Hi guys!
I've seen one of these online here in Norway.
I love the look of this guitar, and I've heard that the Jem's plays absolutely beautiful.
I have only one concern, and that is the pickups, and the sound of the guitar. Does anyone know anything about the sound?

I read a review which said the sound was a bit compress, lack of highs and lows, does it sound familiar?

and yeah, also, does it suit playing metal and hard rock?

Thanks, Mats!
The BFP is a beautiful guitar. I wouldn't imagine that the guitar would be a metal players first choice tonally, but it will certainly cover hard rock.

The guitar has dual PAF Pros (and a rather tasty singlecoil) in a basswood body, it won't have the overly tight low end some metal players can't live without, but it has a singing quality that cuts through when there's plenty of gain. So hard rock definitely, metal maybe not.

One of the best sounding Jems.
My name is Tom, feel free to use it.
Quote by Prophet of Page
The BFP is a beautiful guitar. I wouldn't imagine that the guitar would be a metal players first choice tonally, but it will certainly cover hard rock.

The guitar has dual PAF Pros (and a rather tasty singlecoil) in a basswood body, it won't have the overly tight low end some metal players can't live without, but it has a singing quality that cuts through when there's plenty of gain. So hard rock definitely, metal maybe not.

One of the best sounding Jems.

with the right amp it will cover metal fantastically, maybe not the more extreme end of death and black metal, but it should cover the rest very well.
Quote by Eric 666
with the right amp it will cover metal fantastically, maybe not the more extreme end of death and black metal, but it should cover the rest very well.

Hence my use of the word maybe.

I'd say it should handle up to and including Racer X styled metal...
Ah, this sounds great!

One more question; what tremolo is on this, and how is the action?
And about the neck, does it have a finish and is it very thin?

Thanks!
Quote by Matsols
Ah, this sounds great!

One more question; what tremolo is on this, and how is the action?
And about the neck, does it have a finish and is it very thin?

Thanks!

It's a Lo-Pro, one of Ibanez's best tremolos, and the action should be fantastic. The neck is quite thin, and the particular BFP I played was unfinished, but I can't guarantee that a previous owner hadn't stripped laquer from it.
Oh, okay
So, what does these guitars go for around the world?
The seller wants 2200 $, but I'm in Norway, so everything's pretty expensive here!
If the guitar is in good condition, is this a reasonable price?
So, I've seen more pictures of it..
It has the famous "neck crack", but it has been glued and sealed by professionals, and it does also have a medium crack on the upper side. Besides that, it's beautiful!

What do you guys think, is this a guitar to buy?
Last edited by Matsols at Jun 1, 2008,