I just sold my Schecter Hellraiser on eBay because the EMG pickups I didn't like at all.. They were so harsh, and I didn't want to replace the pickups just because the fact that the guitar looks so brutal and I play modern pop, modern rock, and a little metalcore. I nearly got retail price.. anyway. I have like $1500.. I want a new guitar. Now saying that I have that much, I don't want guitars only in that price range, I'd rather not spend that much. I always buy used, like I said I play modern pop punk (Boys like girls, sum 41, blink 182, all time low) modern rock, and a little metalcore, and I run it thru a Mesa Roadster and an Orange PPC2x12.

WHAT SHOULD I LOOK AT?

edit; I've always wanted a gibson sg, in fact i finally played one the other day but they are so expensive .. I really don't know what else I'd spend my money on but I'm not sure yet.
Matthew 7:7 ""Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you."

Pop Punk! Check us out!: Flinch
If you really want an SG go for it. Think of it like this, you could get a guitar that you kinda like for about $1000, but then the more and more you play it you may find you don't like it as much, and you'll want an SG. If you just go and get an SG, then you'll have the guitar you want and you won't have to replace it for a long time. Besides, I'd think you could find a standard series Gibson SG for less than 1.5k... Just gotta look around. Ebay is your friend.
Oh yeah going price for an SG standard is like $900-1000 right now.. But it's still a lot.
Matthew 7:7 ""Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you."

teh G 400 is a nice epiphone Sg
Quote by Wrst_Plyr_Evr
I beat my wife

Beating yea bi
Quote by mikeyElite
'72 tele

Maybe, I played it and loved it.

Why don't you try and find a Standard SG?

Or, aren't there ESP models that look SGish...? They probably wouldn't be good for your music though... well, maybe the metal-core.

In any case, the SG would be nice. I wanted one, but I settled on my Strat instead, and the result is a very dumb user name.
The sg plays pop punk, nearly every pop punk/pop rock band today uses an LP or SG, it obviously does rock, and I've seen a ton of metalcore/hardcore bands use SG's. I keep telling myself I want it, I just hate the price tag

My friend has a G 400, I dunno, with how much I have to spend, I don't want to limit myself to a lower end epiphone.

$1500?

Three Michael Kelly Patriots?

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/navigation?q=michael+kelly+patriot&st=

If you want decent bang for your buck but don't want to look like everyone else they're seriously worth considering.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
reconsider the tele deluxe tho, the pick ups are quite bad and they got the wrong pots in it
Quote by steven seagull
$1500?

Three Michael Kelly Patriots?

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/navigation?q=michael+kelly+patriot&st=

If you want decent bang for your buck but don't want to look like everyone else they're seriously worth considering.

Well yeah I have that much, but I'd hate spending that much.. I really don't want to even spend $1000 on a used SG But how are those guitars? They look pretty cool

Quote by tr3nt
Well yeah I have that much, but I'd hate spending that much.. I really don't want to even spend $1000 on a used SG But how are those guitars? They look pretty cool

They're seem to be pretty solid and they're getting pretty good reviews. Also because they're not a big name they're more likely to be bought by players who need a decent, good value guitar as opposed to someone who just knows the name so I trust those reviews a little more. You can't really get them in the UK so I've never palyed one but I'm toying with the idea of taking a chance and importing one on a whim becuase I like the look of them

The Patriot Glory is particularly alluring to me
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Yeah, michael kelly's are nice. I bought one half a year ago and I love it.
I suggest you look into them
Gear:
Fender CP Jazzmaster
Schecter PT Custom w/ Dimarzio crunch lab/liquifire
Marshall JCM2000 DSL+Orange 4x12
Orange Tiny Terror+Mesa Electra Dyne 2x12
Boss TU-2/NS-2/DD-6
Maxon OD808

MY BAND!
Quote by tr3nt
The sg plays pop punk, nearly every pop punk/pop rock band today uses an LP or SG, it obviously does rock, and I've seen a ton of metalcore/hardcore bands use SG's. I keep telling myself I want it, I just hate the price tag

They go for around $800 on eBay, if you're not willing to spend $1500, why say that you have $1500 to spend?
Funny words.
Quote by I_Am_Iron_Man
They go for around $800 on eBay, if you're not willing to spend $1500, why say that you have $1500 to spend?

Because I keep going back and forth on what I want to spend.

Quote by tr3nt
I just sold my Schecter Hellraiser on eBay because the EMG pickups I didn't like at all.. They were so harsh, and I didn't want to replace the pickups just because the fact that the guitar looks so brutal and I play modern pop, modern rock, and a little metalcore. I nearly got retail price.. anyway. I have like $1500.. I want a new guitar. Now saying that I have that much, I don't want guitars only in that price range, I'd rather not spend that much. I always buy used, like I said I play modern pop punk (Boys like girls, sum 41, blink 182, all time low) modern rock, and a little metalcore, and I run it thru a Mesa Roadster and an Orange PPC2x12.

WHAT SHOULD I LOOK AT?

edit; I've always wanted a gibson sg, in fact i finally played one the other day but they are so expensive .. I really don't know what else I'd spend my money on but I'm not sure yet.

There are SG's on musiciansfriend for 700. That's a good option. Not sure how they sound but you might want to get ne pups for it.
dude you are not going to be happy unless you get the sg. dont settle for second when you can afford the best. look at it like this a year from now, when you no longer feel the sting of shelling out 900-1500 clams for a geetar, you will say im happy w/ my purchase this is exactally what i wanted, and life is good.
epiphone gothic lp
ibanez arc-300
epiphone traditional pro lp
vox ad100vht head.
vox cab
Go big, or go Home. If you get the SG instead of Two or Three other guitars for half the price, because you keep wanting to upgrade, you gonna save money and time in the long run.
Quote by mig-29
dude you are not going to be happy unless you get the sg. dont settle for second when you can afford the best. look at it like this a year from now, when you no longer feel the sting of shelling out 900-1500 clams for a geetar, you will say im happy w/ my purchase this is exactally what i wanted, and life is good.

Is the SG the best though? I always hear this "Oh check out x guitar it's the best you'll get for the money"