Page 1 of 4
i've been coming across a lot of movies lately that i've heard of but never saw and actually really enjoying them. and i want other people to enjoy too. so basically state a movie that you really enjoyed and why. if you see that someone has already mentioned it, please don't suggest it again. btw, search bar came up with nothing.

i'll start off:

garden state. the movie is pure brilliance and really knows how to pull on your heart.

GO!

EDIT:
you can comment on the movies suggested before. i just don't want 50 people recommending fight club. i mean it's a great movie, but we get it the first time someone says it.
Quote by Jackintehbox
Pedophilia all the way man. Go for it.

Quote by deathbat831
hahaha i thought you wrote Philidelphia all the way, i was like yeah philidelphias cool i spose

Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
I'm always too embarrassed to buy condoms. Saran wrap is cheaper, anyway.
Last edited by clay pots at May 31, 2008,
Dead Man's Shoes. The best British movie of the last 10 years.
[quote="'[x"]Huffy[x]']^ This man knows everything.

Seriously, don't even try and question him, he'll rip your face off with his awesomeness alone.
Quote by Kumanji
@ yet another win post from Vince. Kudos to you, sir.
garden state.
is that the one with ashton kutcher and demi moore

it was alright, had a good story line but not my favorite

how about this movie i watched last night

shoot'em up
insane action, interesting characters and storyline. good movie
My Gear

Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Epiphone Elitist Paul Mccartney Texan
Orange Tiny Terror
Vox Valvetronix AD 30
Vox V847 Wah
Metal Muff EQ (broken )
Boss RC-2 Loop pedal

Me playing
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l0unpDZFIWA
I just saw Lions for Lambs the other night. I thought it was ok, clearly came out with a Democratic agenda about halfway through but I expected that. It did have some good unbiased points, though.

Anyone else have thoughts on the movie?
We're only strays.
Quote by Ardie12
garden state.

shoot'em up

umm, no. the one with zach braff and the gorgeous natalie portman.

have ashton and demi even been in a movie together?
Quote by Jackintehbox
Pedophilia all the way man. Go for it.

Quote by deathbat831
hahaha i thought you wrote Philidelphia all the way, i was like yeah philidelphias cool i spose

Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
I'm always too embarrassed to buy condoms. Saran wrap is cheaper, anyway.
Quote by Ardie12
garden state.

Negative. Garden State was with Zach Braff and Natalie Portman. Pretty good movie as well.

edit:

It seems I need to toss my hat into the ring here.

Two of my all time favorite movies are Hard Candy and The Tracey Fragments. Yes, they both feature the awesome Ms. Page, but from a completely unbiased point of view, both are great movies in their own way.

Hard Candy is just one of those movies that gets your attention and doesn't let go. The acting from both main actors is very good. Most people who I have shown it to love it, but are left slightly scarred by a certain scene.

The Tracey Fragments is either a love or hate movie, and is really hard to get into. The whole movie is shown in kind of a split-screen format, with each scene being broken up into fragments. Each fragment shows many things, from the scene simply being shown from a different viewpoint to what is going on in her mind at the moment. It can be a bit of a mindfuck, but is a wonderful film. The great thing about it is really the whole movie is up to interpretation, and I love movies like that.
Last edited by happytimeharry at May 31, 2008,
wow im surprised this hasn't been done before!! nice idea TS. erm teh matrix, i just love it in general lol, cos its different and has some kickass stuff in it
STEAM: beachhhhhhhh

Quote by cornmancer
Please daddy, just for one hour.
I just watched "V for Vendetta" on Sky movies.

Frankly, i thought it was brilliant.
Quote by Ardie12
garden state.

shoot'em up

Garden State had Zach Braff and Natalie Portman
Scarface.. I mean c'mon, you really need me to explain why?

and uhmm Goodfella's... just cause they're the real OG's
What the hell were you thinking?

i duno lol. tihs r liek wen i traid drawn maiself n teh t0ilit.

ROFL.

EPICPHAIL.

gess i cant dai.
sorry for the double post, but I wanted to say it before anyone else

Pulp Fiction

I think im the winner now
What the hell were you thinking?

i duno lol. tihs r liek wen i traid drawn maiself n teh t0ilit.

ROFL.

EPICPHAIL.

gess i cant dai.
Quote by CobbZ
I just watched "V for Vendetta" on Sky movies.

Frankly, i thought it was brilliant.

Book's better.

Juno!
Quote by redhawk1029

Pulp Fiction

Movie is overrated.
We're only strays.
Heavy metal-- a few hours of cartoon awesomeness

Crossroads-- cool movie with an amazing ending
" i saw these 2 girls kiss and i i got all horny and stuff"
Quote by UNIe
Shawshank Redemption. My favourite movie of all time, really uplifting.

+1 Loved it.

I also liked The Last Samurai, thats just me.

Also the Godzilla movies, not the newest one's.
Quote by redhawk1029

Pulp Fiction

God damn you red hawk i was gonna say that, i do think pulp fiction is one of the greatest movies ever, all aspects are done brilliantly.

Also, Anchorman is the funniest film ever made, watch it with a few beers and some close friends and you will not be able to stop quoting lines, its pure genius

If you like joy division or like band docs, watch Control, its beautifully made and very touching at the end.

Happy feet for the young uns, cos it has dancing penguins, need i say more.
Quote by boreamor
Ah very good point. Charlie__flynn, you've out smarted me

People
should
smile
more

crit4crit on 'acoustic 1 (with piano)' here

Rate my playing skills please.
Quote by Punkable_Tabs
+1 Loved it.

