Page 1 of 2
Normal as in doesn't smoke, drink, or do drugs.

I've smoked weed once, had 10 siggys max and 10 cans of beer max. Anyone else like me who's dropped out of school?

I feel I don't fit in with the "y generation", so I disconnected myself from most of them. But there must be others like meeeee.
Quote by Sabu
Quentin Tarantino dropped out of school and he is a success.

I wouldn't really consider Tarantino "normal" though. He also has a creepy foot fetish.
Hmm. Thing is I think of my friends then think "I'm never gonna be like that". Then I think of trying to be a successful musician and I think "I need friends supporting me".

Maybe I'm gonna have to settle for some job I don't wanna do and have no friends the rest of my life.
Quote by happytimeharry
I wouldn't really consider Tarantino "normal" though. He also has a creepy foot fetish.

What's wrong with that?

And TS...I'm still in school. I'm sure there are others though.
Quote by shattamakar
The only advantage of home-schooling is that it gives you good reason to commit suicide.

Hit this once or twice, and you'll be twice as nice.
No, because I decided that no matter how much you hate school, without the qualifications it brings, you'll end up in a job that is as bad if not worse for the rest of your life. (I don't know what you plan to do with your life, I meant that more specifically to me.) Anyway, I drink more regularly than you, and underage, do I still qualify for normal?
I play by my own rules. And I have one rule; There are no rules... but if there are, they're there to be broken. Even this one.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman
Sigs are wastes of my precious screen space.

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
Quote by ThePeacefrog
You realize you stole your avatar from like, the most annoying girl Uger right?

I didn't steal it, he asked me to put it on. And if people are so quick to judge me by the avatar I have I doubt they would've helped me anyway.
I haven't dropped out; most people I know who dropped out are meth heads, or pregnant teenagers or drug dealers... you know how it is.

But yeah, it's not a bad thing; I mean you'll miss out on opportunities possibly, but there are plenty of things you can do to make a living.
i dropped out of school
i don't drink, smoke or do drugs. but i never go out , am very anti-social, hate my job , etc..
and i can assure you that i am not normal !!!
Quote by Demonology
Hmm. Thing is I think of my friends then think "I'm never gonna be like that". Then I think of trying to be a successful musician and I think "I need friends supporting me".

Maybe I'm gonna have to settle for some job I don't wanna do and have no friends the rest of my life.

You know, if you stay in school, you will have a much higher chance of getting a job you want, due to having qualifications. School is probably the most important time of your life, and you are missing out.
TRANSFORMICE

Quote by break-me-in
No, because I decided that no matter how much you hate school, without the qualifications it brings, you'll end up in a job that is as bad if not worse for the rest of your life. (I don't know what you plan to do with your life, I meant that more specifically to me.) Anyway, I drink more regularly than you, and underage, do I still qualify for normal?

Yeah you do. IMO.

I never really planned on having a job like working in an office, something more hands on. Also planning on going to tafe next year. I guess my real problem is I don't have any friends like me, it kind of hinders me when thinking of what I can do. Like I'm gonna have to go somewhere where I have no friends. Oh well phuck it.
What makes you think not smoking or drinking makes you normal?
There's nothing 'strange' about those things.
Quote by Tom Martin

I was gonna say straight edge but didn't want to for some reason :P

Quote by toine
i dropped out of school
i don't drink, smoke or do drugs. but i never go out , am very anti-social, hate my job , etc..
and i can assure you that i am not normal !!!

You sound like what I think I'm gonna become [become because I don't have a job yet], would you suggest going back to school?
Quote by Demonology

Now is not the time to be thinking about the consequences of dropping out.
Quote by Demonology
Yeah you do. IMO.

I never really planned on having a job like working in an office, something more hands on. Also planning on going to tafe next year. I guess my real problem is I don't have any friends like me, it kind of hinders me when thinking of what I can do. Like I'm gonna have to go somewhere where I have no friends. Oh well phuck it.

That's not a problem, everyone has to go to new places on their own at some point. I'm probably gonna end up at a Uni where I don't know anyone.
I play by my own rules. And I have one rule; There are no rules... but if there are, they're there to be broken. Even this one.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
if you have a chance to get back in school, do it!
it's a first impression kinda thing

like when you see a good looking girl and you see a fat one
you are more attracted to the hot girl, while in reality the fat one may have a superb personality

same thing with credentials, unless you know some rich people willing to give you a shot at a good job?
NEW! Never before seen on UG!
<< This sig space is for hire! >>
Call now and get a 10% discount!
First callers also get a plastic fork*!

*While supplies last.
Quote by Tom Martin

Yeah, but a lot of people who drop out of school are heavily involved in substance abuse and addiction, or have some other kind of turmoil that causes them to leave. I think he meant people who just left because they felt like it.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
Quote by Demonology
I was gonna say straight edge but didn't want to for some reason :P

You sound like what I think I'm gonna become [become because I don't have a job yet], would you suggest going back to school?

even though my life pretty much sucks now, i still hate going to school. but if you consider going to school till the end you should have no problem finding a good job that pays decent. i work in a supermarket <_<. don't do that , it's humiliating!
if i could go back in time i would have chosen an easy direction to follow at school and then do an extra year, that way i would have graduated the same as those from an more advanced direction. the only good thing that i'm happy for dropping out is money , a place of my own now and more time on my hands to play guitar ^^ . (no homework etc)
Quote by toine
even though my life pretty much sucks now, i still hate going to school. but if you consider going to school till the end you should have no problem finding a good job that pays decent. i work in a supermarket <_<. don't do that , it's humiliating!
if i could go back in time i would have chosen an easy direction to follow at school and then do an extra year, that way i would have graduated the same as those from an more advanced direction. the only good thing that i'm happy for dropping out is money , a place of my own now and more time on my hands to play guitar ^^ . (no homework etc)

Alright thanks for the advice... My mind is starting to think about all the positive reasons to go back to school now D
write down the cost and benefits of going to school and then the cost and benefits of dropping out of school. only then can you mak the decision
dude, what about an actual solo in death metal instead of that poof from linkin park. Think of Pulse of the Maggots - Bed Of Razors

#1 MEMEBER OF THE OFFICIAL THRASH METAL FAN CLUB (PM URE FAV BANDS TO ME TO JOIN)
Quote by Demonology
Normal as in doesn't smoke, drink, or do drugs.

