Is there any more bands that are along the lines of Between the Buried and Me and Protest the Hero that are as good as they are? Bands that are really technical, progressive, long songs, and not Opeth? Thanks in advance.
Never heard them, but maybe you'd like Dream Theater for their long, technical, progressive stuff.
Quote by Your_Dad
Dream Theater????

/obvious

Dream Theater is my absolute favourite band in the f*cking universe. I just sort of got bord Dark Eternal Night and got into this stuff. Can't wait for their next album. Bound to be amazing after there changes in systematic chaos.
Ope- OH WAIT YOU SAID NOT THEM NEVER MIND I HAVE NOTHING
Q: Favourite Pink Floyd song?
A: The one where they get wicked high and play Emin and A for an hour.
Please delete this and post in "Bands and Artists" or one of the subforums. MT is for discussion of music theory, practice, technique, etc, not specific bands.

Thanks,
BGC
the number twelve looks like you
a million people will probably try to kill me and then kill my corpse for suggesting them
but they play hard and heavy
Try Bands and Artists... look around 80s rock, shred and prog, Metal, and Hardcore, and post somewhere if you can't find anything you like.

*Closed*
(Slightly outdated) Electronic and classical compositions by m'self: Check 'em out