i have a lp and a strat but want a metal guitar like a schecter or dean between $200 and $600 perferably floyd rose bridge and whammy ive already seen some nice ibanez's , shecters, and deans
list ur thoughts
How can you get good tone out of a guitar made of metal. I don't think any of those brands make metal guitars.
Quote by doggy_hat
This chick that looked like shrek ****ed me while I was passed out on xanax. I screamed when I woke up.
maybe you should think about your amp.

LP's even stock can get a good metal tone, but if youre dead-set on getting a new guitar for metal id say you could get a better ibanez for -$600 then other brands.
Why you reading this?
Quote by 742627000017
I use my thumb and my johnson

Quote by deanexplosion99
idk what the keys are for but the reason i think its for the floyd rose is because its called floyd rose double locking

Quote by niggafolife
i iz hurr tuh spek da troof abowt muzik
i have a vox my b i was typing it fast had to go somewhere but ya i have a vox vt30
Quote by BleedDeathMetal
How can you get good tone out of a guitar made of metal. I don't think any of those brands make metal guitars.
i sea
Scar tissue that I wish you saw
Sarcastic mister know it all
Close your eyes and I’ll kiss you ’cause
With the birds I’ll share...
I love my Jackson DKMG when playing metal but alot of it is your amp
I decided I want to be more like the people on ug...

Searchbar!!!

That oughta do it.

Time for a supercool guitar demonstration by herman li,

Herman Li- why is this guitar so big?

Stage guy- because its a bass herman

well, im getting an ibanez xiphos in a week. they're specifically made for metal. gave it a go in a guitar store and loved it. you should check it out.
Urrrmmm

Hehe sorry had to be done!

Pretty much anything with a humbucker in the bridge will do metal.
Dean guitars are fine, but the shapes are love or hate. I'd look at jackson and ibanez and scan around on ebay you might find something great on there for a decent price.
Main Gear:

Santiago S3 Spanish Classical
PRS CE22 Mahogany
Mesa/Boogie F-50 combo w/ G12K-100
Teese RMC Wizard Wah
Rothwell Switchblade
Ibanez FL-9
Visual Sound Liquid Chorus V2
EHX SMMwH
Well I've got a few recommendations.

You could go with a Simple Dean ML or one of the cheaper Razorbacks.

You could spend about $200 on a B.C. Rich, certain warlocks are cheap and highly effective. ( On the plus side they also produce lovely harmonics )

Ibanez guitars are fairly effective as well. Though you should be careful when buying the cheaper axes.

And if those aren't your thing you could always go with a Jackson. They're affordable and fun to play.
jackson DXMG strat style body. siver or black , 2 emg hz pups, cool lookin reverse pointy headstock shark fin inlays, lic. floyd rose 450 bucks at gc
epiphone gothic lp
ibanez arc-300
epiphone traditional pro lp
vox ad100vht head.
vox cab
Quote by guitaristclass
Urrrmmm

Hehe sorry had to be done!

Pretty much anything with a humbucker in the bridge will do metal.
Dean guitars are fine, but the shapes are love or hate. I'd look at jackson and ibanez and scan around on ebay you might find something great on there for a decent price.

that guitar isnt MADE out of metal however, it just has a metal faceplate. there is an acoustic fender that is made out of metal i think though
get your les paul, put in some active pickups or something and buy a high gain amp. not a halfstack of course.
Jackson RR5 ivory w/ EMG 81/85
Jackson DX6 w/ SD Distortion & Dimarzio Super Distortion
Fender Starcaster Sunburst
Mesa/Boogie DC-3
Johnson JT50 Mirage
Ibanez TS-9
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Boss CE-5

ISP Decimator
Boss DD-6
Korg Pitchblack
all you need to do is just slap some high output p'ups in your LP.

EDIT:
Quote by apak
get your les paul, put in some active pickups or something and buy a high gain amp. not a halfstack of course.

d@mn, you beat me to it!
O O

___
There's no set definite guitar for metal. Any guitar with high output buckers or stacked humbuckers will do the job. Like it's been said, do a pickup swap in your LP, or even throw some Seymour Duncan Hot Rail pickups in your Strat.

That Vox won't get you the tone you want. The amp makes up like 90% of your tone, and if you want metal in that range, go for a Peavey Valveking combo and buy some new pickups instead of buying a new guitar.
Quote by Platinum Pro
B.C Rich FTW!!!

no... just... absolute no!
O O

___
Quote by Flamingrhythm
You could go with a Simple Dean ML or one of the cheaper Razorbacks.

You could spend about $200 on a B.C. Rich, certain warlocks are cheap and highly effective. ( On the plus side they also produce lovely harmonics )

Low end Deans are awful and overpriced and low end BC Rich's are awfully constructed.
Yhe only companies that will offer you something for that crappy budget is Ibanez and Squire.
My Gear

Guitar
DEAN Razorback Shards
Wesley crappy cheap thing

Amps
Cheap Crappy Freedom Practice AMP 15watts
VOX AD50 Valtronix