Page 1 of 2
Did anyone just watch his fight against Thompson? Pretty good, but wtf was that on Thompson's ear?! It was bulging and near the end of the fight he got hit and it popped*
damn that was tonight? who won? im so glad kimbo slice finally decided to join ufc. ive seen his videos like 3 years ago or something and its about time.
im stupid. blahbalhblahblah
i dont like kimbo, he just seems like some street gangsta that thinks hes sweet just cuz hes overgrown and can punch hard. no grappling or ground skills. why doesnt he just box?
its not like he just came right off the streets and fought. he trained for a while to get into the ufc. i always thought kimbo should have joined the ufc.
im stupid. blahbalhblahblah
That was suck a good fight. Forget biting ears off Kimbo can just punch them off. They shouldn't have called the fight. TKO's suck.
that fight was so fixed, kimbo was getting beat on the ground so long that the ref must have been payed off to let kimbo win ELITE XC IS DEAD
Fender American Special Telecaster
Blackstar HT-5
Wren and Cuff Tall Font Russian
BBE Sonic Stomp
Mojo Hand FX Recoil Delay
Empress ParaEQ
Quote by Mudmen190
Butter bean would whoop his ass.

Butterbean is good at boxing, nothing else.
His fat ass got dropped nearly every fight once he started competing in MMA.
ya i think kimbo was aimin for the thing the whole time,my old man was freaked out by the thing
Quote by stitches31
i dont like kimbo, he just seems like some street gangsta that thinks hes sweet just cuz hes overgrown and can punch hard. no grappling or ground skills. why doesnt he just box?
Well, he's only fought 3 times so he'll get a lot better as he gets more experienced but i do agree. He seems better suited for boxing
Kimbo's ground game actually wasn't that bad. Until he got destroyed in the second round. If he can improve that, he'll be a much better fighter. Also, they really could have let the fight go a little longer.
WATCH THIS

Quote by GabeT347
does anybody have a sitar?
Quote by highway62
you have to buy them from george harrison. He owns all of them
For everyone wondering what was wrong with his ear: It was just a big cauliflower ear. Your ear is cartilage and it gets damaged from getting hit there when you fight and it can't be fixed, so I guess his ear was just really damaged. A lot of the fighters in these leagues have it. When Kimbo hit it it popped real hard.
Midnight whispers choke the daffodils, that were in your hair.
Quote by boXcaR 244
For everyone wondering what was wrong with his ear: It was just a big cauliflower ear. Your ear is cartilage and it gets damaged from getting hit there when you fight and it can't be fixed, so I guess his ear was just really damaged. A lot of the fighters in these leagues have it. When Kimbo hit it it popped real hard.

Ah ok, i really had no idea what it was
Kimbo is now undefeated. And his ground work wasn't at all bad, it's just that he's all defense on the ground. He was able to get out of all of them. Even if the ref hadn't called it off, Kimbo would've knocked him out within 5 seconds.
Quote by ukdudeinuk
Go whippingpost!!
Jesus christ. Kimbo's everthing I fear. He's large, black, and bald.
666 BRO
Quote by MyImmortal
That was suck a good fight. Forget biting ears off Kimbo can just punch them off. They shouldn't have called the fight. TKO's suck.

That is exactly what I thought!

I only caught the end of the fight and the highlights, and that part was awesome!
Quote by Fishyesque
Well, you might make her think otherwise.

You could just show her that you have a PS3 and BANG.

Heterosexual.

Quote by metal4all
A chainsaw can take a girl off her feet pretty nicely. Then there are less limbs to worry about while you rape her.
Quote by whippingpost134
Kimbo is now undefeated. And his ground work wasn't at all bad, it's just that he's all defense on the ground. He was able to get out of all of them. Even if the ref hadn't called it off, Kimbo would've knocked him out within 5 seconds.

Are you kidding me? Kimbo is absolutely pathetic on the ground. Any decent fighter would wipe the floor with him too. He couldn't even put down Thompson, KNOWN for having a glass jaw. The fight should have been stopped at the end of the second round when Kimbo ate like 50 elbows over 2 minutes and didn't defend at all.

Plus he has zero cardio. He gassed out after the first round and looked like he was fighting in slow motion after that.

What do you mean "he was able to get out of all of them"? He clearly couldn't get Thompson off save for one crappy reversal.

Kimbo's ground game:

Horrible stoppage, and the whole event in general was garbage save for 2 fights. Terrible production, 3 lame stoppages, too many mediocre fighters.
Last edited by AzureNight at Jun 1, 2008,
I caught the back end of the fight, Kimbo is one hell of a brawler but I dunno how well he'll do against some of the veteran UFC fighters.

