I've been playing guitar for a year and almost 3 months (started in March 4th of 2007), and I started going to a teacher this year, in January (mainly for stuff related to theory, since I believe that practicing is what can give me a good technique).

So yeah, today I was bored and started playing with a chord progression I had written down (also today) for my guitar class, and this is the result. I had never composed anything before, except for a few riffs in guitar pro (which all kind of suck) and a very simple part that I plan to use for a future song.

Since this was written in an hour, today (the 31st of May) I decided to give it the name "The End of May". Of course this is not a serious song I'm planning to play anywhere, but comments would REALLY help me in my future compositions.

Thank you VERY much.
Attachments:
The End Of May (08.05.31).zip
I'm so jealous of your guitar skills. I've been playing for 4 years and I still suck :[

Haha, anywho

That was rad man. Sounds like you could use that for an intro for another song, that starts off like so beautifully and then BAM!! hits you like a freight train, kinda like Metallica' To Live is to Die.

10/10
Wow, are you guys serious??? THANK YOU VERY MUCH!

I'm really surprised, because since I'm a beginner at guitar, I tend to see composing as something kind of impossible for me, and that I'm far from being able to compose anything to be even considered average.

So really, I didn't expect those comments and they certainly help me a lot.

About using it as an intro, as I say I still think that I'm far from being able to compose anything that someone would actually "want" to listen to, so I don't know, I'll see how do I progress with time. I also think this would be too simple and boring (and "happy"), so maybe when I get more experience I will be able to use this idea but in a better and more complex way.

I'll see if I can write some other stuff soon. Again, thank you very much for your comments!
We almost started the same month (I started 1 week earlier)...

Sounds good, but it is short...
I would suggest after this part make another one in Amin for instance, and then go back to Cmaj, to make it longer, and then have it repeat itself with a Coda...

And put a bass or drums in there....

You say it is an intro?
so maybe add a crescendo guitar in the end, so it falls into the song (if you are going to do metal though)....

Sounds good, is in key, but needs to be finished

Wanna crit one of mine? Choose any from my sig....
Before talking about the song:
WTF??? I was going to say that I'm a fan of Les Luthiers too until I saw not only that we're from the same country, but also that we're both called Gonzalo xDD Maybe we can talk about this through PMs or something...

About the crit, thanks a lot! It's actually not an intro, I wanted to start it and finish it in very small time, just to see what I could do. Later I thought about adding other instruments, but I think that since I'm not planning to use it anyway I should not try to improve it right now.

Going to check some of your work, y de paso te mando un PM y hablamos.
Quote by Ikary
Before talking about the song:
WTF??? I was going to say that I'm a fan of Les Luthiers too until I saw not only that we're from the same country, but also that we're both called Gonzalo xDD Maybe we can talk about this through PMs or something...

About the crit, thanks a lot! It's actually not an intro, I wanted to start it and finish it in very small time, just to see what I could do. Later I thought about adding other instruments, but I think that since I'm not planning to use it anyway I should not try to improve it right now.

Going to check some of your work, y de paso te mando un PM y hablamos.

really?

Sos de Montevideo?