I have been playing for a while and have a gibson sg but I am looking for a new sound to my playing. I am looking at a fender strat at my local guitar store. It is a standard American strat for $999. There is also a Mexican Strat for $400. Is it worth getting the american made model compared to how much the sound improves.
no i dont think so. if you wanna spend 600 bucks for better craftsmanship and an extra fret and a finished neck and fretboard (which kills playability and spped btw), go ahead. i think it isnt worth it. it's your money go for it if you like.
buy a MIM or MIJ, which is like in between MIM and MIA.
Jackson RR5 ivory w/ EMG 81/85
Jackson DX6 w/ SD Distortion & Dimarzio Super Distortion
Fender Starcaster Sunburst
Mesa/Boogie DC-3
Johnson JT50 Mirage
Ibanez TS-9
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Boss CE-5

ISP Decimator
Boss DD-6
Korg Pitchblack
the 2007 and up MIM models supposedly come with better pickups and quality overall than MIMs of the earlier years
i'd go with the MIM if you don't have that kind of money
Quote by Sicko 21X7
tremelo the brown note until she caves
Money isnt a huge problem cuz I have $500 and my parents are gonna pay for the rest of it for my b-day but I was just making sure it wouldnt be a bad thing to buy. Im most likely gonna buy the American version.
The MIM you will have to upgrade, I'd say go for the MIA. Even though the MIM pickups are "upgraded", they still sound bad. I think they're ceramic magnets instead of alnico. They don't sound very vintage-y at all, they're really harsh.
My Rig
>MIM Fender Stratocaster and SX SJM-62
>various magicial noise boxes
>Peavey Classic 50 212

For the funk:
>Ibanez ATK300
>Acoustic B100
Quote by red star
The MIM you will have to upgrade, I'd say go for the MIA. Even though the MIM pickups are "upgraded", they still sound bad. I think they're ceramic magnets instead of alnico. They don't sound very vintage-y at all, they're really harsh.

That's a very true statement. Those ceramics sound so unusual you wonder if you're even playing an actual fender.

I'm gonna side with MIA on this one.
get the american or get the mim and put in noiseless scn pickups

they own

07 Fender American Deluxe Strat
07 Fender Custom Telecaster
09 Seymour Duncan Pickup Booster
09 Fulltone OCD V.4
10 Ibanez WH-10 V.2
09 Splawn SuperStock
10 Jet City JCA-20
97 Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

Yeh the SICK! bit sounds a bit stupid.

I have a Mexican Strat at home, and can't complain about it...
I think the biggest difference is, that when buying an American, you pay for higher costs of manufacture because of more expensive workforce in the US... Of course Americans sound a bit better, but I think it's not worth so much money...
I heard some rumours, that the workers who work at the American factory, also work at the Mexican one, but I don't know, if it is true... also I heard that the factories are located about 100 kilometres from one another...

Summary: I'll buy a Mexican...