Stratocaster - whats the difference between standard,hss standard,fat strat,deluxe,fsr,Koa

epiphone les pauls - whats the difference between standard plain top, standard plus top, custom,ultra

im owndering because alot of them have the same price but are so different.
also are any of these ocnsidered beginer guitars?and what countris make the guitars good or bad? i heard mexico,usa,japn are good??dunno for sure.

thanks for the help
standard strats have 3 single coils, HSS standards have one humbucker and 2 singe coils. Fat strats have humbuckers. it's also a matter of the wood used. american standard strats have solid bodies, if i am correct. don't know much about FSR. Koa is a type of wood used in Koa Strats.

epiphone plus tops have flamed maple caps while the plain top has none. the ultra has contours and chambered body for a more comfortable playing. the ultra II has nanomag pickups at the end of the neck for acoustic tones.

the customs, IMO, are made at the epi custom shop.

they're not just begginer guitars. any guitar can be a begginer's guitar, in my opinion. USA, Japan, Korea and Mexico makes some good guitars.
^ and fat strats and HSS strats are the same.
Jackson RR5 ivory w/ EMG 81/85
Jackson DX6 w/ SD Distortion & Dimarzio Super Distortion
Fender Starcaster Sunburst
Mesa/Boogie DC-3
Johnson JT50 Mirage
Ibanez TS-9
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Boss CE-5

ISP Decimator
Boss DD-6
Korg Pitchblack
whats a cap.also what countries are bad?also i heard that mant starts and lps get out of tune so i have to try many of them be4 buying it. true? also what woods are good
Quote by SungWismyName
whats a cap.also what countries are bad?also i heard that mant starts and lps get out of tune so i have to try many of them be4 buying it. true? also what woods are good

A cap? Do you mean a capo? It shifts your nut upwards (the guitar's nut, actually, just to clarify, don't worry ) so that you achieve a higher tuning.

There are no "bad" countries, it comes down to a matter of lower/higher end models usually. As for the woods, it's really dependent on what type of tone you want to achieve. The wood and pickups will help determine your tone, and then your amp will do the same to a larger degree.

So what type of tone are you looking for? I'll be happy to answer your questions about tonewoods after I know this.
Quote by :-D
A cap? Do you mean a capo? It shifts your nut upwards (the guitar's nut, actually, just to clarify, don't worry ) so that you achieve a higher tuning.

There are no "bad" countries, it comes down to a matter of lower/higher end models usually. As for the woods, it's really dependent on what type of tone you want to achieve. The wood and pickups will help determine your tone, and then your amp will do the same to a larger degree.

So what type of tone are you looking for? I'll be happy to answer your questions about tonewoods after I know this.

i think it's the flame maple CAP. not capo.

as for wood, i'd go for solid alder or mahogany.
Quote by :-D

um i would like to play a variey. i hate metal and hard rock...i wanna play like songs from jerry c.like im alright,maybe canon if i can, wedding in a dream,etc. i aslo like smooth calm songs..i meant cap on the body lol..also do many fenders go out of tune easily?