So I'm trying to run my effects through my 6505+ head, and I'm confused as to what I have to plug them into in the back. I've tried the 'http://www.peavey.com/assets//literature/manuals/00575680.pdf', but it's left me even more confused. Which jack do I plug it into, SEND or RETURN?

Also, can I run a distortion pedal through it?
dont run distortion thru the loop. Distortion goes in front of the pre amp. The manual said not to use gain effects(distrotion) in the loop.
I think your questions have been answered, but I have to ask - a distortion pedal on a 6505+ ?
Other tips

Generally the effects loop is for modulation effects.

Noise gates sometimes work great in the loop sometimes they work great infront of the amp.

You can treat an eq pedal the same as a noise gate. Try it out in both possitions.

Another handy trick is a volume pedal or even eq pedal with volume slider(mxr 108) you can put it in the loop turn the volume down and it will allow you to crank the volume a pretty fair amount giving you preamp overdrive and your still at bedroom levels. Some genres of music it sounds great others not so great. But its something else for you to test out and see how ya like it.

And congrats on the amp purchase, that thing is a beast...
Quote by IbanezPsycho

And congrats on the amp purchase, that thing is a beast...

Hah, thanks a ton man, and I was actually looking at that pedal before. I actually just got my Peavey back from repair (A wire was ripped out from the cab), so I'm anxious to crank her.
Quote by VIRUSDETECTED
Hah, thanks a ton man, and I was actually looking at that pedal before. I actually just got my Peavey back from repair (A wire was ripped out from the cab), so I'm anxious to crank her.

Yup, I was going to buy me a 6505 two weeks ago but the place i was going to get it from was out of stock and still out of stock so i purchased the Peavey Ultra Plus 120 to hold me over lol