so i know the basic pattern for a minor sweep thing... ...

how do i speed up? i know exactly where my fingers need to go and when, i just cant get the speed!!!

PS. i started sweep learning a couple of days ago
STEAM: beachhhhhhhh

Quote by cornmancer
Please daddy, just for one hour.
Oh no...not another 08'er learning to sweep!!!
You guys grow exponentially!!!
Gear:

Ibanez XPT707FX
Ibanez RG7321 (DiMarzio D-Activator 7 Pickups)

Dunlop Crybaby 535Q Wah-Wah
DigiTech Whammy WH-4
Boss RC-20XL Loop Station

Line 6 Flextone III Plus w/FBV2 Footswitch
Quote by BMXfreak000
Oh no...not another 08'er learning to sweep!!!
You guys grow exponentially!!!

. . i tried it a couple of months ago, but i gave up but now i listen to children of bodom, so i started learning again

Quote by cornmancer
Metronome... Meteronome... and more Metronome. And heaps of practice.
I'm in a similar position. I started practicing a few months ago it took a while to get mediocre. Eventually you'll get better until you all of the sudden get decent. Just work on finger exercises and accuracy. Getting both hands in sync is tough, keep at it.
Quote by MorgMetal_666
I'm in a similar position. I started practicing a few months ago it took a while to get mediocre. Eventually you'll get better until you all of the sudden get decent. Just work on finger exercises and accuracy. Getting both hands in sync is tough, keep at it.

thats the main problem

and lol. another 08'er!

i downloaded a metronome program. it works better than counting in my head!

Quote by cornmancer
Last edited by Hoodoo Child at May 31, 2008,
Quote by Hoodoo Child

how do i speed up? i know exactly where my fingers need to go and when, i just cant get the speed!!!

Google it. This is the most common guitar question and there is a ton of stuff written on it.
Quote by Hoodoo Child

You (and everyone else that's asked this) should know there's no trick to it. Honestly, what kind of response did you think you would get to this?

You have to practice slowly, and build accuracy. Speed is a by-product of accuracy. Practice well and play well.
Quote by silentdud
Google it. This is the most common guitar question and there is a ton of stuff written on it.

ahhhh, google. the bringer of all information.

Quote by cornmancer
Quote by Hoodoo Child

it takes more than a couple of days. be patient, keep practicing, and have fun.
It takes far longer than a couple of days to get down the basic notion of sweeping. It could take weeks or even months.

Start simply with a three note pattern to get the hang of the pick movement. I started off just using the e-b-g strings an a Bmin pattern up and down the neck.

Also, remember to keep the pick at a constant speed, if you can, get a metronome. It will probably make things easier. I just wish I thought of buying one.
"The Campaign turned ugly, when two politicians kissed the same baby." - Bruce McCulloch

"Speed is the consequence of good technique."
Quote by bam_pontius
It takes far longer than a couple of days to get down the basic notion of sweeping. It could take weeks or even months.

Start simply with a three note pattern to get the hang of the pick movement. I started off just using the e-b-g strings an a Bmin pattern up and down the neck.

Also, remember to keep the pick at a constant speed, if you can, get a metronome. It will probably make things easier. I just wish I thought of buying one.

i downloaded one yesterday

Quote by cornmancer