Aha so my buddy said he saw this on the msn home page today and i took a closer look into it...

The main idea behind it is instead of sleeping for one long period each night you take small naps throughout the day. One example i found was taking two 1.5 hour naps throughout the 24 hour day and the other was to take a 20 minute nap every four hours. Apparently that is all the sleep your body needs to function. The only thing it usually collides with is ur daily schedule.

So i think i might try it.. it could be tough though since i work full time on a strange schedule. ( 3 twelve hour shifts a week )

Anyone else brave enough to try this out? possibly even document it aha?
And before he died, Taran-Ish had scrawled upon the altar of chrysolite with coarse shaky strokes the sign of DOOM.
Completely pointless and nearly impossible in modern society.
Someones knowledge of guitar companies spelling determines what amps you can own. Really smart people can own things like Framus because they sound like they might be spelled with a "y" but they aren't.
I think that could actually hurt you. We're not designed to sleep in one hour increments - it doesn't give our brain time to dream and defragment.
So good to see you once again.
I thought that you were hiding.
And you thought that I had run away.
Chasing the tail of dogma.
I opened my eye and there we were .
Quote by Archeo Avis
Completely pointless and nearly impossible in modern society.

Agreed. Unless you work at home and have no life

Quote by Sapient
I think that could actually hurt you. We're not designed to sleep in one hour increments - it doesn't give our brain time to dream and defragment.

Defragment? Microsofts in out brains?!?!?!

Just kidding
Cort lover of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join.
On cheating in a relationship...

Quote by metaldud536
If he doesn't use a gameshark, it's not cheating.

I'm a non-regular regular old user.
Quote by Sapient

yea thats what i thought but i found out we only actually get 1.5 hour periods or REM sleep anyway so eventually your body learns to kick into REM right when you hit the pillow

i definately see that theres alot of flaws with it though aha im not saying its a good idea, i just want someone with alot of time on their hands to try it.

I think in theory the two 1.5 hour sleeps would be pretty sweet if your body could actually run on it.
And before he died, Taran-Ish had scrawled upon the altar of chrysolite with coarse shaky strokes the sign of DOOM.
Your brain needs REM sleep, which takes awhile to get to because you need to be in the sleep mode for awhile to get into the "deep sleep"

This could/most likely will cause some kind of mental disorder
my gear:
Jackson DKMG(the one with EMG 81/85's)
b-52 AT 212 100 watt amp
old gear i'll probably sell eventually:
yamaha beginners guitar
gunmetal grey Fender squire strat
Fender 65R amp
Lack of sleep causes mental deterioration and eventually death, so shortening normal sleep patterns to sumat like that would push you closer to the mentalness....on a short term basis anyway.
Quote by LgLagro
You, you bring us both corm, and two hot russian gymnasts pretty much making out, you are a legend.

Limping Head Journalist and Proprietor of PitTown Cricket Club.

Keeping quiet about scandals since 2008.
During the school week, I often sleep for about 4 hours at night (2-6 am) and about 3 hours in the afternoon after school (4-7 pm). This is It works pretty well for me; as long as I get a total of about 7-8 hours I can function fine.

Biphasic sleep with a long sleep episode at night and a "siesta" in early afternoon is also easily explained and justified by circadian rhythm research.

During the weekends I usually sleep for about 10 hours straight through the night (or the day if I've been up partying).
This sleep pattern could actually probably be maintained healthily if you had no other societal demands to interfere with it. The problem, besides the practicality issue, is that missing even one of those naps would leave you completely exhausted and you'd likely be forced to sleep long and hard as a result.
Someones knowledge of guitar companies spelling determines what amps you can own. Really smart people can own things like Framus because they sound like they might be spelled with a "y" but they aren't.
Quote by Archeo Avis
This sleep pattern could actually probably be maintained healthily if you had no other societal demands to interfere with it. The problem, besides the practicality issue, is that missing even one of those naps would leave you completely exhausted and you'd likely be forced to sleep long and hard as a result.

Yea thats exactly what i was thinking... and its pretty much guaranteed you'll eventually miss a nap. I still think i might try the two 1.5 hour nap thing even though i know ill probably give up really fast.

Plus im pretty sure the first time i get drunk or stoned or anything ill just sleep right through my nap and say **** it