hey fellow comrades of the guitar,
I have some SX brand les paul studio style guitar that I need new pickups for?
Im kinda new at this...any suggestions on what set of pickups I should get?
We also need to know what kind of amp you are using. Even if it's a crap amp, it's still important.
Not taking any online orders.
I play blues, jazz, and some light rock and prog. My amp is a 15 watt ibanez Im not so sure about its specific details
I think a new amp is necessary before a pickup swap. What is it about your tone that you don't like? You'll probably find that what you don't like lays with your amp.

On a side note, why is it that pickup questions are pretty much split between GB&C and GG&A? Don't they seem a more gear related question?
^yes but new pups are technically customizing ur gear......w/e

new amp first, then worry about pups

amp=80-90% of tone
pups=9-19%
wood guitar is made of=about 1%
Gibson SG Faded
Epi VJ Stack

Quote by Øttər
Whenever I clean my guitars, my family wonders why it smells so good; I say that I exude a fresh citrus scent from hidden orifices.
They stopped asking
You didn't account for the hands... Everyone knows that amazing hands can remediate the most crap gear.
no kidding, im just taking into account the pure tone of the rig itself-if i can make a micro cube sound good, hands fit in there somewhere
Gibson SG Faded
Epi VJ Stack

Quote by Øttər
Whenever I clean my guitars, my family wonders why it smells so good; I say that I exude a fresh citrus scent from hidden orifices.
They stopped asking
if youre in america try gfs pickups...heard so many good things about them! or if youre in the UK try Axetec for IronGear pickups which are excellent. cant remember which one a friend wanted em to install i nhis guitar but it nearly matched the performance of my dimarzio EVO2 (had too much middle for my liking)
I think my amp is fine. I have a squier and it sounds great with the amp. the sx just seems like crap, in my opinion.
Quote by marcs1321
I think my amp is fine. I have a squier and it sounds great with the amp. the sx just seems like crap, in my opinion.

It's not fine - you don't like your sound and the pickups aren't the problem. Spend your money on a Roland Cube or something, pickups will just be a waste.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Pickups won't make a huge difference but they will help a little. If you do get new pickups then get something vintage output. PAF's with alnico 5 magnets are really good for people with solid state amps. Everybody makes PAF's but in your case I'd go with something that is a good price. Golden Age and GFS are priced to sell. With a better amp (even if it were a better solid state like a roland cube) then I might suggest spending a bit more money on a duncan 59 or even one of the hand wound companies but the subtle differences won't be noticed on your amp.
Not taking any online orders.