I want to photocopy some music and I want to make sure I'm not breaking any laws.
Last edited by Fassa Albrecht at May 31, 2008,
do it. i won't tell anyone
Epiphone G-400
Yamaha Pacifica (Mod on hold due to procrastination)
Rocktron Banshee
Marshall 10CD

Quote by geetarguy13

I've never smoked before but it looks like fun.
if you mean sheet music, I believe it's only legal if you use it for personal use.
Guitars :
Fender American Stratocaster
Jackson RR3
Ibanez S470
Epiphone Les Paul
Quote by CollinPlaysBass
I know on the bottom on some of my music there is something saying the composer will die if we photocopy it. Which is cool, because that composer is BACH!!!

Epic win!
^Highly doubt you can get caught, and if you do, probably not much.
Quote by Beakwithteeth
I am sure the penalty is a fine or something. The first time it might even be a warning. What do you need this for? I can't think of a scenerio where it's likely you will get in legal trouble.

I need to know because at the moment I'm carrying around loads of music books and it would save time if I just used photocopies of the songs I'm using.
No photocopying, only photocopies of photocopies are permitted.

(Hopes at least someone else gets this)
Ibanez RG4EXQM1
XBL Gamertag: XzXPatrickXzX
The System HAS Failed
Quote by tommyp484
"RUSSELL! WHAT THE F*CK!!!!"
Quote by XzX_Patrick_XzX
No photocopying, only photocopies of photocopies are permitted.

(Hopes at least someone else gets this)

Eh?!
This thread is makes me lol.
Are you afraid the RIAA are somehow going to know you're photocopying the music and bust into your house or something? What are you going to be doing that will get you caught?

My friend has a tab book for "In Utero" that I borrowed back when I was into Nirvana. I photocopied a bunch of the songs. I haven't been charged with anything.
Quote by JordantheAxe
I photocopy all my cd's, they sound better that way.

You sounded like those emo guys that listen to vynil discs instead of CDs because they say they sound better....that isn't true.

Oh my god....this trends...

I believe it is HIGHLY illegal to do anything with other peoples music now a days..but nobody really cares about it, so you can do it if nobody that will point you out sees you
Quote by neidnarb11890
This thread is makes me lol.
Are you afraid the RIAA are somehow going to know you're photocopying the music and bust into your house or something? What are you going to be doing that will get you caught?

My friend has a tab book for "In Utero" that I borrowed back when I was into Nirvana. I photocopied a bunch of the songs. I haven't been charged with anything.

Well the fact I'm playing said songs to 500 plus people every week might be a bit attention-drawing.....
Quote by RFer
You sounded like those emo guys that listen to vynil discs instead of CDs because they say they sound better....that isn't true.

Oh my god....this trends...

I believe it is HIGHLY illegal to do anything with other peoples music now a days..but nobody really cares about it, so you can do it if nobody that will point you out sees you

But vinyl is better.......
we are currently posting on a website where most people rip tabs straight from the books...
MASSIVE TEXT
Quote by RFer

Actually if the album came out originally on vinyl it will obviously sound better on vinyl because it never had to be transfered to a different medium.
I have to photocopy all the scores from my guitar classes, so I don't think it is illegal, at least for personal uses.....

It would be like copying an already existant Guitar Pro score into another one. It is not illegal, unless you submit that tab you copied as your own (or sell it)..