, bass amps of the same wattage as guitar amps are more quiet.
Quote by Lunchbox362
This thread if fail in almost every way imaniganable.
They are the same but because a bass produces such low frequencies they need a bit more power to really hear them in the mix, hence why 1000watt bass amps aren't uncommon.
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
If you were using it for guitar, you'd need the same wattage as you would for a guitar amp.
A dwarf might hear you. What then?

My Music