made an interesting discovery in my local pawn shop recently.

I didn't actually recognize it at first, but it was apparently a Squier, assumedly vintage. At least, I have no idea of any ones currently made that look like it: looked more Ibanez than Squier.

I'm looking for any info I can on it, so anything you can give me based on the following description would be nice.

-basic "superstrat" styling
-a sort of off-white color, black headstock (similar to an Ibanez), no pickguard
-HSS configuration
-Licensed Floyd Rose vibrato

I assume it's from the 90s, and Korean made. However, i"m not sure on those points.

Any and all help and information is most welcome.
Do YOU know who Les Paul is?

Guitars:
-Epiphone Dot Studio
Amps:
-Fender Stage 112 SE
Effects:
-BBE Soul Vibe
-Boss OD-1 Overdrive
-Ibanez DE-7 Delay
Would you be able to find a pic of something that looks like it?
ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ

Quote by Xp3ns1v3
I thought it was illegal for women to use the internet.
I don't know any info on it mate sorry, but I'm wondering, did you buy it? I hope thats not to personal?
fender made a couple of ibanez, jackson type guitars back in the late 80`s one was a set neck squier with a pointed head stock and a floyd rose it retailed for about 700 dollars i belive it was mij or mik??? i dunno. the other one that i remember was a more conventional strat, bolt on neck, but had a floyd, and at least one humbucker. those were def. mij and played and sounded great. dont know what they sold for tho.
epiphone gothic lp
ibanez arc-300
epiphone traditional pro lp
vox ad100vht head.
vox cab
Quote by mig-29
fender made a couple of ibanez, jackson type guitars back in the late 80`s one was a set neck squier with a pointed head stock and a floyd rose it retailed for about 700 dollars i belive it was mij or mik??? i dunno. the other one that i remember was a more conventional strat, bolt on neck, but had a floyd, and at least one humbucker. those were def. mij and played and sounded great. dont know what they sold for tho.

Both descriptions sound like it, to an extent. Can't remember if it's bolt-on or not, but it definitely has the pointed headstock....the lettering was even made to look similar to the Ibanez font...

And, hell, if it's going for that much....

Um, no, I didn't get it, due to the fact I don't have enough money and have my eyes on something else. However, it was only going for about $130, so maybe I can find some stuff to pawn off for it....

And it sure as hell isn't modded, trust me.

Um, found this on eBay.....imagine this in white, and with an Ibanez-style headstock, and that's pretty much what I found: http://cgi.ebay.com/Fender-Squier-Strat-w-Floyd-Rose-Trem-made-in-1989_W0QQitemZ380032849532QQihZ025QQcategoryZ2384QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD1VQQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp1638Q2em118Q2el1247

Guitars:
-Epiphone Dot Studio
Amps:
-Fender Stage 112 SE
Effects:
-BBE Soul Vibe
-Boss OD-1 Overdrive
-Ibanez DE-7 Delay
Oh, come on guys, nothing?

Guitars:
-Epiphone Dot Studio
Amps:
-Fender Stage 112 SE
Effects:
-BBE Soul Vibe
-Boss OD-1 Overdrive
-Ibanez DE-7 Delay
Quote by Wulver
Oh, come on guys, nothing?

Do your homework.
Get some pictures of the serial, the headstock front and back, the body front and back,
the bridge, the nut ...
This, my friends, is a Squier HM3. Actually made by Ibanez (well, cort in Korea, Ibanez's contractor) in the late 80s. It's a very rare guitar now - if you get the chance to buy it, buy it!
And, dammit, it's in the US! If it was over here, I'd totally buy it!
Check out this site:
http://www.thatmetalbox.com/squier
For info.
And really, I bet it looks something like this:

Minus the kick-ass paint job, of course...

Ibanez S470
Laney HCM30R
Digitech GNX3000
Oh, and a bit more info on the guitar:
-Basswood body
-22 Jumbo fret maple/rosewood neck
-HSS or HSH pickup configurations
-High-output humbuckers
-Licensed Floyd Rose double-locking tremolo bridge

Pickups aren't the best from a guitar like this (it is, essentially, a cheaper version of Fender's HM Strat), so they may want replacing, but the guitar's solid and very usable. Plus, it's very mod-able. Definitely worth a second look.

Even more info:
http://reviews.harmony-central.com/reviews/Guitar/product/Fender/Squier+HM3/10/1

Ibanez S470
Laney HCM30R
Digitech GNX3000
lol that's an Ibanez Saber if I ever saw one :P
Interesting that they had that collaboration....
Why did Pat Metheney cross the road? He didn't, his hair got in the way
--
Member #1 of Ibanez > You club. PM me to join
Bingo, that's it. Thanks, man.

Now, gotta figure out how much the going price seems to be on eBay....if I can make a profit off it....

Guitars:
-Epiphone Dot Studio
Amps:
-Fender Stage 112 SE
Effects:
-BBE Soul Vibe
-Boss OD-1 Overdrive
-Ibanez DE-7 Delay