Hey everyone,

Does anyone here have any experience in converting a guitar equipped with a Tune-o-matic bridge to a Floyd Rose bridge?

I've been toying with this idea, because in my experience, I just like floating trems more than fixed bridges, mostly due to the space between the strings and the body when they pass over the pickups.
I tried to get used to it, but after 1,5 years of trying I'm giving up...for some reason I'm just too used to FR equipped guitars.

Anyone got suggestions / links? (I tried google and search, but to little avail).
ADA MP-1 fanatic!

Rig:
ADA MP-1 (stock)
TC Electronic G-Major
Marshall El84 20/20
One major thing to keep in mind is how the neck pocket on the guitar is different than that of a FR equipped guitar, so that might need adjustments. What guitar are you planning on doing this mod to?
This question has been asked many many times. Answers the same it expensive and involves cutting alot of wood out of the body plus modding the neck for a locking nut. If you cant stand the TOM set up better of to sell the guitar and get one with the FR.
I'm planning on modding a Schecter Omen 7 extreme. I like the guitar, just hate the bridge.

I don't mind the routing and such, as I've installed Floyd Rose bridges before, I just never modded TOM style guitars.

Does anyone know of a guide or something for this process?
ADA MP-1 fanatic!

Rig:
ADA MP-1 (stock)
TC Electronic G-Major
Marshall El84 20/20
I think it would be cheaper and a hell of a lot easier to sell your Schecter and buy the FR equipped version. I'm not sure if it exists for the seven string Omen Extreme, but I know it does for the six string model.
Quote by BrockTandem
I think it would be cheaper and a hell of a lot easier to sell your Schecter and buy the FR equipped version. I'm not sure if it exists for the seven string Omen Extreme, but I know it does for the six string model.

Agreed you will spend a hell of a lot of money when you can just buy a guitar with a FR for the same money
Manchester United
Hmmmm....

Well, I'm sorta stubborn, and I might still do it anyway, but what would you suggest for a FR 7string guitar in the 500€ pricerange?

There's very little choice afaik...
ADA MP-1 fanatic!

Rig:
ADA MP-1 (stock)
TC Electronic G-Major
Marshall El84 20/20