I've been playing for a year and a half now, got some cash so id like to get something new. I've been playing a basic strat copy but now im really not sure what sort of guitar i should be looking for.

I like playing a variety of stuff, mainly muse stuff but a versatile guitar would be good since i dont really stick to one style. Im sorted with my amp, as i have a cube 30X.

Im thinking of spending at most £250, but anything cheaper is always good as money is hard to come by!

I've been offered an Ibanez RG320FM by someone i know for around £170, however i've no idea if thats the right kinda guitar for me and also Floyd Roses look complicated. I dont know if thats a deal i should think about?

Help would be appreciated! thanks guys
I <3 my Washburn Idol
I'd recommend an HSS strat, preferably made by Fender.
If you can't find one within your price range, Yamaha Pacificas are good substitutes.

Ibanez RG's are primarily for metal (you could swap the pups, but it's not worth it), and unless you want to spend hours changing strings, don't get it.
Signature? What's a signature?

Quote by WlCmToTheJungle
the house burnt down
pics coming soon!
<.<
>,>

Quote by metalscott76
No!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Best theory lesson EVER!
machinehead are blowing out washburn wi65 pro idols for £239 at the moment. I'd look into that, (assuming they aren't b-stock or something, which'd be worth ascertaining) I'm not aware of a nicer (new) guitar in the UK for the price. http://machinehead.co.uk/index.php/cPath/21_49

i'd avoid that ibanez, odds are the trem is not very good. you want to be spending more money than that before getting something with a locking trem, as the cheap ones tend to be rubbish and more bother than they're worth.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Last edited by Dave_Mc at May 31, 2008,
if you play alot of genre and your price range is limited. i suggest you find a used fender deluxe player. these are awesome guitar for the buck
Quote by Matt_Firebird
I've been playing for a year and a half now, got some cash so id like to get something new. I've been playing a basic strat copy but now im really not sure what sort of guitar i should be looking for.

I like playing a variety of stuff, mainly muse stuff but a versatile guitar would be good since i dont really stick to one style. Im sorted with my amp, as i have a cube 30X.

Im thinking of spending at most £250, but anything cheaper is always good as money is hard to come by!

I've been offered an Ibanez RG320FM by someone i know for around £170, however i've no idea if thats the right kinda guitar for me and also Floyd Roses look complicated. I dont know if thats a deal i should think about?

Help would be appreciated! thanks guys

on www.gak.co.uk they are 250, les pauls good guitars can play lot of styles on em
Since you're still pretty much a beginner I don't think you would want to deal with a FR bridge. Check out a HSS Strat, made by Fender.

Probably one of the most versatile guitars you can get right there.
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Fender-Standard-HSS-Stratocaster-Electric-Guitar?sku=516039
Quote by umbrellacorp
tom morello that bitch

^ Talking about how high to play your guitar.