I've smoked weed once, had 10 siggys max and 10 cans of beer max. Anyone else like me who's dropped out of school?

I feel I don't fit in with the "y generation", so I disconnected myself from most of them. But there must be others like meeeee.

Most people drink socially, so "normal" includes social drinking and non-recreational pharmaceutical drug taking.

I didn't drop out.
Quote by Deliriumbassist

My two pennies- theory. Learn it.
Skills. Get them.
Hair. Grow it to your ass.

Quote by Dempsey68
i can only keep it up for about 30 seconds before my fingers cramp up =[

Quote by Horsedick.MPEG
Sorry, but because you listen to Tool doesn't mean you're intelligent.
Quote by Demonology
Alright thanks for the advice... My mind is starting to think about all the positive reasons to go back to school now D

Holy **** , your exactly the same age as me. Same Birth date and everything haha. /irrelevant post.
Member of Australia FTW Club !

BASS RIG BUDGET $245 / $4900

Quote by UG
thank you zackR .
Drop out If ya wanna just get a ****ty job and get on with life. If ya wanna waste some time and then get a better job, stay in school.
Quote by FrenchyFungus
I am not a woman as I currently claim

Quote by Rabid
I am actually a woman, unlike Frenchy
I'm far from what YOU apparently class as normal but I'm still in education getting my degree so that I won't have to flip burgers for a living
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
Wiggy = legend.

Devil's Advocate
Quote by zackR
Holy **** , your exactly the same age as me. Same Birth date and everything haha. /irrelevant post.

:O same country too lol.
All this talking of normality reminds me of that porcupine tree song:

"What's normal now, anyhow?"
Wait...I'm hearing something coming from the future...."welcome to Macdonald's may I take your order?"
Quote by Sir-Shoelace
manliest string guage? barbed wire.

Founder Of the UG Slide Player's Guild, PM me If You're Really Feelin' Dem Blues

THE PIT
"better than your average psychiatrist"
I left school a year before the end, i'm hardcore...

*hopes no one knows how scottish schools work*

>.>
On vacation from modding = don't pm me with your pish
I hated high school so much I worked my ass off to graduate a year early. I never would have dropped out.
DOWN&OUT
Quote by happytimeharry

You have a creepy Ellen Page fetish. :P
Quote by break-me-in
Yeah, but a lot of people who drop out of school are heavily involved in substance abuse and addiction, or have some other kind of turmoil that causes them to leave. I think he meant people who just left because they felt like it.

I passed all my exams and I'm going to Uni to do software programming and I smoke weed a few times a month. Not once have I considered leaving school, I understand how important school is and I don't let weed become an important factor in my life. Moderation and self-control works wonders. Just because you drop out and don't do drugs or drink doesn't make it a good thing.
Gear

Fender Stratocaster in Red.

It's all I need.

The Anti-Anti-Ibanez Militia!
I didnt exactly dropped out of school, In the UK at 16 you are allowed to leave but you wont have any highers/GCSE which is the only way you will get to Uni straight away, I left, worked for a year and went to college instead, Everyone acts like if your not in university then your just wasting time but Ive never learnt so much as I ave done at my college, and If I pass college I only have to go to uni for one year if I want a degree, so it worked out ok
" Did You know, in Tibet, if they want something, do you know what they do? They give something away."

"Do they ? That must be why they're such a dominant global power."
The more people drop out the better.
Less competition for me.
"Why should we subsidise intellectual curiosity?"
-Ronald Reagan

"Knowledge is in every country the surest basis of public happiness."
-George Washington
Quote by meh!
I left school a year before the end, i'm hardcore...

*hopes no one knows how scottish schools work*

>.>

True but you could have stayed and done more highers. Or advanced highers.
Gear

Fender Stratocaster in Red.

It's all I need.

The Anti-Anti-Ibanez Militia!
Quote by SamTotman
I passed all my exams and I'm going to Uni to do software programming and I smoke weed a few times a month. Not once have I considered leaving school, I understand how important school is and I don't let weed become an important factor in my life. Moderation and self-control works wonders. Just because you drop out and don't do drugs or drink doesn't make it a good thing.

I know it's fine in moderation. I was pointing that he probably meant people who had been forced to leave school because of it, and that's why he brought it up.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
Quote by Ur all $h1t
The more people drop out the better.
Less competition for me.

Not really, if you think about it. The ones that drop out of school, typically don't do well as far as grades are concerned, so even if they stayed in school, they wouldn't be much competition anyway.
Quote by shattamakar
The only advantage of home-schooling is that it gives you good reason to commit suicide.

Hit this once or twice, and you'll be twice as nice.
Quote by walkinbazooka
Not really, if you think about it. The ones that drop out of school, typically don't do well as far as grades are concerned, so even if they stayed in school, they wouldn't be much competition anyway.

In fact they might make you look better, because you'd be further above the average.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
Page 1 of 2