I just played my first solo gig last night and it was actually pretty decent, meaning I actually managed to get through it without being booed off the stage (it was just two songs at an open mic night, but still). I was just wondering how everyone else's first gigs went.

Search bar was in fact used. =D
I played For whom the Bell tolls with some friends after playing bass for 3 months. at some school of music talent show. It Sucked. lol
Played an original and 2 covers at a benefit concert at my school... before I really learned to sing. Decent, but not great by any means.
i didn't tune my guitar before i went on, hadn't up my amp before i went on, and worst of all forgot to wear deodorant. not only did my tone suck but the other players at the jam almost fainted
Stage Rig

Fender Strat
Epi Les Paul
Taylor 110
Boss TU-2
Omega Amps Hot Rod Deluxe (Dumble mod)
Clean/Drive/More Drive footswitch
Mid boost/Preamp boost footswitch

myspace.com/rosscooperband
I'm about to have my biggest "gig" on Monday. Maybe about 20 people. Just me, no other band members. In my Science room for a mini talent show.

Quote by SloppyJoseph
It doesn't fit my playing style at all so I figured it would be good for me
Yeah, played a school gig when I was like 12, at the time we thought we were amazing.

Looking back, that was not the case
um played a original at a school talent show, the mic didnt work so no one heard the vocals but i was happy with my proformance. the youtube vid is on my profile
My Gear

Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Epiphone Elitist Paul Mccartney Texan
Orange Tiny Terror
Vox Valvetronix AD 30
Vox V847 Wah
Metal Muff EQ (broken )
Boss RC-2 Loop pedal

Me playing
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l0unpDZFIWA
my "first gig" happened last night playing acoustic at an elementary school carnival to raise money for the PTA (my mom's a teacher at the school). It was pretty awesome, and I made $17.50 in about an hour and a half, but I didn't get to keep any of it
My first "gig" was at my schools talent show 4 years ago, it was just me playing a guitar medley of Metallica, AC/DC, and Black Sabbath songs. I was nervous as hell.
Quote by RocknRollRay
If you make a clone of yourself, then have sex with yourself,

Is it incest or masturbation?
Quote by wtf290
It's not incest, but it's not masturbation.
It'd be closer to incest than masturbation, but I don't think there's a word for it.
Quote by ScottElwood
Incesturbation?
my first was to about 400 people. we had no stage presence, played 2 covers, dressed terribly, and other than that, the rest was great.
hug your local pug dealer!
my first gig was at this place, the recher theatre. our lead guitarist's amp died in the middle of the first song. my bass was completly out of tune (i was like 10), and the funny thing is, we didn't notice anything wrong until a year later when we watched a video of it.
don't drink and drive, smoke and fly. actually, do both, if that's what you want. i won't care.
Played a Weezer cover at a talent show in front of around 500. We just used the amps that were set up already instead of our own. Mine was a ridiculous high gain amp, and my friend had a super quiet clean amp. Nobody could hear him playing rhythm, and my leads were obnoxiously loud.
Ibanez Xiphos XPT700
Laney VH100R
Epi Les Paul (SH-1 '59 neck, SH-11 custom custom bridge)
Quote by Ackj
and my leads were obnoxiously loud.

best way to have them

My first one was fairly dull. just played some covers at a charity gig. The second one was more interesting. I was using somone elses lead and the solder joints were buggered. if i moved, the sound cut out. i had to stand still for the whole thing.
Quote by Seth Shadows
dum, da num, dun dahnahanhanhanahnahhhhh *E5 / D#5* dunnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn chuggg chuggggg DUN, DAH NAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.

Quote by nine01n
why did the woman cross the road?
who cares, why the hell is she out of the kitchen?
I must have been 12, played Nirvana-About A Girl, Blink 182-All the Small Things and Green Day - When I come Around with some friends at a ocal talent show, somehow we won too
Earlier this year in AP English I played an acoustic version of Bohemian Rhapsody. I changed the lyrics to tell the story of Virginia Woolf, but still made it funny (there were about 25 others in the class.)

It was alright...just me and my guitar. Nobody else to depend on.
Quote by by metallicafan616

is pent scale just

-5-7-
-5-7-
-5-8-
-5-7-
-5-7-
-5-8-

phail
Quote by 4e574e57363g

and how the fuck do i treat ant bites on my dickhead?!?
1st gig I played was supporting Beyond All Reason. I was only a filler guitarist as the other one was away on holiday. After the gig they kicked the other guitarist out and I joined
First 'gig' I played in was a school one. Only played one song with another guitarist. (Always with me always with you)

Edit: NO NO NO.. Just remembered when I was 9 I was in the school band. I was lead singer and lead guitarist. And we played 'Thats What I Go To Shool For' - Busted in front of 400 people
May the Force be with You.
Carmel is hawt
Actually..there's a gigantic thread about people's first gigs. Don't remember where though.
My Gear:
Yamaha FGX720SCA
Bandleading i think, gather round kiddies its story time?

My first was at a Battle of Bands, we were so bad
Gear List

Guitars
PRS SE Tremonti
Ltd Mh-100qmnt
Peavey Rotor ex
Crafter Acoustic

Amps
Bugera 333
Bugera 412h

Effects
Marshall Shredmaster