I just retubed my crate, my clean channel works, my gain channel gives me nothing. the 4 6v6 tubes are lit up and warm, the 12ax7s are not. but im not evn sure they are supposed to be. any ideas?
THe 12AX tubes should be lit up. If they're not check to make sure they're set in the socket tight.
Native Pride

Better to reign in hell

Member of the UG Luthier's club. PM AlGeeEater to join, luthier's only
Member of The Future Embrace, UG's Billy Corgan/Smashing Pumpkins fan club. PM musiclover2399 to join .
Quote by *powerslave*
Make sure your volumes on. I know it sounds stupid but I've done it alot

I do that all the time, my power switch is right next to volume, and I accidentally knock it down to 0. I always freak out
Quote by LP Addict
I just retubed my crate, my clean channel works, my gain channel gives me nothing. the 4 6v6 tubes are lit up and warm, the 12ax7s are not. but im not evn sure they are supposed to be. any ideas?
you'll have a harder time seeing the glow in the 12AX7s. if none of them were working, your clean channel wouldn't work either. what model crate?
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
its a stealth. its working fine now, one of the 12ax7's wasn't in all the way, im a little weary of pushing full force on a glass tube, but i had to get it in there somehow. its great now, much better than the original 15 year old tubes.