i just bought a new classic army sportline m15, and i cant get the orange flash hider off to put the black one on.... any ideas?
Quote by thrashing moles
i just bought a new classic army sportline m15, and i cant get the orange flash hider off to put the black one on.... any ideas?
I'm not sure, but the flash hider might be bolted on. I actually did the same thing with my ca36c today. It's also probably glued on, so you'll more than likely need a wrench to get it off. I'm not sure about the m15, but the g36's all have counterclockwise threads, which means you actually twist right to get the thing off.
Quote by MightyAl
I took a pic of myself, cut a hole in the face and stuck my knob through so i could see what I'd look like if I got bitten by a radioactive elephant.
Maybe you should just leave it on for legal reasons? Isn't that why the things there in the first place?
Midnight whispers choke the daffodils, that were in your hair.
Quote by boXcaR 244
Maybe you should just leave it on for legal reasons? Isn't that why the things there in the first place?

Orange tip is for shipping and selling purposes only.

Also, TS, did you check to see if it was threaded? Try twisting it loose w/ a wrench or something.
On the flashider, there is a small hole. Insert an allen wrench and turn it loose. Once that is loose, just grab the flashider and unscrew it. For pics, just google it. It's not a complicated procedure.

For my Jg M16A4, I just painted over it. I have seen some people just wrap black electrical tape around it, but it really isn't all the tacticool.

I got to fondle a sportline today. It feels nice, but I trust Echo 1 more. But if I was going to invest in a new gun, it would definently be a KWA.
Get a Carvin. Do it.
With how much money you kids spend on Air Soft and Paintball, you could get an actual gun.
Don't take the orange muzzle off, either. It's there so people can tell it's not real and so a cop doesn't shoot your dumb ass when you're playing with it.
Quote by WinterMadness76
With how much money you kids spend on Air Soft and Paintball, you could get an actual gun.
Don't take the orange muzzle off, either. It's there so people can tell it's not real and so a cop doesn't shoot your dumb ass when you're playing with it.

You are ignorant. Here is why:

1) they are sports. We aren't actually trying to kill people. I highly doubt you have ever played paintball or airsoft.

2) no, it's the dumbasses that play around the cops and in their backyard with cheapo Wally World guns. If you go to a real event (like I did earlier today), you aren't even close to any non-players (such as a person living next to the field or a cop).

Quote by Ferrets!
I'm not sure, but the flash hider might be bolted on. I actually did the same thing with my ca36c today. It's also probably glued on, so you'll more than likely need a wrench to get it off. I'm not sure about the m15, but the g36's all have counterclockwise threads, which means you actually twist right to get the thing off.

There can only be one person with the word "ferret" in their username. It's a dance off!
Get a Carvin. Do it.
Last edited by ferretface at Jun 1, 2008,
Quote by ferretface
You are ignorant. Here is why:

1) they are sports. We aren't actually trying to kill people. I highly doubt you have ever played paintball or airsoft.

2) no, it's the dumbasses that play around the cops and in their backyard with cheapo Wally World guns. If you go to a real event (like I did earlier today), you aren't even close to any non-players (such as a person living next to the field or a cop).

There can only be one person with the word "ferret" in their username. It's a dance off!

No, I am not ignorant.
In fact, I do play paintball quite often and have invested a lot into the hobby. I'd say I easily have more time spent in it than you. I've also played airsoft twice.
Also, if you honestly consider it a sport, you should get your head checked, it's a hobby at best, regardless of what ESPN might tell you.
I just would say investing in actual firearms is funner/more time worthy, but I suppose it's a matter of opinion.
Also, I live in LA and the airsoft kids get busted all the time for playing out in the fields, some black kid was shot last year. It's more common than you think.
I don't paintball. 2 times?!!! NO WAI!!!

To quote Merriam-Webster's online dictionary.....

"Sport: 1 a: a source of diversion : recreation b: sexual play c (1): physical activity engaged in for pleasure (2): a particular activity (as an athletic game) so engaged in"

When I went out today, it was fun and athletic. So it is a sport. And I don't understand how you can say paintball isn't a sport. There are plenty of tournametns where you play for money.

How is it more "funner" (that isn't even a word anyways)? I own a firearm, and I haven't really had anything to do with it other than to shoot at targets. And that can get boring. But if you invest in paintball/airsoft, you actually get to go out there, compete, work out, and have a good time.

Key word: KIDS. It takes maturity to use a replica properly. That is why you notify the police ahead of time and play on an insured field, not in a random field or Little Johnny's backyard.
Get a Carvin. Do it.
Quote by ferretface
I don't paintball. 2 times?!!! NO WAI!!!

To quote Merriam-Webster's online dictionary.....

"Sport: 1 a: a source of diversion : recreation b: sexual play c (1): physical activity engaged in for pleasure (2): a particular activity (as an athletic game) so engaged in"

When I went out today, it was fun and athletic. So it is a sport. And I don't understand how you can say paintball isn't a sport. There are plenty of tournametns where you play for money.

How is it more "funner" (that isn't even a word anyways)? I own a firearm, and I haven't really had anything to do with it other than to shoot at targets. And that can get boring. But if you invest in paintball/airsoft, you actually get to go out there, compete, work out, and have a good time.

Key word: KIDS. It takes maturity to use a replica properly. That is why you notify the police ahead of time and play on an insured field, not in a random field or Little Johnny's backyard.

If you wanna call it a sport, go ahead, but it's not.
Just because an online dictionary says that it might be by your definition, doesn't mean it's an established, known and accepted sport.
By your definition, anything slightly fun or athletic is a sport. Not true.
Sure, paintball, I suppose I'll give you that one then. My bad.
No, you don't own any guns, I can practically guarantee that, if so, what do you own?
And whatever you say, be sure that I will quiz you on it if I know it.
You don't just shoot at targets, you can go plinking, skeeting, hunting, more proof you don't own anything or know what you're talking about.
No, it doesn't take maturity to use a replica. It takes maturity to know how to use a firearm properly, follow safety procedures, disassemble, clean, and reassemble it.
Half the people who play either one of these "sports" don't go to fields, they just go out into the woods and have at it. Not to mention there aren't many airsoft fields around, not many people cater to it. Paintball on the other hand is different.
Umm....the only thing I want to say is, it's not a "flash hider" it's a flash suppressor .
"I was influenced to play the guitar after I saw the guy on Power Rangers do it. I figured it would be easy, since a guitar is basically a big kazoo."

Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul
Fender Blues Deville(For now... FOR SALE )
Quote by WinterMadness76
If you wanna call it a sport, go ahead, but it's not.
Just because an online dictionary says that it might be by your definition, doesn't mean it's an established, known and accepted sport.
By your definition, anything slightly fun or athletic is a sport. Not true.
Sure, paintball, I suppose I'll give you that one then. My bad.
No, you don't own any guns, I can practically guarantee that, if so, what do you own?
And whatever you say, be sure that I will quiz you on it if I know it.
You don't just shoot at targets, you can go plinking, skeeting, hunting, more proof you don't own anything or know what you're talking about.
No, it doesn't take maturity to use a replica. It takes maturity to know how to use a firearm properly, follow safety procedures, disassemble, clean, and reassemble it.
Half the people who play either one of these "sports" don't go to fields, they just go out into the woods and have at it. Not to mention there aren't many airsoft fields around, not many people cater to it. Paintball on the other hand is different.

Not to many people cater to it? Ha.
http://www.airsoftforum.com
http://www.airsoftretreat.com
http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk