I'm looking into buying a valveking.i was looking at the valveking 112, Dont see the point in the 212, as ill be practising and playing with friends who also play guitar and bass.

Okay, if you guys dont think this amp is suited to me, i'd like suggestions.

Im looking for something to reach tones able to pull off sounds of
Megadeth
Metallica
Pantera
Atreyu
Trivium
Bullet for my valentine
Avenged sevenfold
Machine head
etc.

Basically metal/metalcore stuff.

I'll also be venturing into things like:
Guns n roses
AFI
Biffy Clyro
Black Sabbath
Blink 182
Foo fighters
Good charlotte
Greenday
HIM
Iron maiden
Nirvana
Muse
U2
Velvet revolver
Sum 41
System of a down
Smashing pumpkins
Sex pistols
The clash
Rise against
Red hot chilli peppers
Radiohead
Queens of the stone age
The offspring
Oasis
Linkin park
Deftones
Korn
Jimmy eat world

Appologies for the lengthy list, i thought it neccisary to obtain suggestions suitable for my musical tastes.

My Price range is up to about £400, although i could strech to £500 IF needed.

My MAIN Guitar is an ibanez RG2550.

Any money left over will be going to upgrade my cheap strat copy, and/or pedals etc.

Thanx in advance.

By the way... I live in the UK, if that helps narrow down brands/manufacturers.

Links to suggestions would be appreciated.

THANX AGAIN
I think saving up a few hundred more pounds would be worth your while, the Valveking's high gain tone is pretty awful, especially stock. Even if you did spend the money for a tube and speaker swap, another amp would still sound better for about the same. Are you willing to go used? Anyway, these would be good choices:

http://www.thomann.de/gb/randall_rg50_tc.htm
http://www.thomann.de/gb/bugera_6260_212.htm
Quote by hrdcorelaxplaya
I think saving up a few hundred more pounds would be worth your while, the Valveking's high gain tone is pretty awful, especially stock. Even if you did spend the money for a tube and speaker swap, another amp would still sound better for about the same. Are you willing to go used? Anyway, these would be good choices:

http://www.thomann.de/gb/randall_rg50_tc.htm
http://www.thomann.de/gb/bugera_6260_212.htm

From what i've heard, the 6260 sounds good, but is built like crap. Just something to watch out for. It's a 5150 knockoff basically, which would probably be a good amp for you, although in UK I think they're harder to find than in the US.
Ibanez Xiphos XPT700
Laney VH100R
Epi Les Paul (SH-1 '59 neck, SH-11 custom custom bridge)
People will probably suggest the following amps:

b-52 at-100
used peavey 5150
randall rg50tc
bugera (possible reliability issues)

I haven't tried them, but just offering more possibilities. You can probably get a very good amp for what you need if you go used. Good luck!
Okay, i looked at randall aswell.

The Randall RG75D G3 i think it was....

Cant really remember...
save up 700 and buy a Krank Rev. Jr. halfstack thats what im saving up for and they rock!! \m/
-BiOhAZarD722-
Originally Posted by Gizzard101
I personally prefer Dr.Dre but Lil Jon is gangsta home boy fresh aswell.
...lol wtf?
Quote by lzrdsixsix6
sounds like you have a severe case of the dumbass.....it's quite common in the pit really just sleep it off
It should also be taken into consideration that not all of the above tones are neccisary, but prefered. The First list i am more concerned with, although obtaining any from the second list would be nice, also...

Also, im looking for a Combo, as opposed to a Half stack.

But thankyou for your suggestions anyway.
Quote by Grevious555
It should also be taken into consideration that not all of the above tones are neccisary, but prefered. The First list i am more concerned with, although obtaining any from the second list would be nice, also...

Also, im looking for a Combo, as opposed to a Half stack.

But thankyou for your suggestions anyway.

The Krank Rev Jr., the "half stack" that was previously suggested, isn't what most people would call a half stack- it's only a 20W head and a 1x12 cabinet, basically the size of most of the combos that have been suggested, and smaller than a lot of them. They're great metal amps, but they're a bit overpriced over there in the UK. If you can get a good price on a used one though, they're worth a look.
Im not sure if im just being picky, but i'd prefer to get something thats NEW. because then i can know that if anything goes wrong, i can take it back and maybe get it repaired etc. not sure if this would be possible for a second hand one.

Appologies if i am being abit picky, but hey, i need an amp, and if im going to get one, its better that is does what i want it to do, right? to avoid me going out afew months/year or so down the line, and finding that it doesnt fit me, musically, no?
Quote by Grevious555
Anymore ideas, anyone..?

I'm still leaning towards the Peavey valveking 112 or 212.

Have you tried it out? I'm willing to bet that you'll be underwhelmed if you haven't already.
Quote by JohnFrusciante6
from metallica to blink 182 to the red hot chili peppers i think the valveking will be good. it's versatile. the 112 is loud enough to jam with others.

I agree. I've played one many times in a local shop with a few different guitars and it sounded great every time. Considering the music the TS has in mind, it should be just right for him.
Quote by DarkPsychedelia
People will probably suggest the following amps:

b-52 at-100
used peavey 5150
randall rg50tc
bugera (possible reliability issues)

I haven't tried them, but just offering more possibilities. You can probably get a very good amp for what you need if you go used. Good luck!

Probably your best choices right here.