Hey guys, I just got back from a Raconteurs concert. I was wondering what guitar it was that Jack played, it was ridiculous! It looked like a Gibson that was all chrome, with three pick ups, a whammy bar, four knobs and three small switches.

And ideas? It was an amazing looking guitar!
Time Magazine's 2006 Person of the Year
I think it's a Grestch Duo Jet double cut.
Quote by imgooley
I think it's a Grestch Duo Jet double cut.

Yeah, it did look like that. Except chromed, with three pickups and a bunch more switches and knobs.
Quote by Underjoggle
It's a Gretsch Duo Jet.
Customized.

Ah, ok. I thought so. I wanna chrome my next guitar project, it looked sick!
thats a change, I had only seen him use Airlines. but I figured he'd use something else too.
Quote by Cobalt Blue
thats a change, I had only seen him use Airlines. but I figured he'd use something else too.

I've seen him with a White Penguin and that Kay Acoustic that he plays slide on, and now this Gretsch.
hey is this it
damn that looks nice
Livin For the Music

dimebag420666 wrote:

i play guitar with my penis
^^That's the one. Pictures don't do it justice!
That is sick! I knew he played the Gretsch White Penguin which is nice, but this looks even better. Especially with the chrome or copper top
I think he got the white penguin around the icky thump erra, he usually doesn't use his white stripes guitars with the racs. I don't think I recall anyway...
jack uses hollowbodies for the raconteurs mostly...I remember seeing that copper guitrar somewhere but can't remember the name
Eastwood Guitars do Jack White models, heres the link... http://www.eastwoodguitars.com/
My Gear:
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Fender MIM Stratocaster
Yamaha Pacifica 112v
Epiphone G-400
Cheap acoustic

Roland Cube 30X
USA Big Muff PI
Dunlop Crybaby Wah GCB-95
I think if I remember rightly (I read an interview a looong time ago now) that it's completely custom; although it looks like a Gretsch it isn't.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
It is called the Triple Jet it has a top made of solid copper and a MXR micro amp built into it, it weighs more than the heaviest LP and it is not a Gretsch at all It is a custom one off made Guitar built by Randy Parsons who owns and runs Parsons Guitars custom shops in Washington. Just so you know I emailed Randy and he had to carve that top down out of solid copper by hand. In the Raconteurs Jack uses a variety of Gretsch guitars and the custom one off Triple Jet. He has a customized/modded Anniversary jr. which features a 3rd pickup and another switch by the bridge and two Gretsch acoustics. I just saw them for the second time and i got some very good looks at the gear (Section one baby)