I just bought a guitar with floyd rose and i understood that i wont use it. when i buy my next guitar i would like to have something without it but all the guitars i like have a fr. and also many hard tail guitars are 22 frets and i dont know if i will need those extra frets and the fr further. so which guitar in a budget of like 600 dollars. i saw the ltd ex-400 which was not bad but cant be sure about its shape. i would like something like a jackson rr5 so what you suggest me
They don't... haha
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
Actually, most guitars are Strat copies=no Floyd Rose but most metal guitars have one. Try a low end ESP?

Ibanez SR506BM
Ashdown Little Giant 1000w
Peavey TVX 115+410
A big ass upright

Quote by Midnight Murk
You're very wrong in saying that most guitars have Floyd Roses.

+ 100

Not all guitars have Floyd Rose like Fender, Gibson, Epiphone, PRS, etc..... Try to look on other guitars to find the right guitar for you.
BTW what genre do you play?
And how long are you playing
"but all the guitars i like have a fr."

He's not saying all guitars have a FR, just all the ones he likes! Give the guy a break, he knows not all guitars have a FR.
Quote by saphrax
Bit harsh I think! He comes back for the last 10 minutes against Roma, after being out all season, and you want him crippled again? You harsh wanker!

Aimed at me for saying I hope Gary Neville breaks all his limbs
Quote by ticklemeemo
you could:
1. trade me
or 2. just take it off and put on a hardtail?

switch out a fr and put in a hard tail, good idea, oh wait theres a hole in the body -.-

Quote by m4l666
Actually, most guitars are Strat copies=no Floyd Rose but most metal guitars have one. Try a low end ESP?

Why ts needs to look more, seriously i mean you haven't given us any details so we can't help you find one, most guitar companies do hard tail options, except Dean, they tend to not do as many without fr
Manchester United
Judging by the other guitars he mentioned and his name, I'd say he's looking for a metal guitar.
Well in that case if you want the RR5 i would say get it, i am going to buy it when i have saved up, the Ex-400 would be great or not great depending on your amp
Manchester United
Quote by Shabalaba
switch out a fr and put in a hard tail, good idea, oh wait theres a hole in the body -.-

Well, he obviously doesn't want a strat, tele, or les paul, since none of them have frs to take off.. If he wants the guitar that bad maybe he could cut a block of wood and fill in the hole? Or just put on a semi-hollow guitar's bridge.
Quote by ticklemeemo
Well, he obviously doesn't want a strat, tele, or les paul, since none of them have frs to take off.. If he wants the guitar that bad maybe he could cut a block of wood and fill in the hole? Or just put on a semi-hollow guitar's bridge.

Are you stupid?
He doesn't want to talk a FR off, he was saying the guitars he liked all had FRs on and he wanted one that didn't, hence the reason he mentioned the EX-400 and the RR5. And you just mentioned 3 shapes, not 3 models, and you can get a Strat with a FR and a Les Paul with a FR, you cant get a tele with a FR but you can get it with a tremolo i think.
If you cut some wood and put it in the hole it would look cheap and nasty, have you seen anyone do that?
And i dont even understand what i Semi-Hollow has to do with anything
Manchester United
The bridges on semi-hollows are longer.. Hence the screws do not fall in the same spot as a normal bridge.
Yes, you can get a strat or lp with an fr, but not from their companies.
And if you aren't a complete moron you can make a filler for the hole, paint over it and no one's the wiser. I'm not saying do that, because it's a drastic measure. But it's not a very expensive one, plus you get the full 24 frets.
I like to think outside the box.
Last edited by ticklemeemo at May 31, 2008,
The Ibanez S range has a fair few models that are hardtail. I've been eyeing up this lovely white SZ320 (i think that's the model number anyway) at the local music shop for a while now.
Quote by ticklemeemo
That doesn't make any sense at all.

