#1
i was being stupid, and used my amp as a seat, when all of the sudden the input plug fell right into my amp (see picture)



My options ive thought of include:

Sawing a square where the input is, so i can reach in and grab it.

taking apart the amp, and bring the jack back to surface level.

Getting some kind of magnet, and bring up the jack as is

help guys?
#2
dont use a magnet....

just take it apart. if you saw it then it will have next to no re-sale value. i dropped money down the grill of my ad50VT when i had it. I left it for a while but i needed 20p and didnt have it so i just took it apart...
#6
the screws on the back are like rock solid, and what are the chances i will mess up something on the inside? Ive never taken apart an amp before.

Its a 30 watt roland cube amp by the way.
#8
Quote by Micsunderland3
i was being stupid, and used my amp as a seat, when all of the sudden the input plug fell right into my amp (see picture)



My options ive thought of include:

Sawing a square where the input is, so i can reach in and grab it.

taking apart the amp, and bring the jack back to surface level.

Getting some kind of magnet, and bring up the jack as is

help guys?


Would try the magnet first, you can get a extendable at autozone for like 3 bucks.

If that doesnt work then take the amp apart...
#9
magnets and speakers arent really a good match - im pretty sure there will be some other stuff inside the amp that wont like magnets much either
#10
the screws on my amp are literally to stiff to take off, plus i dont want to really go inside and risk me messing something up. I think im just gonna saw a little bit so i can grab it.

Thanks guys, because i would have tried a magnet first.
#12
if you saw then you wont be able to sell it on for very much when you inevitably want to get a new amp! just put a little elbow grease in and take the amp apart
#13
The screw wont come off due to some kind of nut under the screw. Im gonna keep trying though.

And no, i dont live in austrailia
#14
The Roland Cube amps have a plastic input jack soldered to a circuit board. The damage you've done is more than can be fixed by simply pulling the jack back out.

Take it to a competent technician. You'll probably just make it worse if you try to fix it yourself.
#15
I think the curcuit board was fine. it only fell through because the washer/nut was loose.

Do u still think it might be too damaged?
#16
If its not a seperate jack clamped to the housing instead is one thats soldered to a PC board with a little nut on the outside. Then it would be at best pulled out of the board and would need to be resoldered. Or it when the jack broke off it took part of the board with it then all the magnets and fishing in the world wont fix it. Your going to have to take it apart. Even if its the old style you will still need to be able to hold the backside to be able to tighten the nut. So you dont have a choice but to take it apart and hope it hasnt become an expensive chair.
#17
if you saw the square, won't the jack not stay on anyways?

or am i misunderstanding somehting
98% of people have read that stupid 98% teens and alcohol sig, put this in your sig if you like getting hammered.

Thats it.