Am I at a disadvantage by getting a Banshee Talkbox rather than a Heil?

Yes, I know the standard "play both and decide for yourself" response. Playing with a talkbox requires you to stick something in your mouth, so my local music stores don't get you try them.

So Banshee vs. Heil...What do y'all think?
Even if they let you try them out, would you really want to?

I can't really see a disadvantage here as I preferred the Banshee over the Heil, I've tried them both but ended up trading them as the talkbox just isn't for me. The tones were about the same and some will say the Banshee is a more 'beginner' talkbox - it really didn't feel any different. This is all of course to be taken with a grain of salt since it's been months since I've touched a talkbox and was never particularly gifted.
Thanks.

I've read a bit about them and the Banshee seems much easier to use. I think I'll end up getting that one.

And I wouldn't try it out if I knew the tube was in someone's mouth, unless they sterilized or replaced said tube.

Another question: By how much is the sound delayed? The sound travels through the tube at a considerably slower speed than the speed of light. Will I be out of time, or is it impossible to notice the delay?
Quote by bangoodcharlote
Thanks.

I've read a bit about them and the Banshee seems much easier to use. I think I'll end up getting that one.

And I wouldn't try it out if I knew the tube was in someone's mouth, unless they sterilized or replaced said tube.

Another question: By how much is the sound delayed? The sound travels through the tube at a considerably slower speed than the speed of light. Will I be out of time, or is it impossible to notice the delay?

it travels at the speed of sound, which is pretty fast. youll be ok unless you use a 400 foot tube
Quote by BryanChampine
It was like a orgasm in my ear.
Chea_man is the best.
Quote by chea_man
it travels at the speed of sound, which is pretty fast. youll be ok unless you use a 400 foot tube
I calculated it as .02 seconds for a 10-foot tube. While very fast, you might notice that. Maybe you don't, but if you have no experience with a talkbox and just know that sound travels really fast (which it does, but it's not virtually instantaneous like electricity), your opinion doesn't actually mean anything.

So, anyone who has used a talkbox?
Quote by bangoodcharlote
I calculated it as .02 seconds for a 10-foot tube. While very fast, you might notice that. Maybe you don't, but if you have no experience with a talkbox and just know that sound travels really fast (which it does, but it's not virtually instantaneous like electricity), your opinion doesn't actually mean anything.

So, anyone who has used a talkbox?

.02 seconds is pretty quick.
thats about the same as the delay on a piano. the time from when you hit the key till the hammer hits the string.
when someone gives you a polite response to a question you posed, you should treat them with respect in return.
Quote by BryanChampine
Chea_man is the best.
Quote by chea_man
thats about the same as the delay on a piano. the time from when you hit the key till the hammer hits the string.
I'll take your word for it.

If you're right, the delay doesn't matter.
think of one second. how long is one second? "one mississippi". about as long as it took you to read that. now, imagine 2/100 of that second. thats pretty quick.
Quote by BryanChampine
Chea_man is the best.