Page 1 of 3
I was inspired by the thread about the guy having his first grilled cheese, so I thought...what if everyone on UG pitched in a recipe for some type of food they know how to make? We'd have an epic collection of recipes, that's what.

So anyway, I'll start with a recipe for grilled cheese (for all the grilled cheese virgins out there):

1. Gather a frying pan, two slices of bread, some butter or margarine, and 1-2 slices of your favorite cheese, depending on how cheesy you desire your sandwhich to be.

2 Put your pan on the stove over medium heat until it's good and hot.

3. Melt some butter or margarine in the pan, or butter one side of each slice of bread, whichever your prefer. Put the bread in the pan. Lower the heat, and cover the pan.

4. Put your cheese on one of the slices of bread, then flip the other slice of bread on top of the cheese.

5. Check bread frequently. When bread reaches the desired brownness, butter the top side or pan and flip it.

6. Wait for the second side to brown (it won't take as long as the first).

7. Once your grilled cheese is cooked to perfection, turn off your damn stove and go eat it. Then post about it for epic lulz.

Let me know what you think. I think this is a good idea, but I just mgiht be a little too stoned to tell. That also might be why I'm so interested in food right now. But I've already eaten just about everything in the house, so I am without any...unless you kids give me some recipes!
i shall link you to my cheesecake thread.

That was a thread of culinary genius.

EDIT: https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=859850

Page 3 is my cheesecake recipe, first page is my results.
****, this reminds me. Early this morning I posted "I'm going to eat some Poptarts when I wakeup" or something of that nature, and I NEVER DID! I will not go get them.
Quote by Ez0ph
That was a different Feb08er that threatened to suck you off
I remember that

Sadly, I was the threatened.
Quote by Firenze

Let it be known that I concur with everything this gentleman says, ever.

www.myspace.com/tarsusmusic
Ingredients
For each quesadilla
1 soft flour tortilla
30g/1oz thinly sliced cured ham
3 thick slices pickled green jalapeño peppers, from a jar
50g/2oz grated cheese
1 spring onion, finely sliced
few leaves fresh coriander
1 tsp olive oil (not extra virgin)
ready-made salsa, to serve

Method
1. Heat a ridged griddle pan.
2. Place the tortilla onto a work surface and cover with the ham.
3. Over one half of the tortilla only, sprinkle the jalapeño slices, grated cheese and chopped spring onion. Scatter over the coriander leaves.
4. Fold the tortilla in half to enclose the filling in a half moon shape.
5. Carefully lift the tortilla up and brush each side with oil before placing it onto the hot griddle. Griddle for a minute on each side, or until lightly charred and the cheese has melted.
6. Using a fish slice, transfer the tortilla to a board or plate and cut into three triangles. Serve with a spoonful of salsa.
Last edited by filthandfury at May 31, 2008,
recipe for supertoast
1 put bread in toaster
2 proceed to toast
3 after toasting, toast again
4 remove toast from toaster
5 yum
try adding salt to scrambled eggs when theyre being cooked, before they solidify.

seriously its pretty good
Quote by beadhangingOne
There is no music but metal and muhammad is its prophet.
Quote by Soul-Monger
If this is the UG cookbook, then there would probably be a lot of SPAM recipes.

i see wut u did thar!!

as for cooking:

i know of no recipes..
v CLICK v

Quote by musicjunkie207
The time I fell on my face on a trampoline and cracked my neck, then proceded to run around the yard in a blind panic screaming "I hope I'm not paralyzed! OH GOD I THINK I'M PARALYZED!"
"Super awesome cheesy deliciousness a la pasta"

Ingredients
Cheese whiz
Pasta of your choice (rotini works well)

Directions

1. Fill a pot with water and bring it to a boil on the stove
2. Once the water is boiling, add your pasta, lower the heat and boil to desired tenderness
3. Strain the noodles
4. While the noodles are still warm, add liberal amounts of Cheese Whiz to them
5. Enjoy the cheesy warm goodness
For a wounded man shall say to his assailant, "if I live I will kill you."
"If I die, you are forgiven."
Such is the rule of honour.
Take a pear, apply a liberal amount of IcyHot, then do a barrel roll. Serve while listening to 'I cum blood' and pray you don't get banned.

