i just got yelled at by my dad cus hes in a ****ty mood,and i left my phone at his house. my friends supposed to be here for talent show prep, which is monday and we havnt even started. Hes mad cus he cant pick me up from practice cus hes busy, and i made him do it so i didnt hafta walk 5 miles. so i tell him 330, which was an approximation. I was off by a half hour, so he flips out on me and tells me i cant come over anymore. he plays guitar, and i love learning from him. i love hangin with him, but he gets so pissy sometimes u hfta no what to say.

any other(and im sure there are with god's great matchmaking system) kids whose parents are divorced, and how do they deal with like, paying as much attention to one parent as much as the other so they dont get all mad?
meh
depends on which one you live with tbh

i live with my mum and see my dad once a fortnight, but we've had this arrangement since i was like...2 so everyone's used to it

how recent is the divorce? there are probably still some things that need sorting out
30 minutes? that's pretty damn late
Quote by Sicko 21X7
tremelo the brown note until she caves
o god abouta year, im not new to it it just pisses me off sometimes, i actaully like it btr, its just sometimes there hard to deal with, and i live with my mom
meh
Quote by get ta led out!

any other(and im sure there are with god's great matchmaking system) kids whose parents are divorced, and how do they deal with like, paying as much attention to one parent as much as the other so they dont get all mad?

My parents have been divorced for a good 9-10 years. I live with my mom and I have to say, trying to worry about hurting your parents' feelings is a pretty useless endeavor. If they were really worried about how much they'd see their kids, they wouldn't have split in the first place. Kids are usually the ONLY reason a couple will stay together. I haven't seen my dad in at least 2-3 years. The guy seems to have just stopped caring. I couldn't care less now though.
Last edited by happytimeharry at May 31, 2008,
My mum and dad are divorced.

He left just after I was born because he didn't want another kid. lol
I've never met him and don't want to.

RMF

I was much further out than you thought
And not waving but drowning.
I was much too far out all my life
And not waving but drowning.
My parent's divorce is final on june 10th.
And I couldn't be happier.

My dad is the biggest D-bag on the planet. He's really trying to get at my mom and my sisters in the last week or so, but soon it'll all be over.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
My parents split when I was just a few months old. My dad's an a-hole, and to my mother's credit, she let me find that out on my own. There was never any trash-talking on her part. My dad, however, never missed a chance to say something negative about my mother or her family or how I was being screwed up by living with her instead of him. Throughout my childhood he'd make sporadic, half-hearted attempts to bond with me, by trying to force it, rather than making a real effort. In 19 years of life, I've spoken to him for the total of maybe 3 hours of conversation. After I turned 18, a legal adult, I refused to speak to him, and haven't since. One of the best decisions I've ever made.
When crying don't help
You can't compose yourself
It's best to compose a poem
An honest verse of longing
Or a simple song of hope...
Quote by happytimeharry
If they were really worried about how much they'd see their kids, they wouldn't have split in the first place.

This is a really dumb statement to make. Often times, people get divorced because the environment with both parents at home would have a negative effect on the children, and so it's in the kids' best interest for the separation to happen. Saying that the divorce is a result of people not being worried about how often they see their kids is a selfish and rather irresponsible statement.

My parents have been divorced about 4 years and what I mentioned above was the case; the environment is much better after the split.
My parents divorced 8 years ago but are currently dating.

No, really, that is the case...
lol

I spend half my week at my dad's, and half ma week at my maws. cannot wait till i move out in september
On vacation from modding = don't pm me with your pish
it's an absolute faff having to split holidays and stuff between the two, but hurting one parents feelings can't be helped. kids should never have to blame themselves for their parents divorce, and putting them in the middle is just completely unfair imo.