I'm looking to get another stomp box to add to my pedalboard. I play in standard, flat and drop d tunings. I play rock somewhere in the vein of 3 Doors Down, Shinedown, Fuel, Seven Mary Three, any 90's grunge or pop rock band. Basically anything Modern Rock. Anyways, right now I'm running a....

Boss DSD-2 Sampler/Delay, Boss TU-2 Tuner, Electro Harmonix Holy Grail Reverb, Dunlop Crybaby 535Q Multi-Wah, Ibanez TS9DX Turbo Tube Screamer, MXR M-101 Phase 90 and Amp Switch through an ESP LTD EC 400 (EMG 81/60) into a Marshall JTM60.

I'm looking in to addind either a Pro Co Rat2 or a Turbo Rat to my collection. I need a distortion with massive sustain that I can use for leads on the clean channel, also to give me another distorted/overdriven tone besides my OD channel. I also need it for a boost/thicken upper for my OD channel. I already have a Tube Screamer for that, but like I said, I want another tonal option. Basically, since I have a two channel amp, I'm looking at adding another channel in essence.

I read numerous reviews on both. I heard the Turbo has less distortion, while the Rat2 is quite warm. How much will either of these two color my tone? Any recommendations? Any exp with either one?

Thoughts?
big muff will sustain for days. might not be too practacle tho
Get off this damn forum and play your damn guitar.
Actually not a fan of any of the EH Muff lines. Too muddy for me. Not a fan of Boss distortions either.
the rat2 is my only pedal. so i think i can vouche for it. umm...personally, i really like it. ...i'm not sure about the turbo though...
Member #14 of the "Claudio Sanchez is god" Club.

My Gear:
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Epiphone G-400
Fender Precision Bass
Ibanez Exotic Wood Acoustic
Crate BX-15
Crate Palomino V16
Proco Rat 2
Dunlop 353q Crybaby
look into BYOC - they have a 6-way rat pedal (6 clipping modes).
and if u don't wanna solder there are places that make them and sell online..