Go ahead and try filling in the hole with wood and see what it looks like.
Quote by umbrellacorp
tom morello that bitch

^ Talking about how high to play your guitar.
Oh yes, you could just leave it unpainted, how brilliant. Or you could get the same type of wood with the grain facing the same direction, and then a matching finish/stain.
You do realize a guitar's neck is made of several pieces of wood, and even some guitar bodies are made of several layers.
why you need 24 frets. some songs by my favorite bands need them is the worst answer ever. it's called improv/bending. meh whatver. go for the esp the eclipses they have 24 frets with no floyd. king v's i believe have 24 frets. floyds are fun to have anyways
Jackson RR5 ivory w/ EMG 81/85
Jackson DX6 w/ SD Distortion & Dimarzio Super Distortion
Fender Starcaster Sunburst
Mesa/Boogie DC-3
Johnson JT50 Mirage
Ibanez TS-9
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Boss CE-5

ISP Decimator
Boss DD-6
Korg Pitchblack
wow the topic is messed up in a day first of all i didnt say i need 24 frets i just wondered if i will need them. and for the floyd rose i know that not all the guitars have fr but i want a metal guitar with no fr and i dont have much money. if i had like thousand dollar i wouldnt be asking for a hard tail one. maybe a schecter is the best choice for me but i cant decide i bought a guitar with fr and im not using it... i dont have much money so i cant buy something like a rr5 either cos i will also have to buy an amp...
Quote by ticklemeemo
Oh yes, you could just leave it unpainted, how brilliant. Or you could get the same type of wood with the grain facing the same direction, and then a matching finish/stain.
You do realize a guitar's neck is made of several pieces of wood, and even some guitar bodies are made of several layers.

The Lesser Paul's right, you know. You say that anybody who's not a complete idiot could do it, but in fact, matching the grain on a transparent finished body isn't something you just do, especially when you're trying to make end grain meet end grain. There'll always be a very noticable line that'll call attention to itself in a huge way unless you fiddle with the placement of the tailpiece. Also, blending the new finish into the existing is also not something any ol' schmoe can just do on a whim.
Quote by ticklemeemo
The bridges on semi-hollows are longer.. Hence the screws do not fall in the same spot as a normal bridge.
Yes, you can get a strat or lp with an fr, but not from their companies.
And if you aren't a complete moron you can make a filler for the hole, paint over it and no one's the wiser. I'm not saying do that, because it's a drastic measure. But it's not a very expensive one, plus you get the full 24 frets.
I like to think outside the box.

You can get a Strat with an FR. And you can get an Edwards or import ESP Eclipse (or at least an EC style signature guitar) with an FR.
And be careful using that "complete moron" expression. Not everyone is disposed to risk ruining the paintjob of his guitar just for the FR not to be there. Especially if the guitar has a carved top, figured wood top w/ a transparent finish, something like that. With figured wood it's near impossible to make a perfect job, and without figured wood you'd have to strip the whole guitar, fill the whole, and then paint it again for the job to actually look good, unless you're decently skilled as far as customizing guitars go. And guess what, most of us morons aren't.
An actual easy solution would be just to block the trem and take off the nut's locking bolts. But hey, it seems you have to use wood filler for not to be a complete moron...
Quote by primusfan
It wasn't mean, it was Portuguese.

Master Saruwatari of the Pit Samurai Pm theguitarist to join

Membro do clube Português do UG.
Last edited by jmag at Jun 1, 2008,
Quote by blind.quardian
dont want to bother with those just want a simple hard tail guitar is it that hard?

Sorry man, you're right.
Check the LTD MH400NT. It may be just a bit above your price range, but it's a string-through with 24 frets.
Quote by primusfan
It wasn't mean, it was Portuguese.

Master Saruwatari of the Pit Samurai Pm theguitarist to join

Membro do clube Português do UG.
yeah its well but i guess for now before buying the amp i will have to something like ibanez rg321 maybe later i will buy it
You dont ever really NEED 24 frets....since all you actually gain is 2 notes over a 22 fret....and if you're any good at bending, no one will notice. But, pretty much all metal guitars will have 24 frets, so just go with it. And as for a RR without a Floyd, how about the Jackson JS30RR??