My fellow monkeys, I will be going on a vacation a week from today, and the ride down will be 6 hours, plus a week staying. So, if you all would be so kind, to recommend me some good books (or poetry) to read whilst staying/good bands to listen to for 6 hours? I've read most of the classics, A Clockwork Orange, Fahrenheit 451, Alice in Wonderland, A Brave New World, etc. , and I'm looking for, like, progressive metal/death metal/ Jefferson Airplane type stuff, with the girl singer. And J. fusion/classical, of course. Anything really.

Thanks in advance, as always, and happy Caturday (if it's still going?)
My gear:
Schecter C-1+ w/ Seymour duncan Jazz (neck) and Full Shred (bridge), with Sperzels
B-52 LG-100A 4x12 half stack
Rogue LX405 Bass
Yamaha classical
Some sort of acoustic Squier
Boss Flanger
Lyon Chorus
pop in some ...and justice for all, and read some never ending story, the hobbit, and maybe if you have in child left in you some calvin and hobbes, and maybe wacth a movie or two, just a couple of ideas
stephen colbert's "i am america (and so can you)" is hilarious......i dont agree with alot of what he said in it but god it was funny
The Brothers Karamazov ftw
If you've read it, then read The Idiot

Yes, I am a Dostoevsky fan

Or
I am America by Stephen Colbert
Animal Farm, 1984, by Orwell
Shantaram (can't remember the author's name at the moment)
The complete Hitchhiker's Guide
Quote by lzrdsixsix6
stephen colbert's "i am america (and so can you)" is hilarious......i dont agree with alot of what he said in it but god it was funny

my friend read that, he wont let me borrow ir though (lol) and actually insulted a bunch of chrisians when he gave it to them when they asked for the bible, those are the only parts i know about, that and the fact that your not allowed to write in the margins
Quote by lzrdsixsix6

You don't agree with it because it was SATIRE. Even he doesn't believe what he put in the book, but you're right, it is even funnier on audiotape listening to him read it.
There will be no lamp posts where I'm going, son.
And I've read a bit of S.C.'s book, and indeed, it is hi-larious
My gear:
Schecter C-1+ w/ Seymour duncan Jazz (neck) and Full Shred (bridge), with Sperzels
Rogue LX405 Bass
Yamaha classical
Boss Flanger
Lyon Chorus
Quote by F8iscruel
my friend read that, he wont let me borrow ir though (lol) and actually insulted a bunch of chrisians when he gave it to them when they asked for the bible, those are the only parts i know about, that and the fact that your not allowed to write in the margins

Read it! He writes it with an overly conservative overtone (sarcastically, of course). It's pure genius.
Read Michael Crichton's State of Fear. Or read some epic poetry like Beowulf or the Odyssey.
And so far as music goes, go onto bittorrent.com and download the new Nine Inch Nails open-source album. You get about 16 songs that are all good for reading.
Or get some manga. I am a fan of the Hellsing series.
Newbs are dorks... oh wait, I'm a newb... shoot...

I DRINK YOUR MILKSHAKE!!!!!! I DRINK IT UP!!!

One of these smilies is mentally challenged
Quote by Karvid
The Brothers Karamazov ftw
If you've read it, then read The Idiot

Yes, I am a Dostoevsky fan

Or
I am America by Stephen Colbert
Animal Farm, 1984, by Orwell
Shantaram (can't remember the author's name at the moment)
The complete Hitchhiker's Guide

I've read Orwell, seen Hitchhiker's (I am far too lazy to read the book, man) I've never heard of the first two...But I shall google it! Thanks for the suggestions so far gaiz, keep em comin'
My gear:
Rogue LX405 Bass
Yamaha classical
Boss Flanger
Lyon Chorus
Quote by acoginthesystem
You don't agree with it because it was SATIRE. Even he doesn't believe what he put in the book, but you're right, it is even funnier on audiotape listening to him read it.

i realize it was lol, but some people believe that stuff sadly and i was just clarifying.
A good book is The Post-American World by Fareed Zakaria.
Or just about any book by Paulo Coelho
or if you were really bored you could pick up the Divine Comedy.
Thats interesting though a slighty long read. =]
I'd suggest some Guitar World magizines, Musician Friends magizines Guitar Legends magizine, and Guitar One Magizines, Edgar Allen Poe, Sherlock Holmes, Premonition, The Dark Tower Series, Strom of the Century, Rose Red, The Lake House, The Honeymoon, And Then There Were None, Secret Smile, Speak, Haunted Heritage, The Mummy, Jane Erye, Gothic!, Hatchet, The Time Machine...That's all I can think of at the moment...
"The Good Thing About Music Is, When It Hits You, You Feel No Pain" - Bob Marley
"When the power of Love over comes the love of power the world wil know peace" - Jimi Hendrix

::type

Be a ****ing champ and read Shantaram or The Brothers Karamazov, whilst listening to Opeth.

In a week you'll be able to just touch their discography enough to plant seeds. A brilliant band that takes some patience to bloom.

TBK was the best book I ever read, until I picked up Shantaram.

Good luck man
I'm very much into sci-fi myself, and I just read this amazingly good book. It's called Spin, and it's written by Robert Charles Wilson. I strongly recommend you to check it out.