Hey guys!

So as summer is approaching I was thinking to tackle music theory this summer. Already did a search here and saw that particularly these two are being recommended:

-Music Theory for Guitarists: Everything You Ever Wanted to Know But Were Afraid to Ask
-The Complete Idiot's Guide to Music Theory

I was wondering whoch one is would be better in you guys opinion? The music theory for guitatarist seems to be easier as it seems to be based on guitar while idiot's guide is based on piano(or so I heard?). But the Idiot's guide seems to be more popular?

Also how are the berklee books? I'm planning on getting these one day, but I'm afraid it would start of too complex for me.

Thanks in advance!
ive known some people that have gotten a professional music theory teacher but personally ive just been learning through websites and ug
Quote by Metallicafanboi
you should try it at UG.

haha yeah I know! I love the crusade columns here!

But I dont always have acces to internet at my dorms(they charge me 50 bucks for internet, no way i'll pay that)

and most importantly I'm more a "book" person haha
If at all possible, I'd recommend both books - I preferred the Complete Idiot's Guide, but you can take the other and reference it as a companion to guitar playing specifically.