I've had some riffs stored up, and i thought this metalcore piece would be a great way to put them together.
Oh and i need a suggestion for the ending: I'm not sure if guitar 1 should keep doing open notes until it fades out, or if it should do the progression the background guitars are doing. They both sound pretty good to me.
But go ahead and check it out. No bass, but i'll put that in later. C4C as always
Attachments:
Rebellion.zip
This is very strong metal-core. The breakdown is brutal, I love it man. Leave it exactly like that and you got an album filler. It isnt a breakthrough song but its still good.

Crit for Crit?
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=871481
-Gear-
Mesa Triple Rectifier---Bogner/Line6 SpiderValve---Orange PPC 4x12

-Pedalboard/Rackmount-
Alesis MidiVerb4--BBE SonicMaximizer 442--Ibanez TS9
Boss DD-3--Morley Mark Tremonti Wah

-Guitars-
Ibanez ART-100
Ibanez S-470
Okay, another example of good generic metalcore.
Solid song, some riffs are very generic though.
Nice solo, great Breakdown but I thought if you change like, three things it could be better. I'll show you.
Hope you don't mind but It could be a lott better with just these slight changes.
If you don't like it then nevermind
The short breakdown starting at bar 58

Solid Song.

~Loki <3
Attachments:
fitzgerald slight break edit.zip
~ Please Crit One Of My Songs? ~
~_My_Song_Threads_~

Quote by IndieLee
The_Bass_Poet, I want your babies.
Last edited by The_Bass_Poet at Jun 2, 2008,
Nice song. I really liked the solo. Simple, but still sounds good. After listening to Bass_Poet's version of the breakdown, I have to admit its a really good, solid song, that I would deem worthy enough to put of my limited space of music on my ipod. haha.

All in all, i give it a 9/10. Good job. Hope to hear some more stuff from ya.

If you have time, check out my song:
http://ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=868945
Quote by CrazyDavey
I like my women how I like my wine, 12 years old and locked in my basement.

Quote by rg_metal
Some old lady asked me if my electric guitar was a bass. It clearly has Six strings.

Nice song. As others said it was nothing particularly groundbreaking, but as far as standart metalcore goes you show a good understanding of the basics and can arrange them into a easy yet satisfying piece.

I had much fun jamming along to this, so I decided to tape a little rough mix of your song.

Drums&Bass straight from the can, not many changes in the riffs, and no particular mastering (I only have crappy PC-speakers here, so I couldn't do a good mix even if I wanted to)

>>> Click me for recorded Version <<<

The link also has a streaming feature, so you can listen instantly without having to download the file.

Anyways, thanks for sharing this nice song with us and giving me an opportunity to practice something again.
wow. holy crap you have no idea how awesome that is. its cool to think i wrote that! but i like what you did for the breakdowns with that cool high pictched harmony riff. but seriously holy crap man. hey what programs did you use for that?
programs: for a basic 2-guitar track I'd simply use Audacity, although it's a bitch to handle larger projects with it, and has no VSTplugin support, but that wasn't much of a problem here as the effects came straight out of my BOSS GT8 (plugged directly into the PC). For more ambitious projects I'd use other programs, but on the other hand I'm much too lazy to do larger projects anyway (unless a song excites me and is playable).

As for the variations, I kept the piece close to your template. Played a bit around with the drumfills (computerdrums can sound pretty unnatural if you don't prepare them), and added a basic basstrack (not that you'd hear much of it anyway). Both are sampled via soundfonts, a nice synthezising feature that comes with Creative-soundcards.

Anyways, this was just meant to give you some motivation and showing you how things can sound in a (well, I'd hestitate to call it "more professional", but oh well) setup. If you have a band, you can show it to them to give them a rough taste of how your song would play out. I'd love to hear your final version of it.
Otherwise you can blast this from your car stereo or whatever and have good times with it..

and the breakdown thing, this is just one of my 'standart moves', taking cues from bands like those on the Tribunal Records roster. It fills up the break nicely (as it was kinda too sparse on its own) and flows well with the blastbeat thing later on and together makes something that I could imagine bands like Becoming the Archetype, etc. would play.

Thanks for the kind words again, much appreciated. Keep composing!
my god.. dude thats like a masterpiece. great job on it.
i loved the solo and breakdown.
kudos
Nice job Ailes. If we can get someone to get some vocals over that, it'd be f*cking awesome. Even though it already is. lol
Quote by CrazyDavey
I like my women how I like my wine, 12 years old and locked in my basement.

Quote by rg_metal
Some old lady asked me if my electric guitar was a bass. It clearly has Six strings.

So whats the program you used for the drum and bass? Creative soundcards?

Not really a program. Soundcards from the company "Creative", although nowadays many other brand soundcards can utilize soundfont/wavetable too (basically every soundcard, if you use a emulation program like synthfont). If you have Guitar Pro RSE, soundfonts basically work the same (although across the whole midi instrument spectrum). You activate it, and it replaces your midi sound with sampled instruments (triggered by the midi). It can sound more real, especially when you take preparation steps (fast repeat notes, for example, will always sound mechanical). Although I only need drums and bass, I don't do much symphonic stuff. But when a project is extra ambitious I'd use a dedicated drumsampler, as it gives me more control over the voices. If you want to know more about soundfonts, maybe the wiki-article, or the company's website can help.
I want to add this to my iPod. Its soooooo good. Good job man.
-Gear-
Mesa Triple Rectifier---Bogner/Line6 SpiderValve---Orange PPC 4x12

-Pedalboard/Rackmount-
Alesis MidiVerb4--BBE SonicMaximizer 442--Ibanez TS9
Boss DD-3--Morley Mark Tremonti Wah

-Guitars-
Ibanez ART-100
Ibanez S-470
Quote by Ailes
Nice song. As others said it was nothing particularly groundbreaking, but as far as standart metalcore goes you show a good understanding of the basics and can arrange them into a easy yet satisfying piece.

I had much fun jamming along to this, so I decided to tape a little rough mix of your song.

Drums&Bass straight from the can, not many changes in the riffs, and no particular mastering (I only have crappy PC-speakers here, so I couldn't do a good mix even if I wanted to)

>>> Click me for recorded Version <<<

The link also has a streaming feature, so you can listen instantly without having to download the file.

Anyways, thanks for sharing this nice song with us and giving me an opportunity to practice something again.

Wow, nice quality.
Last edited by Gyroscope : Tomorrow at 01:00 PM.