I also liked The Last Samurai, thats just me.

yeah the last samurai is sweet.
some other good movies: eternal sunshine of a spotless mind, memento, a scanner darkly
A BEER STEIN FULL OF GUMMY BEARS
Garden State is an okay movie. But if you hear nothing but great things about it, your hopes are going to be let down.

I highly suggest Big Fish.
Quote by clay pots
umm, no. the one with zach braff and the gorgeous natalie portman.

have ashton and demi even been in a movie together?

ohh.. my bad must of been thinking about something else
My Gear

Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Epiphone Elitist Paul Mccartney Texan
Orange Tiny Terror
Vox Valvetronix AD 30
Vox V847 Wah
Metal Muff EQ (broken )
Boss RC-2 Loop pedal

Me playing
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l0unpDZFIWA
Favorite movie? Magnolia. Directed by the wonderful Paul Thomas Anderson (who also has directed There Will Be Blood and Boogie Nights), it has a phenomenal ensemble
cast (Phillip Seymour Hoffman, Julianne Moore, Tom Cruise [best role of his career], William H. Macy, John C. Reilly [after seeing him in this, it makes me sad he is doing crap like Talladega Nights] and Jason Robards. It's a film about coincidence and chance, with a majority of the characters having intertwining plots that they are blind too. It's impossible to try and explain the plot, with all that is going on.
My all gold grills give her cold chills
Said she gotta coke feel cuz I'm sooo trill.
Anything with Christian Bale in it. Not for him alone, every movie he's in seems to be top notch.

Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas.

Sin City
Quote by farfaraway
Anything with Christian Bale in it. Not for him alone, every movie he's in seems to be top notch.

Namely, American Psycho and Equilibrium.
Quote by farfaraway

Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas.

Sin City

3:10 to Yuma was excellent.
We're only strays.
Garden State is a beautiful film. Magnolia is similarly wonderful. V for Vendetta is great, really weird but proud to be so. Pulp Fiction is very good, but I think other works by Quetin Tarantino are better like Resovoir Dogs.
I'm glad someone started this thread, I was going to do it otherwise.

These are my favourite films - The Shawshank Redemption; For its brilliant character depth and feeling of escape. The Lord of the Rings for its epic reconstruction of the greatest story ever written. Donnie Darko, for its weirdly realistic characters and imaginery storyline. Garden State, for its powerful images and attractive people. Fight Club, for its brutally honest fight scenes and feeling of escapism and destruction. It also has the best qoute ever "You met me at a very strange time in my life." Magnolia, for its breathtaking performances and intense script. American Beauty, for the performances and odd characters. Its real and original depiction of surburban life. The Matrix, for its involving world and action scenes. Dr Strangelove, for it being the funniest film ever made. Apocalypse Now, for its endless qouteable lines and its camera shots of Vietnam. Star Wars, for its characters, action scenes and involvement. Scarface, with its awestruck performances and recreation of Miami's drug and smuggling scene. Alien, for its eerie use of soundless echoes and shocking scenes. The Shining, for it being the most scary film ever made. The worst thing is when your family turns against you. Nothing scares me more. The Terminator, with its awesome fight scenes and unmistable characters. Unbreakable, with its ability to make you feel succombed and controlled by the characters and set pieces. The feeling of power in a small man of no real relevance and importance intrigues me. The same with Spider Man, the first one. The way it shows the character involve into something strong and controlled. The Thin Red Line, the first film about world war II I have ever seen. One Night at McCools, the film that reacreates every mans dreams and nightmares. Reign Over Me, powerful and emotional. Fargo for its hilarious characters and wonderful story and the Truman Show, with its odd ability to trap you in an insane world of a world inside a world. It plays with your head and I love it for it.

There are more but thats what I can think of right now.
scarface...
but THE "AWESOMEST" movie iv seen till date has to be Amadeus.
Set up:-
Kustom Sound 40W Guitar Amp
Marshall MG15 CD
Zoom 707 II (surprisingly good..)
VOX Tonelab ST
Jackson DK2M (Seymour duncan TB4 and the SD jazz)
I think what would also help a lot is if everyone gave the genre of the movie like action, adventure etc....

On topic - Kumar and Harold 2 (comedy) - 'Twas a good movie I thought. I liked how it was a continuation of the first one. It had a good story and they also brought Neil Patrick Harris back! Overall, I thought it was worth watching.
Quote by futurejimmypage
HOLEY MOLEY MACCARONI!!!! you are like 7 hours into the future. Whats it like? is the war over? is bush dead? Are the new episodes of family guy out yet? is global warming over? Did they unfreeze walt Disney???

Garden State & its soundtrack = amazing

I love Clockwork Orange, anything Judd Apatow/those guys related, american psycho and Batman.

And anything Tim Burton has ever touched
To add to my aforementioned recommendation, Pulp Fiction is absolutely amazing. Every actor in that movie is great. Great action, and is also darkly hilarious at times (especially the scenes with Harvey Keitel). The Squid & the Whale is great. A Fish Called Wanda is a must for anyone who loves classic comedy and Monty Python. One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest has some of the best acting I've ever seen (great book, too). Soylent Green is a great dystopian movie. The Big Lebowski has some of the funniest scenes I've ever watched.
My all gold grills give her cold chills
Said she gotta coke feel cuz I'm sooo trill.
Last edited by RHCP94 at May 31, 2008,
2001: A Space Odyssey

It's so different to everything else I've seen, it doesn't rely on dialogue to tell the story and its use of imagery and music is just astounding. Best film ever made in my opinion.

Citizen Kane

Do I really need to say why? its reputation alone should be enough. Anyway, probably the best acting and cinematography you'll ever see.
Page 1 of 4