I'm gonna get some new pickups for my Strat copy and the pots are probably pretty weak. The problem is, I do not know how to go about changing pots. I'm guessing it is pretty self explanitory, but I don't want to mess anything up.

Where could I find some decent pots online? Would you suggest any in particular?

The strat is set up in HSS, so I'd keep that in mind. Should all the pots be the same, even if it'll be in HSS? Or should the be different because there is a humbucker and 2 single coils?

Next question: My switches and knobs are becoming very wobbly and rusted and they need swapped. How should I go about changing the knobs? The pickup selector needs changed too, and I can't seem to figure out how to remove the top of the knob thing from the pickguard.

THanks in advance for the help.

Edit: Actually, while I'm here, I might as well ask about my bridge. Whenever I use the tremolo bar, I go way out of tune. Would a new bridge help that problem?

If so, any recommendations on one?
Last edited by lemonsquares42 at May 31, 2008,
Guitarfetish is pretty good,

just ordered a complete electronics replacement from there.

i'm expecting good things =D i'll let you know when i get them in.
for switches and pots, i'd reccommend just finding a direct drop-in replacement, don't change any values...

as well, when changing them... make sure you look at where each wire is connected, take a picture if needed, for reference after everything's de-soldered.

for the tuning, maybe the springs need to be adjusted in the back? professional setup is always helpful!
------

Shwiggity.