So i have been eyeing a classic 30 for some time now but it seems lately im taking a liking to the nice crunchy metals, Im looking for a Rammstein tone or close to it and i would still like to be able to play rock, Its ok if i will also need a pedal with the amp as long as its tube and nice quality around the price range of the classic 30.
Any helps appreciated. Thanks.
LIFE IS TOO SHORT NOT TO LET YOUR MIND SPREAD WINGS AND TAKE FLIGHT

Quote by KeepOnRotting
+Infinity. This dude knows good metal.
mesa boogie single rectifier is always good. and the reason i say the single and not double or triple is purely because it is affordable haha. i use a mesa mark IV and it kicks ass for metal but the price was quite steep.
Microsoft Works...there's and oxymoron for you.
My mate has an Engel (sp?) head, and is planning on getting an Engel cab soon. Even through his Peavey 412 cab the Engel sounds AWESOME. It's designed as a metal amp, and produces sick metal leads and rhythms, but it actually does rock and other similar genres quite well too. It has a really nice clean channel too, it's really glassy and sounds amazing with chorus and/or delay. They're a relatively new brand too so they're not over-priced.
Quote by eetfuk58
mesa boogie single rectifier is always good. and the reason i say the single and not double or triple is purely because it is affordable haha. i use a mesa mark IV and it kicks ass for metal but the price was quite steep.

dont get a mesa, especially if you were considering a classic 30.... if you want that "mesa" tone either get a b-52 at 100 combo which will get you good tones or a carvin V3 combo. probly a carvin if you want something a bit better. ALSO you can get a ts9 of some sort and boost a classic 30, which actually does make a nice tone. again you could also get a blackheart amp there nice with a metal muff infront of it.
It's spelt Engl, and yeah Engl are amazing.

You have a classic 30 though already, which has you sorted for versatility (if you're not selling it.)
If you're keeping the Classic 30, then I'd suggest a used 5150.
The 5150's cleans are horrible, but just A/B it with the Classic 30 and you're sorted for cleans and teh br00talz.