Righ now I use my uncle's fender squier, and when he comes home, sometimes we get his gibson SG out. I show cattle and make almost $3, 000 a year. This year I want to buy my own electric guitar, and I'm thinking about getting a Gibson SG (pro style) because that's what my favorate guitarist, Angus Young, in my favorate band, AC/DC has. Does anyone know any other guitars that would be sweet to get?
You'll have to play a bunch of guitars and see what you like, but the quality of Gibsons has gone done considerably in the last few years; they're no longer elite guitars. This may not apply to the high end, $2000 guitars, though.

I suggest Carvin. Unless you go to Cali or know someone with one, you can't play it until you buy it, but they're great. Everyone who plays my guitar is instantly jealous.
you could get a PRS, they're really good.
Gear:
Fender Hot Rod Deville 2x12
Custom Built Guitar (made it myself)
PRS SE Soapbar II Maple
Fender Stratacoustic (Stolen! )
Digitech RP200
Boss MT-2
Roland Microcube
I like my stuff!
Quote by bangoodcharlote
You'll have to play a bunch of guitars and see what you like, but the quality of Gibsons has gone done considerably in the last few years; they're no longer elite guitars. This may not apply to the high end, $2000 guitars, though.

I suggest Carvin. Unless you go to Cali or know someone with one, you can't play it until you buy it, but they're great. Everyone who plays my guitar is instantly jealous.

Gibson guitars are still excellent in quality. I own a 2005 SG standard and I love it!
I've played a number of Carvins. (I used to live near the Carvin store in Hollywood). They're nice guitars for sure, but if you want that Gibson sound, they won't do the trick, at least not to my taste.

To the TS. If you like sound of a Gibson, that is probably what you would be most happy with. An SG standard is around $1000 and is a very nice guitar.

PRS and Carvin are nice guitars as well, but if your looking for that classic tone...... You'll still likely be looking for it and not finding it with either of those.

Know what sound you want...... get the guitar that has that sound.

BTW I would avoid the epiphone versions. They're ok, but it sounds like your looking for the real deal. I would go with a Gibson SG standard or better.
Last edited by GuitarMunky at May 31, 2008,
This belongs in Electric Guitar.

Read their rules first, then post there

*Closed*
(Slightly outdated) Electronic and classical compositions by m'self: Check 'em out