I have a 1972 Plush Royal 1060-S bass amp head that I plan on using for guitar. The amp head has a tube burned out in it so I am going to go buy another complete set of 4. The question I have is what kind of tubes would I put in it. The ones in the head now are 6L6 GC on all four. Would I just look up that same type of tube or am I going to have to do some adjusting?
Match the type but you will probally need to rebias.
Tom Anderson Hollow Classic
72 thin line tele

Barber trifecta fuzz
Mi audio Crunch Box
Clyde Wah
Barber Burn Unit
Ocean efx Texas deuce
Boomerang chorus delay
Barber ltd

1971 Pro reverb
Fender acoustasonic
Fender super champ xd
Could be wrong but it mightnot work if you use a guitar with a bass amp. That said, I have used my basses with my PJ, but i have heard stories of amps burning out. itmight just be safer to get a guitar amp.
Quote by mcrfobtai
Could be wrong but it mightnot work if you use a guitar with a bass amp. That said, I have used my basses with my PJ, but i have heard stories of amps burning out. itmight just be safer to get a guitar amp.

guitar's are safe in bass amps, look at the fender bassman, designed for bass, used for guitar still today...

A bass into a guitar amp is dangerous though. But guitar into a bass amp is fine.
05' G&L S-500
95' Godin LGX

96' Yamaha APX 6-A

Peavey Classic 30
Maxon OD808
I just need to know how to go about figuring new tubes for it and getting them in and working
If you don't know anything about tube amps take it to a tech the first time. Ask some questions he might even let you watch when he does the biasing.
Tom Anderson Hollow Classic
72 thin line tele

Barber trifecta fuzz
Mi audio Crunch Box
Clyde Wah
Barber Burn Unit
Ocean efx Texas deuce
Boomerang chorus delay
Barber ltd

1971 Pro reverb
Fender acoustasonic
Fender super champ xd
Quote by danyellenik
guitar's are safe in bass amps, look at the fender bassman, designed for bass, used for guitar still today...

A bass into a guitar amp is dangerous though. But guitar into a bass amp is fine.

Oh, ok. Hmm, forgot about the Bassmen. whoops
Guess it's a good thing my pro junior isn't totally ****ed right now.