-Guitar Gear-
1995 American Fender Strat, EMG 85 pup
Randall RH200 Head
Marshall 1960a Cab
Woods Acoustic
-Bass Gear-
Spector Legend 4 bass
Washburn Bantam bass
Hartke HA2500
Fender Bassman 410H
Play what you love, love what you play
Quote by TooFast
****, this reminds me. Early this morning I posted "I'm going to eat some Poptarts when I wakeup" or something of that nature, and I NEVER DID! I will not go get them.

Hello Past-self. The Poptarts you're about to eat were delicious.
Quote by Ez0ph
That was a different Feb08er that threatened to suck you off
I remember that

Sadly, I was the threatened.
Quote by Firenze

Let it be known that I concur with everything this gentleman says, ever.

www.myspace.com/tarsusmusic
A recipe from my friends in the drug thread, firecrackers:

1. Get yourself 2 crackers, a little bit of peanut butter, and some weed (between .3 grams and 1 gram, more if you want). The more weed you use, the more weed-like it tastes.
2. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
3. Spread peanut butter over one side of both crackers.
4. Sprinkle your weed into the peanut butter on both crackers. Put the crackers together in a sandwich, so that peanut butter is touching peanut butter.
5. Wrap your cracker sandwhich tightly in aluminum foil so that the smell of herb doesn't spill all over your kitchen.
6. Bake the sammich for 10 minutes, then lower heat to 200 degrees and continue baking for 10-15 minutes, or until crackers are desired cookedness. Remove those boys from the oven.
7. Eat your crackers. Wait for the high to come on. It should take between 30 minutes and 2 hours. It will be more psychedelic than a typically marijuana high.

Have fun, kids!
Chilli Eggs

Lots of cooking, but awesome food, and it impresses the ladies.
You need:

1 decent size onion, chopped
Garlic, chopped
1 Bell Pepper, chopped
Cumin, Chilli Powder, Tabasco or something like it. Any other herbs you want to chuck in, if you're that kind of cook (I am.)
4 eggs
1 or 2 tins of tomatoes (get 2, and see if you want them both. It's a matter of taste.)
A decent chunk of cheese for grating
Salt and pepper.

Fry the vegetables, onion and garlic first in a large pan. Then peppers, when they've softened. After about 10 minutes, chuck in the tomatoes and spices, however much you want and cook it with the lid off for another 5 or 10 minutes while the tomatoes soften and mix in with everything. Make sure your ovens not too hot for this bit, but it shouldn't make too much difference.

Then break the eggs on top, sprinkle the cheese over and whack on the salt and pepper.

Cover it, turn up the heat a bit and cook it for a bit - usually I do it for about 10 minutes, but just take the lid off and prod the eggs with a spoon until they're cooked how you want them and you should be fine.

Serve it on its own, or if you've not got enough have some bread or rice with it. Enjoy!

Alternatively:

One can of beans
Two slices of bread
A toaster

Toast bread, cook beans and combine. Awesomeness in 5 minutes.

EDIT: Zardok ^^ You're a genius.
Last edited by TheNthDimension at May 31, 2008,
Don't forget TheQuailman's muffins thread
Quote by SteveHouse
Also you're off topic. This thread is about Reva eating snowmen.
Chicken Wing Soup

Ingredients:
6 cups milk
3 (10.75 ounces) cans condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
5 cups shredded cooked chicken
1 cup sour cream
1/4 cup Frank's Hot Sauce

Boil or cook the chicken and remove all the skin and bones from it. heat in the remaining ingredients in a pot on a stove top, or in a crocpot, and add the shredded chicken to it. when serving, add additional frank's to taste. also, add MORE chicken for a thicker soup.
Remember through sounds
Remember through smells
Remember through colors
Remember through towns
-Modest Mouse, "Novocaine Stain"
My recipe for delicious chips:

