I'm looking to get another stomp box to add to my pedalboard. I play in standard, flat and drop d tunings. I play rock somewhere in the vein of 3 Doors Down, Shinedown, Fuel, Seven Mary Three, any 90's grunge or pop rock band. Anyways, right now I'm running a....

Boss DSD-2 Sampler Delay, Boss TU-2 Tuner, Electro Harmonix Holy Grail Reverb, Dunlop Crybaby 535Q Multi-Wah, Ibanez TS9DX Turbo Tube Screamer, MXR M-101 Phase 90 and Amp Switch through an ESP LTD EC 400 (EMG 81/60) into a Marshall JTM60.

I'm looking to add either another distortion and possibly chorus pedal. Any suggestions. Right now, I'm looking at a Pro Co Rat. I need a distortion with massive sustain that I can use for leads on the clean channel, also to give me another distorted/overdriven tone besides my OD channel. I also need it for a boost/thicken upper for my OD channel. I already have a Tube Screamer for that, but like I said, I want another tonal option.

Thoughts?
The vintage/american proco rat sounds like the perfect thing for modern rock and as a different sound than your OD channel. It's actually the only thing that comes to mind with what you've described. Good pick.
krank distortus maximus

pricey but versatile, and can double as a impromptu preamp with a lower gain setting like the tubescreamer
Quote by fleajr_1412
You have amazing taste in men.

Are You a PROG-HEAD? I am.
Which one would you recommend then? Here's what a local store carries...

Pro Co RAT2 Distortion Pedal
and
Pro Co TurboRAT Pedal
turbo. Be warned that rat is quite warm and non sterile in comparision to the ds-1. I much prefer it personally. It has a slightly warmer, fuzzier and more overdrivey element to it.
Music is the holy grail, sod wine water and the blood of jesus
Your missing one very important thing necessary on every board. DELAY!! I could make a recommendation, but don't know your price range.
Quote by doggy_hat
This chick that looked like shrek ****ed me while I was passed out on xanax. I screamed when I woke up.
I actually have a delay. It's an old school Boss DSD-2. It's the delay/sampler one.
Quote by mwalluk
Which one would you recommend then? Here's what a local store carries...

Pro Co RAT2 Distortion Pedal
and
Pro Co TurboRAT Pedal

I think the Turbo has less distortion. I would get the RAT2
"Blues is easy to play, but hard to feel."- Jimi Hendrix
Might pick up another one. A local store has both a Boss DD-5 and a Line 6 Echopark for about $50 each.