Besides the fact that the DXQM has a quilted maple top, is their any real difference between the two? Like a difference in pickups or something? I've read two different reviews for each of these models, and the S470 scores higher over the DXQM. Why?
Because whoever reviewed it is stupid? seriously, i've got an S470 DXQM and its amazing, i would never ever ever ever swap it for a standard S470.
Alright. That makes sense. But do you guys know which one is more oriented for metal? Or is the only difference the quilted maple top (which I think is beautiful)?
I'd go with the DXQM on looks alone, I mean wow! Plus last I remember the S470 doesn't have that extra single the DXQM has.
The B-52 Bombers Group!
Own a B-52 amp? Join the club!

Quote by nashawa
He may be a troll, but he's an incredibly successful troll. So kudos on that.
Last edited by The Charm at Jun 1, 2008,
I was looking into the S470, on most of the normal sites they are not available. On Ebay, the S470 sells for $600, so if the quilted top is worth the extra $50 to you, go for it. (If you found a site that sell the S470, please PM me it )

I'm pretty sure the only difference is the inlays and pickups.

EDIT:
Quote by The_Charm
I'd go with the DXQM on looks alone, I mean wow! Plus that single coil gives it a little more versatiliy than the S470.

According to this website, the S470 does have a single coil.
Last edited by Mr. Nasty at Jun 1, 2008,
^^I got it confused with one of the other S series guitars then. I hate the way Ibanez labels their guitars I can't ever remember which is which.
The B-52 Bombers Group!
Own a B-52 amp? Join the club!

Quote by nashawa
He may be a troll, but he's an incredibly successful troll. So kudos on that.
They have the same pickups.

The quilt maple top only adds to aesthetics, I doubt it is thick enough to influence the tone.

They are the exact same guitar, bar looks. If you think the maple top is too sexy to not buy, get the DXQM. Otherwise, get the S470.
DX stands for deluxe and QM is referring to the maple colour if i remember correctly