Page 1 of 2
Ok, so my friend and I were planning to take a trip to Europe next summer. He is doing his second semester in Prague and I was going to fly out and meet him there afterword. Now, he personally invited me to go backpacking with him, but last night he calls me over out of the blue and takes back his invitation, saying he'd rather go by himself. I'm really pissed off about this, but some people are like "well I can see why he'd want to go alone", but thats not even the point, this kid who I've been best friends with for 10 years who invited me to go to Europe with him just basically said "actually, I want to go myself you go do whatever." I don't really know how I should go about this. I want to call him out for being an indian giving prick, but like I don't know thats not really my personality to just go around calling kids out. But I really feel like I need to say something to him.
*Official Deadhead*

The times they are a-changin'
No man I don't think you do have a right really, it was his invitation to give and his to retract. Sorry I can see why you WOULD be pissed but I can also see that if you're asking SHOULD you be, the answer's no.
Quote by REBAN primusfan
i enjoy getting boners. they make me feel important.

Quote by chubbychunks
George Lucas didn't invent Christianity, although he was a big contributor.
I can see why you're angry about it, and you do have a right to be upset, but you have to respect that he would rather go by himself. It's probably nothing to do with you, he would just rather experience it alone. Try not to get too wound up, and see if you can't organise another trip at some point.
The will to neither strive nor cry,
The power to feel with others give.
Calm, calm me more; nor let me die
Before I have begun to live.

-Matthew Arnold

Arguments are to be avoided; they are always vulgar and often convincing.
Quote by spitfirehicks
grow some

!!

Grow some what, capital letters and full stops?

Don't worry TS, this happens to the best of us.
In a sense you could be mad, but don't.
Well at least don't call him out. Won't lead to anything good.
Quote by buddha
isnt there a law against not shaving? thats somewere in our constitution. i think it goes something like a girl maybe be a freak in the sheets but no be wild down stairs is treason and for that she will be beheaded.-good old Benjamin F.

I can see why your angry but it is his business whether he asks you to come or not. If he takes back that invitation, I can imagine I would be a little angry but if he wants to go by himself, just politely ask him why he choose to venture out on his own. Maybe he has a very decent reason?
What he did was actually completely self centred and idiotic, yes it was his invitation and he had a right to do what he did, but it's not really the done thing to use that power. Bit harsh to be honest, I'd be annoyed. Just kick him.
Quote by Andron17
Go away, I have an erection.

Bassist for Half My Kingdom.
Quote by TJ1991
What he did was actually completely self centred and idiotic, yes it was his invitation and he had a right to do what he did, but it's not really the done thing to use that power. Bit harsh to be honest, I'd be annoyed. Just kick him.

Honestly dude, thats exactly what I've been saying. But this kid has always been predominantly concerned with how something affects him, hes a very selfish kid, this isn't the first time either.
*Official Deadhead*

If it makes you feel better I don't REALLY have anyone I can go travelling with apart from family (which is fine imho), but people are tied up with University, or really really can't be trusted or are plain weird.
Yeh you do. Just go with someone else
~Domino?

This life's too good to last
and I'm too young to care.

Musics
Follow me on Twitter, I'm cool.
Fly out there anyway. If he tells you he said he wanted to go alone, say you must have been drunk and cant remember th ephone call. If he doesnt then offer to let you come, kick his ass
Quote by Summonancer
No man I don't think you do have a right really, it was his invitation to give and his to retract. Sorry I can see why you WOULD be pissed but I can also see that if you're asking SHOULD you be, the answer's no.

I disagree, once you offer someone an invitation, it's, at best, very rude to retract it without reason. TS has every right to be pissed, his friend's a dick.
Quote by trey-col89
Honestly dude, thats exactly what I've been saying. But this kid has always been predominantly concerned with how something affects him, hes a very selfish kid, this isn't the first time either.

Well its obvious he has some personality issues and you can either try and resolve them or leave him alone from now on. Don't fall out with him and insult him, just ignore him politely, as if your moving on in life and he's not going to be a part of it anymore.
sucks, but at the same time at least he's givin you some decent notice
Quote by Mr. La Fritz
"all fatties report to the gym!"

Quote by mosh_face

music should only sound like a train running into a wall of BC riches plugged into line 6 spiders
Quote by JohnnyGenzale
Your friend's a dick and I like it.

You like dicks?

