Does anybody have any video's or clips of a Children of Bodom solo played on a guitar with only 22 frets? I'm in love with the Jackson RR1, but it has 22 frets (I want to buy a guitar made in America, and want two humbuckers).
Brad

Black Schecter Omen 6
Mitchell MD-100S Acoustic
Peavey Valveking 112 with JJ's and V30
Roland Micro Cube
Visual Sounds Jekyll & Hyde
Danelectro Fish and Chips EQ
*Soon to Come*
Jackson USA SL2H
Peavey 6505+
how many of their solos utilise the 23rd and 24th fret on the top E?

They're the only ones that are unique to a 24 fret guitar. You can check the tabs yourself to find out whether it'd suffice or not.
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
No I know that, they are just one of my favorite bands, and most of Alexi's solos DO use the 23rd and 24th fret, I just want to hear what it sounds like when someone bends or uses another note.
Brad

Black Schecter Omen 6
Roland Micro Cube
*Soon to Come*
Jackson USA SL2H
Peavey 6505+
dude, thats a problem with me too. but your omen 6 has 24 frets doesnt it?
GRUPO EN ESPAÑOL

SI BUSCAS BANDA EN LATINOAMERICA O ESPAÑA, ENTRA AQUI
I have seen someone that plays one of their solos on 22 frets but he doesn't detune so his rhythm wont be as low. Also there are guitars that are made in America, have 24 frets and two humbuckers, just look harder.

Edit: http://youtube.com/watch?v=rfDZrRDmZYE
Last edited by GeorgeWFletcher at May 31, 2008,
Quote by GeorgeWFletcher

That's a really bad example; you can't even hear his guitar.

TS - What you're going to have to do is either substitute a different fret to take the place of the 24th fret or harmonize what Alexi is playing with something you can play without the 23rd and 24th fret. It's not that big of a deal if you don't care that you're not playing the exact CoB solos note-for-note. But if it's that important to you just get an RR24 then. That's kind of why it was made.

Here's an example of a guitarist who harmonizes due to not having 24 frets. The ending solo (arpeggios) is what I refer to: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmFGaibzrdw
Quote by fixationdarknes
That's a really bad example; you can't even hear his guitar.

TS - What you're going to have to do is either substitute a different fret to take the place of the 24th fret or harmonize what Alexi is playing with something you can play without the 23rd and 24th fret. It's not that big of a deal if you don't care that you're not playing the exact CoB solos note-for-note. But if it's that important to you just get an RR24 then. That's kind of why it was made.

Here's an example of a guitarist who harmonizes due to not having 24 frets. The ending solo (arpeggios) is what I refer to: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmFGaibzrdw

Or he could just bend the note before picking it. IE tab says 24th fret. He bends the 22nd up a whole step to make it sound like the 24th.
Quote by guitarnoobie
Or he could just bend the note before picking it. IE tab says 24th fret. He bends the 22nd up a whole step to make it sound like the 24th.

That's not really feasible because at least half the time Alexi uses the 24th fret in a solo, it's to tap or it's simply just passed by too quickly to have time to bend from the 22nd fret.
there's one dude on youtube who's covered literally almost every song by COB on a 22 fret guitar.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VK7NR0TbNPY

here's one video.

Quote by fixationdarknes
That's not really feasible because at least half the time Alexi uses the 24th fret in a solo, it's to tap or it's simply just passed by too quickly to have time to bend from the 22nd fret.

ever hear of the 24th fret harmonic?

I assure you, covering most COB songs on a 22 fret guitar only poses minor challenges.
ALWAYS

WANNA BE WITH YOU,
MAKE BELIEV
E WITH YOU,
AND L
IVE IN HARMONY, HARMONY,

OH, LOOVE!
Last edited by SG Man Forever at May 31, 2008,
There are probably quite a few Bodom songs which features solo's not using the highest frets. You just need to look at tabs.

You should add to solo's though, not just learn em note by note, im sure you could easily miss a couple of notes.
Flap it and enjoy yourself...

Xbox Live GT = The Donkey Fly
'...and those who fought on that day of honor, the day of victory shall be forever remembered as Lime Green' - Oct 31st 08
Thanks guys. This might not even matter, because I just tried out a Jackson Rhoads (the GC slip said model 290, which I don't think is right, but it was around $800), and I'm not sure if I like the feel of a Rhoads. I'm going to go back and try when it has all 6 strings on it.

I did, however, really like a Dinky DK2T (I think) that I played. So I'm thinking that I might really like an SLH2 Soloist.
Brad

Black Schecter Omen 6
Roland Micro Cube
*Soon to Come*
Jackson USA SL2H
Peavey 6505+
Quote by Midnight Murk
Why don't you get the 22-fret guitar and learn to stop using tabs? Improvise the solo and play the rest by ear.

Agreed

Last edited by Your Mother : Today at 03:44 PM
Quote by SG Man Forever

I assure you, covering most COB songs on a 22 fret guitar only poses minor challenges.

I didn't deny that. In fact, that's exactly what I said if you scroll up and read my first post. I was simply replying to someone who said that you can simply bend to hit the 24th fret notes.