I've found that many times, when I try to write a song, I get an intro and a cool verse down on paper, but then I get to the chorus and I get stuck. Whatever I try to write for the chorus has no sticking power or anything. It just sounds like another verse and not something that can be repeated.

Anyone have any tips?
play the verse and bridge and then right when you finish the bridge into the chorus hum something that you think would come next...like imagine what you would hear. OR you could at least figure out what the root notes of the chorus are going to be first, and then go from there...
When you write a song the chorus can be the 4th or 5th note of that key. Thats what my bass teacher told me.
Gear:
Guitars/ Basses:
PRS SE singlecut w/Tremolo
Epiphone Sg
Epiphone Thunderbird

Waiting in the wings:
Squier Strat mod
(soon to start)

Amps:
Line 6 Spider JAM
Peavey Max 115 bass amp
Well, what I do, since I have the same problem, is that I skip it going directly to the next verse/bridge. Once I got all of that down, I start from the beginning to next randomly fit in some chords for the chorus.

You might also want to record what you have got so far to later integrate the chorus and other riffs or whatnot you might want to punch in.
Fill the void *bump bump bump*

I would say, start with the chorus, get a title, a cool title, and sing it to yourself till it sounds like a cool chorus, then work out the chords, after that, then work out your verse and intro.
you will have a strong song this way
Quote by Shreddernaut
I've found that many times, when I try to write a song, I get an intro and a cool verse down on paper, but then I get to the chorus and I get stuck. Whatever I try to write for the chorus has no sticking power or anything. It just sounds like another verse and not something that can be repeated.

Anyone have any tips?
stop thinking in the same pattern.

for instance, the chorus might have the chord changes coming half as often as the verses.
and come in a different order.
and the melodic motion will be simpler, more static.
so the lyrics will have a different rhythm.
it should have just enough similarity to the verses that it supports them.
but needs it's own identity.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.