Okay this guitar has come into my possession so I have decided to basically mod this guitar into oblivion. Keeping the price low-ish what would be good mods to turn this into an excellent metal guitar.So far my ideas are these:

1. Spear shaped Headstock
2. Sharpened Horns
3.Black finish
4. Diamond plate single humbucker pickguard
5. Dimarzio X2N
6. Convert to hardtail
7. Fill all unecessary cavities
8. Gold Locking tuners
9. All gold Hardware
10.Bone nut

This list probably will change so make any suggestion you want

Pics will come when I start.
Any radical ideas would be great.
Gear:
Ibanez RG321 SD Blackout

6505 combo

Custom Superstrat
Last edited by Gain_Junkie93 at May 31, 2008,
I'm guessing it's a strat copy?

By spear, do you mean spear, the manufacturer, or spear, as in the object of the same name?
Quote by jimRH7
I'm guessing it's a strat copy?

By spear, do you mean spear, the manufacturer, or spear, as in the object of the same name?

It is the pacifica 112 strat copy. I mean like an actual spear. Think Karl Sanders headstock but 6 inline
Gear:
Ibanez RG321 SD Blackout

6505 combo

Custom Superstrat
Got it taken apart now and I have the headstock drawn. Gonna cut the headstock tommorow. 4x2 tuning setup and I am going to pick up a bone nut tomorrow along with some wood.
Gear:
Ibanez RG321 SD Blackout

6505 combo

Custom Superstrat
Forget converting it to hardtail, you could have some fun with a Floyd Rose and locking nut!
Gibson SG Standard
Gibson Les Paul Traditional
Cort Explorer
Squire Standard Strat rebuilt with Fender USA parts
Squire Tele
Krank 1980
Orange Tiny Terror
Traynor YCV 50 Blue
Peavey Vypyr 75

Will fly for food. Call me Dylan
Quote by classicrocker01
Forget converting it to hardtail, you could have some fun with a Floyd Rose and locking nut!

I could but I don't use it enough to justify having one. When tuning or string changing occurs floyds make me want to kill small children.
Gear:
Ibanez RG321 SD Blackout

6505 combo

Custom Superstrat
I was looking at the bridge on a squier, It looks like you could unscrew the block from the tremolo, and use the bolts as well as the six screws the bridge has normally to secure the bridge to the guitar - Saving cash on a new hardtail bridge.
Quote by jimRH7
I was looking at the bridge on a squier, It looks like you could unscrew the block from the tremolo, and use the bolts as well as the six screws the bridge has normally to secure the bridge to the guitar - Saving cash on a new hardtail bridge.

I want to go gold though.
Gear:
Ibanez RG321 SD Blackout

6505 combo

Custom Superstrat
Quote by Gain_Junkie93
I want to go gold though.

I am also a major fan of gold - the trouble is the cost. i think jim deacon used to do a budjet strat with gold hardware, I'm on the lookout for ex-starter guitars with gold hardware sos I can muck about with them in a similar fasion to yerself, but i think they're quite rare... plus My mum moved house ages ago and my soldering iron's still in a box somewhere in storage.
I cut the headstock and sanded it as well as drilled the tuner holes. So the neck is almost done I just have to buy a bone nut today. The pait on this guitar is stupid thick so I am just gonna rough sand it. I cut the wood for the cavities today so it is now alder and oak. So far it is different so we'll see how it ends up. If there are any really good cheap parts stores online let me know.
Gear:
Ibanez RG321 SD Blackout

6505 combo

Custom Superstrat