Over the past 3 days I have been getting this pain near the surface of the second thumb joint of my fretting hand. I sprained this joint before long ago, but never really experienced any trouble with it before this thing and the weird thing is it sometimes itches a lot and sometimes it doesn't. I am hoping its not arthritis. Did any of you ever experience something similar and does arthritis induce itching?

Should I stop practicing for a day or 2 or what do you recommend, I cant go to the doctor because I am in the middle of exams.

THX
TESTAMENT, SCAR SYMMETRY......SELF EXPLANATORY

ALEX SKOLNICK, PER NILSSON........ADULATION MANDATORY

Gear: JACKSON RR3

Member#25 of the IRON MAIDEN ARE GODS CLUB. PM Revelations to Join
How old are you? I always thought arthritis only occured with old people. You should probably stop playing if it hurts too much.
You can't go to the doctor because you're in the middle of exams?
Well that's a lame excuse. What's he going to do, tell you to stop writing?

I don't think it's arthritis. Don't those symptoms usually include swelling of the joints?

Just be thankful you don't have a sprained ligament in one leg and sciatica affecting the other.
Quote by Renka
OddOneOut is an Essex S&M mistress and not a pirate or a computer program.

i doubt it's arthritis.
my mom has it, and she says that doesnt really cause itching.
when i play sitting down on a couch, i sometimes rest the neck on my fret-hand thumb in a certain way, and it makes my thumb sore and numb-ish for a while.
it might be your muscle on your hand and finger growing, or straining, so it shouldnt be a problem much longer.
Quote by breakstuff
Over the past 3 days I have been getting this pain near the surface of the second thumb joint of my fretting hand. I sprained this joint before long ago, but never really experienced any trouble with it before this thing and the weird thing is it sometimes itches a lot and sometimes it doesn't. I am hoping its not arthritis. Did any of you ever experience something similar and does arthritis induce itching?

Should I stop practicing for a day or 2 or what do you recommend, I cant go to the doctor because I am in the middle of exams.

THX

usually with arthritis you get swelling in your joints.. and its not usually located in just one finger or thumb.

if its itchy.. maybe its an irritation. do you have dry hands? hope its nothign serious!
Grammar and spelling omitted as an exercise for the reader.
I don't itch. Well not usually. Arthitis has nothing to do with age. It can affect anybody at any time. Previously damaged joints are quite susceptable to it. And it is not always accompanied
by swelling. If it is arthritis you are better off to continue playing motion of the affected area is
one of the best therapys for it. However see a doctor. Doctor Ug is a quack.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Quote by Kivarenn82
usually with arthritis you get swelling in your joints.. and its not usually located in just one finger or thumb.

if its itchy.. maybe its an irritation. do you have dry hands? hope its nothing serious!

I know what you mean, but no its not an irritation caused by dry skin. Its just weird just played for an hour and there was no pain at all, it comes and gos, it so damn weird.
TESTAMENT, SCAR SYMMETRY......SELF EXPLANATORY

ALEX SKOLNICK, PER NILSSON........ADULATION MANDATORY

Gear: JACKSON RR3

Member#25 of the IRON MAIDEN ARE GODS CLUB. PM Revelations to Join