Ingredients:
Bag of Chips

Directions:
1.Open bag of chips
2.Remove chip(one at a time)
3.Eat chip(This might be helpful if your having trouble with this step)
4. Repeat steps 2 and 3

Enjoy!
Chicken Nuggets:

Ingredients:
Bag of chicken nuggets
Oil

Directions:
1. Heat oil in a skillet or deep fryer.
2. Put nuggets in hot oil. Let cook for a few minutes, until golden-brownish.
3. Remove nuggets from oil. Drain off excess grease with paper towels.
4. Put your favorite dipping sauce on the plate with your nuggets. Dip nuggets in sauce. Eat. Enjoy.
This is the result of the one-night stand between Boredom and Starvation:

Meat 'N Potatoes:

Ingredients:
hot dogs
bacon
potatoes
onions
salt
ground black pepper
lemon

1. Slice 3-6 hot dogs, one large potato, and half an onion
2. Fry the hot dog pieces until they're slightly brown and add the potatoes
3. Add the onions when the hot dogs and potatoes look close to being finished
4. Add in salt, pepper, and a little lemon juice and fry a little more
5. When finished with that, dump that all on a plate and fry the bacon
6. Place the finished bacon over the hot dogs and potatoes
7. Enjoy! I've found it tastes rather good with some hot sauce

Sure, it doesn't seem like actual food, but hey, it's edible, isn't it?
HeartGold FC: 4340 7508 2259
Black FC: 5114 4986 4432
Quote by keithmoon15
recipe for supertoast
1 put bread in toaster
2 proceed to toast
3 after toasting, toast again
4 remove toast from toaster
5 Throw out toast
6 Buy Cupcakes
Yum!

Fixed
1968 - 1996

Remember... Everything.
here is something i just invented like 20 minutes ago, i call it philley cheese burgers.
1.you take some frozen ground beef, and defrost it in the microwave.
2. take defrosted beef and fry in pan. chop it up finely as it browns.
3.chop up some onions, peppers, and mushrooms and throw it in with the browned beef.
4. (optional) add some type of steak sauce. just a very little bit, enough to flavor and moisten the beef, but not so much that the food becomes saucey. it should not end up like sloppy joe.
5. once done cooking, divide it into singe serving size piles, and put cheese on it. (i use cheeze whiz since thats on the real philley cheese steaks.) let it melt reall nicely.
6. put on hamburger bun. condiments optional. i used some ketchup.
7. (my favorite part) eat it. its sooooooo good.
Quote by BryanChampine
It was like a orgasm in my ear.
Chea_man is the best.
English Muffin Pizzas

1 english muffin, cut in half
Pizza Sauce
Pizza (Mozzarella) cheese
toppings

1)preheat oven to 400 degrees farenheit
2) create pizza by putting sauce on both halves of the english muffins. Then add the cheese and whatever other toppings you want. But remember, if you add alot, then your pizza may take longer to cook.
3)place them on a cookie sheet and put in oven for about 5 minutes. They may need to go alittle longer depending on how much stuff you put on them. If the pizza needs to go for longer, make sure to frequently check them so they don't get burned.
4)Take out of oven and let cool for around 3 minutes.
Quote by LulzDefender
English Muffin Pizzas

1 english muffin, cut in half
Pizza Sauce
Pizza (Mozzarella) cheese
toppings

1)preheat oven to 400 degrees farenheit
2) create pizza by putting sauce on both halves of the english muffins. Then add the cheese and whatever other toppings you want. But remember, if you add alot, then your pizza may take longer to cook.
3)place them on a cookie sheet and put in oven for about 5 minutes. They may need to go alittle longer depending on how much stuff you put on them. If the pizza needs to go for longer, make sure to frequently check them so they don't get burned.
4)Take out of oven and let cool for around 3 minutes.

for an easy to do, more traditional style pizza, get those little refrigerated cans of uncooked biscuits and use them in place of the english muffin. it ends up just being regular pizza except the size of a muffin or buiscit haha.
Quote by BryanChampine
Chea_man is the best.
Mac n' Cheese Ramen Noodles

Ingredients:

1 pack of Chicken Flavored Ramen Noodles
2 slices of Kraft American Cheese

Steps:

1) Cook Ramens as usual (still mix in the flavor). Leave plenty of juice in them.
2) While noodles are still hot, rip up the slices of cheese throw and them into noodles.
3) Stir Ramens until the cheese is completely dissolved into the juice.