Still, his street fighting stuff is pretty sweet.
Funny words.
Quote by saitenslayer
**** yes i just watched it, i think kimbo was tryin to bust it oppen the whole time

That's what I thought. I mean he was just railing on the left side of his head for a good part of the fight.
Quote by shattamakar
The only advantage of home-schooling is that it gives you good reason to commit suicide.

Hit this once or twice, and you'll be twice as nice.
The match should have ended in round two when Thompson was whoopin ass and Kimbo was just taking it.

But i agree with the ref's call to stop the fight. Your balance comes from the inner ear and once Thompson got hit he could barely stand.
Quote by I_Am_Iron_Man
I caught the back end of the fight, Kimbo is one hell of a brawler but I dunno how well he'll do against some of the veteran UFC fighters.

Still, his street fighting stuff is pretty sweet.

lol, any UFC heavyweight would fucking kill him brutally in the first round.

His street fighting stuff is only impressive because he fought retards and crackheads who clearly did not know how to fight, let alone block one punch.

Quote by snow blind
The match should have ended in round two when Thompson was whoopin ass and Kimbo was just taking it.

But i agree with the ref's call to stop the fight. Your balance comes from the inner ear and once Thompson got hit he could barely stand.

Frankly I think the ref was bought off. Kimbo took 50 elbows without defending for 2 minutes, with no stoppage, and then Thompson takes 4 punches WHILE FIGHTING BACK and the fight is stopped? Laughable at best. I expect to see stuff like that in the WWE, not in MMA.
Quote by Shib

LMFAO listen to the announcer as the fight is stopped.

"Terrible stoppage! Terrible! Terrible! ... James Thompson was not ready to go down! Horrendous!"

That announcer is the man. I didn't catch that when I watched it because I turned off my TV when they stopped it. Pure hilarity.
Quote by AzureNight

Frankly I think the ref was bought off. Kimbo took 50 elbows without defending for 2 minutes, with no stoppage, and then Thompson takes 4 punches WHILE FIGHTING BACK and the fight is stopped? Laughable at best. I expect to see stuff like that in the WWE, not in MMA.

I've always thought that the reffing in MMA is inconsistent. I've seen guys keep on fighting after not defending for half the round and other times they call if they stop for like five seconds.
Quote by snow blind
I've always thought that the reffing in MMA is inconsistent. I've seen guys keep on fighting after not defending for half the round and other times they call if they stop for like five seconds.

I know what you mean man. I've been following it intensely for years, and I see bad stoppages all the time. They really need to get some consistent shit going with the reffing. I've never seen a fight stopped after a fighter gets hit 4 times and still fights back.

Big John Mccarthy was my favourite ref, too bad he retired. I have never seen a bad call from him. Herb Dean is good too.
Sorry but Rampage or Liddell would kick the crap out this guy. Unless he some how improves in the next few months he'll be forgotten by next year.
Fender MIM Fat Strat
Jackson Dk2m Dinky Pro
Jackson DKMGT
Ibanez RG7321
Goya/Martin G812 Acoustic
Danelectro Fish n Chips EQ
Roland MicroCube
Quote by AzureNight
I know what you mean man. I've been following it intensely for years, and I see bad stoppages all the time. They really need to get some consistent shit going with the reffing. I've never seen a fight stopped after a fighter gets hit 4 times and still fights back.

Big John Mccarthy was my favourite ref, too bad he retired. I have never seen a bad call from him. Herb Dean is good too.

i never thought Dean was too good after the 2nd meeting between Ken Shamrock and Tito Ortiz where he stopped it only after a couple elbows, even tho i think Ortiz would have won anyway.

i agree with u on Mccarthy.

i wasn't a fan of the stoppage in the Slice fight, and Kimbo would get owned by any other fighter, i mean he's good, but no pro. its cuz he built a rep on the internet and such, and i respect that because that's good marketing and business, **** the guy got a CBS, a way bigger network than Spike or Vs.
Quote by Twist of fate
Is it true that if you call up Kimbo Slice asking him to fight and giving your address that he'll show up at your house and actually fight you?

Let's find out

...you call first
Quote by Twist of fate
*calls*

Ok now it's my turn

*calls*
*finds stick*
*hides behind door with stick*
*prays he doesn't come in through the window*
I was rooting for kimbo but I was really disappointed with his performance in the fight. He's not a pro. He's not in UFC either like some mentioned above. I think Kimbo definitely has potential but he is going to have to work extremely hard so he can build up his stamina. He was pretty much spent by the end of the first round. He was completely worn out. He is lucky he won that fight. He is gonna have to train and learn how to fight on the ground. He cannot rely on just his brawling and ever hope to realistically get anywhere in the UFC.
Quote by Twist of fate
Snow_Blind
In this thread

You bastard! you didn't call did you!

and to think i trusted you.
Kimbo is pretty horrible at his gound game but I enjoyed watching the fight, though I thought it ended early and it could've gone either way
Page 1 of 2