Page 1 of 2
hows it going UG? here's the story, the store i'm currently working for is closing, and upon my resignation (and subsequent buyout) i have to sign a contract understanding that i can never work for the company again, ever. One slight problem arises from this: one sentence is too epic. help me wrap my head around this, and post some of the most epic pieces of literature

Living is easy with eyes closed...
--------------------------

Quote by GnR_ROK
I'm surprised you returned to this thread after cheeseman owned you.
That's a long sentence. =\
When a man lies he murders some part of the world
These are the pale deaths which men miscall their lives
All this I cannot bear to witness any longer
Cannot the kingdom of salvation take me home?
God fucking damn that's a massive sentence

I would just sign it and not care. :/
Quote by heavyairship
dying hurts

empty sig
They could have used at least one semicolon there.
I can honestly say I have really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like.

I don't always post on UG, but when I do, I post in the Pit. Stay thirsty my friends.
Quote by MedicreDemon
Have you never seen the constitution?

nope, i'm Canadian
let's see it

Quote by GnR_ROK
Quote by cheeseman3001
nope, i'm Canadian
let's see it

Uhh, find it yourself, all big documents like that have massive sentences.
Quote by pepsi_lovr
...O.o Lawyers shouldn't be allowed to make sentences.

pepsi

It's always fkin Pepsi with you!

E-penis inch to reference guesser...
Quote by LgLagro
You, you bring us both corm, and two hot russian gymnasts pretty much making out, you are a legend.

Limping Head Journalist and Proprietor of PitTown Cricket Club.

Keeping quiet about scandals since 2008.
IT basically just means that you can't sue them or other companies they own. No matter what.
I'm the one who has to die when it's time for me to die, so let me live my life, the way I want to.
-Jimi Hendrix
Don't sign it, return it with a: tl;dr it's the only appropriate response to such a sentence.
Last edited by guitar/bass76 at Jun 1, 2008,
In primary school, my friend wrote a letter for the assignment we had been set, and he wrote a full A4 page in one sentence. It was awesome.
Quote by ikarian-pride
lol, you used to work at loblaws. i remember when i was 4 i couldnt pronounce it so i would call it blawblaws.

OMG! Me too!!!
Quote by guitar/bass76
Don't sign it, return it with a: tl;dr it's the only appropriate response to such a sentence.

i fourth this motion!!
DO IT!!
We fear violence less than our own feelings. Personal, private, solitary pain is more terrifying than what anyone else can inflict.
Jim Morrison
That was such an epic sentence, that I cried when the bolded, underlined words came.
Seriously, just imagine someone saying that. I remember Ace Ventura saying a long sentence without taking a breath. Epic lulz ensued.
Quote by guitar/bass76

Either this or write "WALL OF TEXT" and draw one of those little running around smileys on it.
Bob Loblaw Lobs Law Bomb.
My Gear:
Fender Deluxe Fat Strat
Taylor 410ce
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Blackheart Little Giant
Zakk Wylde Wah
Fulltone FullDrive 2
Fulltone OCD
Fulltone GT500
Fulltone TTE
Boss Metal Zone
Line 6 Delay Modeler
Quote by guitar/bass76

You win my life.

Quote by MedicreDemon
Have you never seen the constitution?

The constitution is much easier to read than this. I have no idea what it said.

by the way the title of this thread misled me, i thought it was about sentences like Voilà! In view, a humble vaudevillian veteran, cast vicariously as both victim and villain by the vicissitudes of fate. This visage, no mere veneer of vanity, is a vestige of the vox populi, now vacant and vanished. However, this valorous visitation of a bygone vexation stands vivified, and has vowed to vanquish these venal and virulent vermin vanguarding vice and vouchsafing the violently vicious and voracious violation of volition! The only verdict is vengeance; a vendetta held as a votive, not in vain, for the value and veracity of such shall one day vindicate the vigilant and the virtuous. Verily, this vichyssoise of verbiage veers most verbose, so let me simply add that it's my very good honor to meet you and you may call me V.
ALWAYS

WANNA BE WITH YOU,
MAKE BELIEV
E WITH YOU,
AND L
IVE IN HARMONY, HARMONY,

OH, LOOVE!
I cry whenever I see lawyers pull crap like this, seriously, plain English ftw!

Didn't turn out too well. Basically "My family and myself agree to give up our right to take action against [any part of] the company for [basically anything] that I am or have been entitled to because of my employment/resignation."

It reminds me of this quote:

"In the course of three days hearing of this case I have, I suppose, heard section 4 [of the British Trade Marks Act, 1938] read, or have read it for myself, dozens if not hundreds of times. Despite this iteration I must confess that, reading it through once again, I have very little notion of what the section is intended to convey, and particularly the sentence of two hundred and fifty three words, as I make them, which constitutes sub-section 1. I doubt if the entire statute book could be successfully searched for a sentence of equal length which is of more fuliginous obscurity."
MacKinnon LJ, 1940
Last edited by Kiwi Ace at Jun 1, 2008,
Quote by SG Man Forever
The constitution is much easier to read than this. I have no idea what it said.

by the way the title of this thread misled me, i thought it was about sentences like Voilà! In view, a humble vaudevillian veteran, cast vicariously as both victim and villain by the vicissitudes of fate. This visage, no mere veneer of vanity, is a vestige of the vox populi, now vacant and vanished. However, this valorous visitation of a bygone vexation stands vivified, and has vowed to vanquish these venal and virulent vermin vanguarding vice and vouchsafing the violently vicious and voracious violation of volition! The only verdict is vengeance; a vendetta held as a votive, not in vain, for the value and veracity of such shall one day vindicate the vigilant and the virtuous. Verily, this vichyssoise of verbiage veers most verbose, so let me simply add that it's my very good honor to meet you and you may call me V.

good find, a buddy of mine has that memorized, its quite epic

Quote by GnR_ROK
i support the tl:dr idea and the WALL OF TEXT idea
<//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\>
"heretofore" and "hereinafter"??

I didn't know those were real words.
O.S.I.

Part of the 7-string Legion

Check out my profile
and my 7-string Ernie Ball MM JP-7 build

Quote by MoleMania
What does tl;dr mean?

too long, didnt read
Quote by ikarian-pride
lol, you used to work at loblaws. i remember when i was 4 i couldnt pronounce it so i would call it blawblaws.

also,that is a fkn HUGE sentence

I giggled.
Damn.

But that's not the most epic sentence ever. That would be, "Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo."
Bands to see before I die:
Iron Maiden
Foo Fighters
Megadeth
Reel Big Fish
Rush
Streetlight Manifesto

Gear:
Epi LP Standard
Washburn Strat
Line 6 Spider (Yes, I know it's bad)

GAS:
Ibanez RG3570Z
Digitech Whammy
Quote by SupremeACL
Damn.

But that's not the most epic sentence ever. That would be, "Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo."

I wrote that at the bottom of a picture of a Buffalo i drew for school. no one got it.
the most epic sentence ever is "Hi guys, i made the LOL WUT pear out of clay for art class"

but that is a pretty big bunch of legal BS.
Songs!
Something's Changed
Frost

BC Rich Mockingbird Evil Edge
Dean Palomino Vintage Sunburst
Indiana Scout Acoustic in Sparkly Blue
Kustom Arrow 16DFX, soon to be a Vox Valvetronix 50
Dimebag Custom Crybaby
Fab Tone
Page 1 of 2