Now you have MAC N' CHEESE RAMENS!
Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.

-Jimi Hendrix-

Quote by CodySG
You know you're in the drug thread when you see pictures of squash and "tuna nigga!" when you click the page.
Veggie "Vagabond" Soup

If you have any random vegetables laying around in your house that need to be eaten, this a great way to use them.

Vegetables (celery, bell peppers, brocolli, carrots, onions, etc.)
Olive Oil
A can of Vegetable Broth
Thyme (fresh or dried, doesn't matter)
Salt and pepper to taste

1) Sautee (basically just cooking the vegetables on the stove) vegetables (starting with vegetables that take longer to cook/soften first, such as brocolli, carrots, onions, etc) in a bit of olive oil. You don't want them to be swimming in it, but you want just enough so that it helps along the cooking process. Do this in a very large skillet or a stir-fry pan.

2) When vegetables are softened (or just cooked, depending on your preference) enough, pour in one can of vegetable broth. Put on the lid and heat it until it starts boiling.

3) Towards the end of the cooking, add the thyme (just sprinkle it in if dried and if it's fresh, strip the leaves off the little stems and add those in). Try to taste the soup after you add spices in to make sure you're not either over-doing it or under-doing it.

4) After it starts boiling, take it off the heat and let cool for a while before serving.

5) Add salt and pepper to taste.

6) Serve and enjoy. =D
Quote by chea_man
for an easy to do, more traditional style pizza, get those little refrigerated cans of uncooked biscuits and use them in place of the english muffin. it ends up just being regular pizza except the size of a muffin or buiscit haha.

xD WELL if you really wanted you could make multiple ones at once. 2 english muffins don't take up all of a cookie sheet.
Buffalo chickin pizza

You need:

2 cups flour
honey
garlic powder
lemon pepper
1 packet of yeast
2 chicken breasts
franks red hot sauce
1 can of pizza sauce
1 bag of mozerela cheese
2 tablespoons of butter
1/2 red onion sliced.

1. Mix yeast with warm water.
2. Add yeast mixture to flour, garlic powder (season to taste), honey (again, add as much as you want)
3. If the dough consistency is off add more water or flour. Set aside to rise.
4. Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
5. Season chicken breasts with lemon pepper.
6. On to the sauce: combine, butter, half a can of pizza sauce, and an equal amount of franks hot sauce (about 1 cup depending on how spicy you like it) in a saucepan. bring it to a simmer
6. Grill or fry the chicken and mince it.
7. Add chicken to the sauce, let it simmer on the stove.
8. Roll out the dough on a pan (or preferably a pizza stone) For extra credit, roll string cheese into the crust for your own stuffed crust.
9. Add toppings: sauce and chicken first, cheese next, top it with red onions.
10. Bake for about 15 minutes or until the cheese starts to turn brown.

Enjoy, you will be amazed at what you have created.
The best spaghetti bolognaise ever:

Spaghetti/Pasta.
pack of minced beef
tomatoes
bolognaise sauce
"all purpose savoury seasoning"
some other forms of herbs or spices
apple juice (MUST HAVE)

1: Fry the beef, make it all brown.
2: Bolognaise sauce and chopped tomatoes on.
3: I'd assume the pasta goes on the boil around here. (use a boiled kettle for speed)
4: Any herbs and stuff go on the sauce
5: Any sauces you want on here (We used Lea and Perrins)
6: The most important stage. Apple juice. Make your sauce a bit thinner with the addition of apple juice.
7: Put all on a plate (preferably with a side of bread of some sort)
8: EAT IT.

Apple juice can be the best additive.
Quote by dudetheman
Mac n' Cheese Ramen Noodles

Ingredients:

1 pack of Chicken Flavored Ramen Noodles
2 slices of Kraft American Cheese

Steps:

1) Cook Ramens as usual (still mix in the flavor). Leave plenty of juice in them.
2) While noodles are still hot, rip up the slices of cheese throw and them into noodles.
3) Stir Ramens until the cheese is completely dissolved into the juice.

Now you have MAC N' CHEESE RAMENS!

i am going to go try this right now

but chicken and cheese?. should i admit the flavor?
Gear:
Musicman Stingray 4 string HH
Tech 21 Sansamp Para Driver
Ampeg V-4B
Ampeg SVT-212AV 2x12

Gibson SG Standard
Vox AC15
Keeley compressor
Keeley Dark Side
Boss RC-2 Loop
Korg Pandora
Crybaby Wah
Oh and on that pizza, if you don't like spicy food barbeque sauce is a great substitute for the Franks red hot.
I can only make Cranachan - which is a lovely and basic Scottish desert that can be made relatively quickly. Hopefuly i get this right.

One needs -

Double cream, honey, whisky, raspberries and some oatmeal. For two people, a reasonable amount would be about 300ml of cream, 300 grams of raspberries, 2 tablespoons of honey, 2 tablespoons of whisky and enough oatmeal to cover an area roughly the size of the serving dish.

You can go about as far as half yoghurt - half cream if you want a lower fat version. I like using a quarter yoghurt, three quarters cream, just for the texture.

Start by dry-frying some oatmeal on a low heat until it is golden brown. Dont burn it though, but its easy enough to cook some more. once golden, remove from heat and leave aside to cool.

Next whip the cream until it is soft and thick. Fold in the yoghurt if youre using it. Then fold in the honey and Whisky. Taste, if the taste of whisky or honey is too strong, add more cream or some plain yoghurt if youve run out, and vice versa. Just make sure you dont add too much whisky.

Now fold in the raspberries. You can add hovever many raspberries you want, but personally i like loads, so id go for more than 300 grams. Next fill up the serving dish/dishes with the mixture. Add some raspberries for decoration. The oatmeal should have cooled by now, so sprinkle it on the top. Refrigerate for a few hours. You could eat it straight away, but personally i prefer it after its refrigerated.

Enjoy!
X

"Just wait till tomorrow
I guess that's what they all say
Just before they fall apart"
Quote by SilentDeftone
I will be attempting pork spareribs for the first time today/tomorrow. I'll take pictures if I remember.

-SD

please tell me your going to cook them properly.
dont boil them.
cook them with low heat for a very long time. (in a BBQ pit)
they really taste bad when there cooked wrong, i cant stand them. but when done right, they are my favorite food
Quote by BryanChampine
Chea_man is the best.
Another variation of ramen that I love.

You need

A raw egg. The raw bit is key.
Some green onions
Some spices (my favorites are cumin and chilli powder)
Some Boullion (whatever flavor you like)
The packet that comes with the ramen
The ramen

Optional: Hot sauce, Kimchee on the side, strips of meat (cook these in a pan first)

What you do:

1: Boil water
2: Add in spices (not the packet yet), Egg, and Boullion. Hot sauce could go in now as well.
3: Make ramen with this water.
4: Green onions on top.

mmmm.

Another cool recipe I have: woodenbandman's burnt butter eggs.

Eggs
Cheese
Salsa
Butter

1. Heat up a pan until it dies.
2. Kill butter in pan
3. Once butter is dark brown/black, THEN AND ONLY THEN do you add the eggs (they are scrambled). Turn the pan down to a reasonable temperature.
4. About halfway through cooking process, when the eggs aren't done yet, put the salsa into the pan. Not a huge amount, but about as much as a person would put on their eggs.
5. When eggs are done, turn down pan ALL THE WAY, until it's barely on, and place cheese on it. Cook until cheese melts. Alternately, add cheese before the salsa is added.

TADA!
My Blog
New bands you wish you knew about!

Check This Band:As Blood Runs Black
Guitarist of the month: Quorthon

Got a good band that you want to share with the world? PM me and I'll write them a review.
Page 1 of 3