My Youtube Page

I wrote this story so many days ago
and the words kept falling onto pages.
Without the loss we can't go on
and with the loss we became strong.

i'd be kind of disappointed, but hey, some things you just want to do alone.
Songs!
Something's Changed
Frost

BC Rich Mockingbird Evil Edge
Dean Palomino Vintage Sunburst
Indiana Scout Acoustic in Sparkly Blue
Kustom Arrow 16DFX, soon to be a Vox Valvetronix 50
Dimebag Custom Crybaby
Fab Tone
In general, if you have to ask yourself "Do I have a right to be pissed about this?" then most of the time you don't...
Masturbate on his girlfriends bra's. Only then shall you gain true revenge.
Jesus wouldn't give you the sweat off of his balls if you were dying of thirst.
Quote by Code-E
God, you've gotta be UG's only moron!

Quote by magnum1117
that's right,you certainly are UG's only moron.

Quote by necrosis1193
Read the moron's posts, ironically enough he knows what he says.
Ok, so my friend and I were planning to take a trip to Europe next summer. He is doing his second semester in Prague and I was going to fly out and meet him there afterword. Now, he personally invited me to go backpacking with him, but last night he calls me over out of the blue and takes back his invitation, saying he'd rather go by himself. I'm really pissed off about this, but some people are like "well I can see why he'd want to go alone", but thats not even the point, this kid who I've been best friends with for 10 years who invited me to go to Europe with him just basically said "actually, I want to go myself you go do whatever." I don't really know how I should go about this. I want to call him out for being an indian giving prick, but like I don't know thats not really my personality to just go around calling kids out. But I really feel like I need to say something to him.

No,

Why should he have to bring you?
multicolour random messge!

FAC 13
"The hacienda must be rebuilt"
Uhm, did he say why? Because everything depends on whatever reason, but hell, I'd be mad about it.
Yes, you have.
"A war is coming, I've seen it in my dreams. Fires sweeping through the earth, bodies in the streets, cities turned to dust. Retaliation..."

Check out my amazing band!
An Abstract Illusion
Quote by Fiddelers elbow
No,

Why should he have to bring you?

Thats not the point... the point is that he DID invite me, and then retracted the offer after like a month of us talking about all the stuff we were going to be doing... you don't see something wrong with that?
*Official Deadhead*

Quote by Jackolas
Grow some what, capital letters and full stops?

Don't worry TS, this happens to the best of us.

No, balls.
Thats not the point... the point is that he DID invite me, and then retracted the offer after like a month of us talking about all the stuff we were going to be doing... you don't see something wrong with that?

No..
If he doesnt want you to go with him he shouldent have to bring you.

Besides theres no need to get all pissy with me.After all its you and your buddys problem mate.

FAC 13
Call him up and ask him why he wants to go alone, then if says he just wants to. Well, say something mean. He shouldn't of asked you in the first place. Especially if the reason is "just because"

I'm sure there will be other chances to go to Europe though.
Quote by Fiddelers elbow
No..

Besides theres no need to get all pissy with me.After all its you and your buddys problem mate.

Wow, I'm guessing you don't have many friends...

It's not about whether his friend should have to bring him, it's about whether his friend should invite him, then retract his offer for no reason at all.
Wow, I'm guessing you don't have many friends...

It's not about whether his friend should have to bring him, it's about whether his friend should invite him, then retract his offer for no reason at all.

How very mature of you...

Then he should go ask his friend shouldent he?
Im sorry but Im only offering my opinion, Im not ****ing doctor phil.....

FAC 13
you can go ahead and be as pissed as you want, but that won't do anything. respect him even though he's being a prick.
Quote by Fiddelers elbow
How very mature of you...

If you're looking for maturity, you're in the wrong place.
If you're looking for maturity, you're in the wrong place.

What a great cop-out.

FAC 13
Quote by Fiddelers elbow
No..

I'm not getting pissy with you at all, but if he shouldn't have to bring me, he shouldn't have invited me. I don't know about you, but where I come from, if you invite someone somewhere, and then take back the invitation, that's not acceptable. Especially something like backpacking through Europe. I'm not rich, I don't have the money to just go to Europe whenever I want. My parents are willing to by a plane ticket for me next summer because I'll be 20 and they want me to experience Europe at least once, who knows when I'll get to do something like that again?
*Official Deadhead*

I'm not getting pissy with you at all, but if he shouldn't have to bring me, he shouldn't have invited me. I don't know about you, but where I come from, if you invite someone somewhere, and then take back the invitation, that's not acceptable. Especially something like backpacking through Europe. I'm not rich, I don't have the money to just go to Europe whenever I want. My parents are willing to by a plane ticket for me next summer because I'll be 20 and they want me to experience Europe at least once, who knows when I'll get to do something like that again?

Why dont you talk to your mate?

He probably has a credible reason and if not what can you do?
Sitting at home posting threads on Ug sure as hell wont help, talk to him.

FAC 13
Page 1 of 2