ok i under stand where i place the humitifier(in between the strings etc), but the meter it doesnt really tell where i place it. right now its just on a desk near the guitar, but was i supose to mount that somehow on the top of the humitifier to properly regulate the guitars humitity level? just bought a rather expensive acoustic and dont want to have it get itself ruined.
AMPS:
Bugera 333XL
Orange AD30
VoxAC30cc2
ELECTRIC GUITARS:
Les Paul Standard 60s Neck
Jackson DKM2
Godin Solidac
ACOUSTICS:
Taylor 714CE
#1 Influence:
RUSH!!!
Where do you live? It's the beginning of the summer season in the USA and the majority of the country will experience some sort of high humidity levels soon. This means you need to de-humidify the air, not add more humidity to it. An air conditioner will do the trick very well.
Dry winter air(from furnaces/heaters) is the time you need to use your humidifier. As for where to place the meter/gauge, just keep it in the same room as the guitar, unless it's one designed specifically for inside of a guitar case. If so, put it in there.
By the way, the levels you want to be seeing are 45-50% humidity, and about 70 degrees F.
i live in north florida, right now the humitifier is at 42% and 77 degrees in this room.
thanks for the info though on the dehumidify.
AMPS:
Bugera 333XL
Orange AD30
VoxAC30cc2
ELECTRIC GUITARS:
Les Paul Standard 60s Neck
Jackson DKM2
Godin Solidac
ACOUSTICS:
Taylor 714CE
#1 Influence:
RUSH!!!